Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 1678: Wildwood Grove announcement
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 9 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
token black guy

Re: Dollywood Discussion Thread

Postby jarmor » Sat May 26, 2018 6:55 pm

Shavethewhales wrote:I still think Screamscape just regurgitates a lot of what they read on message boards. Who knows if there's any veracity to those rumors, or if that's just the communities best guess at the moment. It sounds good though.

Yeah, the whole bit about not being able to get a hyper because Carowinds and SFoG has one seemed a little far fetched to me. Based on that logic, shouldn't Carowinds not have been able to get Intimidator if there was some clause?
"B&M will NEVER build a coaster over 300 ft..." until 2012
"Cedar Fair will NEVER build a coaster taller than MF..." until 2015

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Dollywoodlover20 » Tue May 29, 2018 11:37 pm

Anyone in the pigeon forge area got a look on this weekends weather? I keep watching from my phone and it’s changed 6 times. I’ll be going to Dollywood possibly on Sunday and I want to dodge the thunderstorms and rain if possible. I have a bring a friend pass and Sunday is the last day to use this one.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby TEDodd » Wed May 30, 2018 5:24 am

Dollywoodlover20 wrote:I want to dodge the thunderstorms and rain if possible.

The tropical storm should be gone by then, but what comes in after is hard to guess.

Expect typical summer weather, scattered afternoon thunderstorms.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed May 30, 2018 6:43 am

One good thing about Dollywood is that because shows are one of their main draws, they usually will stay open even in inclement weather. On those days, if the storm stops, ride lines are non-existent.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Knoebels & Dutch Wonderland

Postby Dollywoodlover20 » Thu May 31, 2018 12:25 pm

Now it’s changed back to all day thunderstorms with a 90% chance of rain. If it doesn’t change we’ll push back to next weekend. I really don’t feel like walking around a soaking wet Dollywood all day haha I done that back in December. Yea the lines were low but I was just so uncomfortable. Soaking wet feet, etc.
One thing I’ve never understood about the bring a friend passes is why they only have certain dates. Like mine are 4/30-6/3 and 8/6-8/31. Especially for the August one, that’s called a fall ticket, and that doesn’t even cover any fall festival lol

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby dstephe9 » Thu May 31, 2018 12:35 pm

This time of year it's hard to "Dodge" storms.. the other day I was there with a 75% chance of rain.. it rained 30 mins and sun was out the rest of the day.. it's just our weather.. today is a 100% and so far it's only rained this morning at my home.. and was done by 11.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby TEDodd » Thu May 31, 2018 1:54 pm

dstephe9 wrote:This time of year it's hard to "Dodge" storms..

Exactly. You just go and take your chances. Odds are it'll be a short storm (30-60) min.

Same in Orlando.

Postby Dollywoodlover20 » Thu May 31, 2018 2:16 pm

I mean I live up here in KY only 2.5 hours from Pigeon Forge so we get the same weather they do. Just here the past week or so it’s been a constant down pour, flood, mudslide or something of the sort. It’d be nice to see some sun and coasters for a change.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby dstephe9 » Thu May 31, 2018 2:29 pm

I was at Dollywood early this week, the day of the "flood" and was there until about 4 or 5 with no rain.. it was actually sunny most of the morning.. we could see the rain coming over the mountains.. rain hit, I'm not sure what time (about 7 where I live) and was very hard for an hour or so causing the floods..

Point is, still a great day for the most part.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Postby Bobby2889 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:01 pm

The new train hoods are no longer under the break run, however new trunks can now be spotted in the same location.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!