Photo TR: Canobie Coaster's World Adventures

Yas Waterworld- An awesome water park with a coaster credit
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Photo TR: Canobie Coaster's World Adventures

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:24 am

The car ride looked very nice with all the miniaturized sets, but it actually had the most downtime of any ride during my visit. By the time it reopened I wanted to dedicate time to reriding the Intamins.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler, Skyrush
Most Recent Trip Reports- Ferrari World & Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi

Postby Canobie Coaster » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:50 am

FunWorks / Yas Mall

Ferrari World isn't the only "amusement park" in the Yas Mall. Credit whores will likely discover FunWorks. Essentially it's a jumbo arcade with some rides. But the funniest part is that every single attraction has "works" in its name. No exception.

Exterior.jpg
Technically there are two parks in here.

Entrance.jpg
I hope you like things with "Works" in their name.

No seriously, look at these ride names:

Loop Works.jpg
Loop Works

Vroom Works.jpg
Vroom Works

Wham Works.jpg
Wham Works

Wohoo Works.jpg
Wohoo Works

Work it Works.jpg
Work in Works

Now people jokingly call a certain SFMM coaster YoloCoaster. However, FunWorks has the true YoloCoaster. They have some effed up creation called Yolo Works.

Usually compact indoor coasters are meant for kids. Yolo Works has the height and length of the smallest of kiddie coasters. However, for some baffling reason, this ride has OSTRs which force it to have the height requirement of an adult coaster. Wtf.

Yolo Works does have one trick to it at least. It's marketed as a drifting coaster, which basically equated to a spinning coaster. The spinning was too slow to ever become dizzying. So the resulting ride experience was more or less a bore, a bore that gave 15 or so laps. At least it was smooth. 2 out of 10

Yolo Works Entrance.jpg
I really want to know what was going through the heads of the designers when they made this ride.

Yolo Works Turn.jpg
Here you spin at about the rate of Time Traveler, possibly slower.

The rest of the mall was arguably more impressive than FunWorks. I had a delicious burger for dinner at the Black Tap, which had a beautiful view of the mall's illuminated fountains. It was sort of hard to find a local eatery since the UAE is filled with popular US chains like Shake Shack, Texas Roadhouse, etc.

Hamburger.jpg
If you look closely, you may be able to spot Formula Rossa.

Texas Roadhouse.jpg
You don't have to look closely to find US chains.

Center 1.jpg
Like the Dubai Mall, the Yas Mall looked really nice.

Camel.jpg
And it had some theming.

Virgin Store.jpg
Is it a coincidence the Virgin store is by the DC store?

Virgin Store Slide.jpg
That Virgin store had this totally awesome free slide. Too bad it was a complete free-for-all with kids pushing their way to the front to ride.

Also it's not exactly part of the mall, but they're building this awesome looking climbing center adjacent to it called Clymb. They advertised they'd have the world's tallest (I believe 40 meters) and widest indoor rock wall. It's definitely something to look forward to in a return trip.

Clymb.jpg
As a rock climbing fan, I'm bummed out that I missed this.
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler, Skyrush

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:52 am

Those look like some great malls! I also don't usually care for malls, but when they look that good and it's that hot outside, definitely!

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:59 am

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:Those look like some great malls! I also don't usually care for malls, but when they look that good and it's that hot outside, definitely!

Yeah, I mean it's really unfair to call these UAE super entertainment/shopping/dining centers "malls". They offer so much more than a "mall".

Postby Canobie Coaster » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:25 am

Whatever you want to call them, they're a load of fun. I've never seen malls that busy on a standard weeknight.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby VinTheAttendant » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:32 am

Really enjoying the UAE pictures so far.

Canobie Coaster wrote:Ferrari World
They also had a flying theater (Viaggio in Italia) and racing simulator (Driving with the Champion). This may have been a stupid reason to do so, but I skipped them because of Ferrari Land PTSD. Note I said Land and not World.

Viaggio in Italio, if I'm remembering correctly, had only one pre-show. That being said, I probably had my worst flying theater experience on it. I was assigned the front (bottom) row on the far left side of the left set of seats, the result was a great view of the bottom-left corner of the screen and the fully-lit operator's booth lol. Suffice to say, you didn't miss much.

I'm excited to see your TR of Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi. I missed it on my recent trip to the UAE.
"Lazer Snake Horse On Fire looks too intense for me"

Click here to join me on my adventures around the world!

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:16 pm

Exciting chapters of this thread! The Intamins at Ferrari world seem like a ton of fun. I like the how you talk about the lateral G's - that really intrigues me because those parts of Skyrush were kinda my favorite. The combo of the strong forces + the open seating makes for such a unique feeling. A rare, legit scared feeling :lol:
{1991} Chicago guy. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd

Postby Canobie Coaster » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:24 pm

VinTheAttendant wrote:Really enjoying the UAE pictures so far.

Canobie Coaster wrote:Ferrari World
They also had a flying theater (Viaggio in Italia) and racing simulator (Driving with the Champion). This may have been a stupid reason to do so, but I skipped them because of Ferrari Land PTSD. Note I said Land and not World.

Viaggio in Italio, if I'm remembering correctly, had only one pre-show. That being said, I probably had my worst flying theater experience on it. I was assigned the front (bottom) row on the far left side of the left set of seats, the result was a great view of the bottom-left corner of the screen and the fully-lit operator's booth lol. Suffice to say, you didn't miss much.

I'm excited to see your TR of Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi. I missed it on my recent trip to the UAE.

Thanks! So it sounds like I didn't miss out, especially since Warner Bros. World had a nice flying theater. Maybe I'll give it a try next time though.

PKI Jizzman wrote:Exciting chapters of this thread! The Intamins at Ferrari world seem like a ton of fun. I like the how you talk about the lateral G's - that really intrigues me because those parts of Skyrush were kinda my favorite. The combo of the strong forces + the open seating makes for such a unique feeling. A rare, legit scared feeling :lol:

Thanks! The open seating really helps up the thrill factor on Skyrush and Flying Aces. Any quick maneuver really feels like you're going to die and I love that feeling.

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby Ed Farmer » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:00 pm

It's been almost one full month. Let's see how this little segment of the report...

Canobie Coaster wrote:But Wildlife World is so much more than just rides. Obviously there are animal exhibits, but I was surprised just how minimal the fencing was around the exhibits. This was like the Mt. Olympus of animal enclosures. Most fences were about waist high and some exhibits didn’t even have fences. The result is an amazing animal experience until someone someday inevitably ruins it for everyone else.

...has held up.

Woman attacked by jaguar while taking selfie in restricted area at Wildlife World Zoo in Arizona.

We live in truly special and blessed times.
Last edited by larrygator on Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:14 pm.
Been you to have any spike, man?

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:27 pm

And boom goes the dynamite. :cry:

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!