Nagashima Spa Land Discussion Thread

Park confirms RMC conversion of White Cyclone
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Re: Nagashima Spa Land (NSL) Discussion Thread

Postby Gutterflower » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:16 pm

I assume this is just general maintenance. At least I hope so.

DVPUN-CU8AAcCH8.jpg

https://twitter.com/higasaMHk/status/960344494863400960

MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:42 pm

chickenbowl wrote:Thanks for a little insight and nuance into the history of the Japanese theme park market. Also wanted to point out that Togo wasn't only making forceless crap either - Ultra Twisters have some crazy forces/elements, and they made some enormous coasters too (Bandit, Fujiyama, etc)

Oh yeah absolutely. Fujiyama is my favorite hyper just for how powerful and not perfectly engineered it is. I love it when you can clearly see a company was betting everything on one project and put in their maximum effort with the technology they have available. Much more meaningful than an L shaped out and back hyper.

I was trying to say that Togo was doing some really innovative projects, they invented tons of stuff that pushed the whole industry forward. Such an underrated company.

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby Jetstar2 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:22 pm

chickenbowl wrote:No, your massive generalizations are ridiculous and stupid. You're generalizing hundreds of millions of people because Japanese coaster companies installed a lot of Jet Coasters 20-30 years ago? Have you even been to Japan?

I studied abroad in Japan and I recently spent 3 months there. I've been from the southernmost point to just shy of the northernmost point of the country. I took 2 years of Japanese in America. I have spoken with hundreds of native Japanese people in their own country and have participated in several cultural events (not anime conventions or stupid shit like that). I've heard 2 different native Japanese college professors (one in America, one in Japan) discuss the generally milder tastes of Japanese people in their lectures. I have heard it from other native Japanese people numerous times as well. I have visited amusement parks in both America and Japan with native Japanese friends who have commented on the differences in tastes between the two cultures when it comes to rides. Of course a few of them have mentioned that they like more thrilling rides better, but most don't.

There are differences between cultures often involving tastes, perspectives and trends. Understanding these differences actually helps a person to form cultural awareness.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Garet » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:39 am

I mean you should also consider tastes and trends do change over time. I always felt Japan had a much bigger balance in what new rides came out between families vs thrill rides etc. I used to say the same about Korea in my TR's, after T-Express in 2008, almost every new ride in all the parks was ones that the whole family could ride and a lot of media based rides and a few bigger ones got removed with no replacements. The only single high height restriction I saw was a zamperla disko-o and 9 years later, in 2017, E-land added an air-race and a 360 swing and now this year we've seen is a dive coaster and another 360 swing and air race.

Do I agree with your opinion... No. Looking at the number of huge rides that have been installed in the last 10-20 years in Japan. But making an argument that going back further that was a trend, I maybe could see it.

Nothing beats Cali coasters

Postby chickenbowl » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:15 pm

Great HYBRID COASTER Coming in 2019 spring

Haha, ok cool, if you say so.

https://twitter.com/nagashimaresort/status/972357254815956992
Chasing Airtime
Steel Vengeance|Intimidator 305|Maverick|Skyrush|Twisted Timbers
Lightning Rod|Outlaw Run|El Toro|Phoenix|Wildfire

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby Afterburner » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:19 pm

A Moby-Dick-themed hybrid coaster? Weird, but cool.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby cal1br3tto » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:18 pm

Hah, that is cool! Or, at least, could be. Will be interesting to see exactly where they go with this.
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:07 pm

Maybe the whole coaster gets swallowed by a whale?

<pause>

:lol:
Resize of IMG_2385.JPG
Will be interesting to see what they do with all of this. TPR 2013 Japan Tour.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby cookiex » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:49 am

^I can't really see those giant helices staying but what they do with the remainder of the layout should be interesting.
| Taron | Helix | Wildfire | Balder | blue fire Megacoaster | Schwur Des Kärnan | Silver Star | Expedition: Everest | Manta (Florida) | Kraken |
Coaster count: 91

| Europa Park | Liseberg | Phantasialand | Disney's Animal Kingdom | Gröna Lund |
Park count: 28

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:20 am

Those helices better stay! Has this been confirmed RMC? If so, I'm seeing all kinds of terrifying headchoppers and screwy banking going on in that structure.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/539c3534a7c7084b61a754366e69a2bf.jpg[/img][/url]

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!