Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 1436: Hagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure news
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Bonafide Donkey Expert

Re: Universal Orlando's Halloween Horror Nights 21

Postby BaMiTsPaT » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:48 pm

This game does not make me feel like a winner. I am not getting anywhere with it. Anyone having any luck with it?
Coaster Count: 200 Wood:35 Steel: 165

Favorite Steel: Maverick (CP)
Favorite Wood: El Toro (SFGAdv.)

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Hilltopper39 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:57 pm

^ I think the house always wins....... :devil:

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby JT3000 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:19 am

Disclaimer: This is simply my theory at the moment, I don't know for sure how this is going to work.

Upon being introduced to this game, you might instinctively assume that the object of the game is to accumulate as many tokens as possible. I don't believe this is the case. Rather, the tokens are simply a currency used to play the game, as well as a means to punish you for going broke. The object is to simply beat each mini-game, and you only have to do it once each. Every time you beat a mini-game, the house of cards will increase in size. The symbols below will also start to fill in with color. Currently, there are only two mini-games to play and your house of cards can only increase in size twice. Once you beat both games, you're basically done for the time being. I'm assuming that the game will be expanded in the near future, with all 8 houses being represented by their own mini-games.

Oh, and in case you're wondering, the games are randomized, so there's no specific solution that will work every time.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby BaMiTsPaT » Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:40 am

^Though the games are randomized, the tombstones are not, as the Lady Elizabeth Hawthorn grave is always the rightmost one.
Coaster Count: 200 Wood:35 Steel: 165

Favorite Steel: Maverick (CP)
Favorite Wood: El Toro (SFGAdv.)

There is no such thing as a donkey punch.

Postby Coasterbp » Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:05 am

And always choose line 10 on the phone.

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby JT3000 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:53 am

New games have been added to the site, and the cards on the tray are now color coded so you can choose which game you want to play.

Gold - TV game
Aqua - Crypt keys game
Red - Horizon machine game
Green - Rune game
Purple - War game

Site Admin

Re: Universal Orlando's Wizarding World Of Harry Potter

Postby robbalvey » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:46 pm

Well, another nail in the coffin for anything that used to be The Lost Continent... Dueling Dragons will no longer be "dueling..."

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/28887591/detail.html

Another Injury At Harry Potter Rollercoaster
Universal Studios Makes Changes In Wake Of New Injury

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Universal Orlando is making a big change to one of the key attractions at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter after a second incident on the ride in two weeks has left another park patron injured.

The injuries happened on the Dragon Challenge dual roller coaster. In both cases, riders say something struck them on a portion of the ride where the two coaster trains come close together at high speed.

In the latest incident, 19-year-old Jon Wilson of Ohio says something struck him in his foot, arm and face on Thursday.

"My sister was sitting next to me at the time and when I said I was hit she thought it was a bug or something but then she looked over and I had blood on my hands so it was obviously something more," Wilson said.

In a major change for the attraction, the two trains of the dual coaster will now be staggered so they do not pass within feet of one another at high speed.

"As we continue to study these incidents, we will operate both coasters as separate experiences without their usual intersect points, Universal Spokesman Tom Schroder said in a written statement.

Thursday's incident came just over two weeks after another rider said he was injured on the same section of the ride. Carlos Montalvo said something struck him as the coaster he was riding passed the other coaster. Montavlo said the injury blinded his right eye.

Schroder said Universal Orlando officials believe "the ride itself did not play a role in these incidents."

"The safety of our guests is our highest priority and we are taking this very seriously," Schroder said, noting that more than 50 million people have "safely experienced" the Dragon Challenge (which was formerly called Dueling Dragons) since it opened.

Schroder said the park would not "speculate on what caused these incidents" but would continue its "long-standing policy of advising guests to safely secure personal items before riding."

Wilson said he's upset that Universal didn't change the ride after the incident that injured Montalvo.

"If this kind of thing is happening more than once in two weeks...it could be a problem of some kind and I feel...I feel....I just wanna make sure other people aren't getting hurt on it."

It all started with a donkey

Postby the ghost » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:50 pm

LAME! Of course, Ice was down when I visited the park, so I guess I'll never duel. This is seriously awful though... arguably the most unique inverted coasters in this world(the only dueling inverts) goes down for no real reason. No casualties or anything... and seemingly minor injuries as the guy telling the story was seemingly okay. This is just a stupid decision and really takes away all the coasters novelty!
Last edited by the ghost on Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:53 pm.
:derek: TPR's resident ent!

Way Close to Knoebels!

Postby Josh Linn » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:51 pm

Such a lame panic move...so 2 incidents in 12 years that just so happened to occur within weeks of each other warrants this?

He's kind of sad and pathetic

Postby BarryH » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:52 pm

Dueling Dragons has been dueling for over a decade without incident and now after things hit 2 people, they no longer duel? I find it interesting they were able to duel since the park opened in 1999. However, I do understand Universal's position and I hope they find out what hit their guests and are able to rectify the situation.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!