Today's Burning Question - Cedar Point or Walt Disney World?

The top "amusement" versus "theme" park resort!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Never really had a liking towards Disney

Postby coasterfreakcamman » Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:09 pm

I'd pick Cedar Point over Disney, though I've never been to either one. Main reasons would be due to me being a coaster addict, also Cedar Point is a long ways cheaper than Disney. Another reason would be that I've never really had a Disney appeal, even as a child. I don't know why, but for some reason I just never liked Disney Channel or had a passion for any of their characters. In fact, the only show I've ever that had a Disney character was the episode of South Park that had the Jonas Brothers and Mickey Mouse as their manager :lmao: But back to the theme park world, Six Flags Magic Mountain was probably the most memorable experience I've had at a theme park, which I had in 2012 when I was 13 (I'm 15 now), and if Cedar Point is considered to be better than that, then I'd pick that over ANYTHING. :airtime:
Steel:31
Wood:7
Hybrid:1

Re: Today's Burning Question - Cedar Point or Walt Disney Wo

Postby Wes » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:12 am

Would be interesting if WDW added more extreme thrill rides, or CP added more theming and atmosphere...

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby arby » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:29 am

Wes wrote:Would be interesting if WDW added more extreme thrill rides, or CP added more theming and atmosphere...

I totally agree.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:01 am

I have to go with Cedar Point here.

I don't like to call myself a Cedar Point fanboy because I feel like that label implies that I'm not open minded about other parks and rank rides at Cedar Point more highly than I should. I think I'm very open minded about all parks but for some reason, the coasters at Cedar Point really appeal to me. Even though I've been on over 200 coasters... 4 of the coasters in my top 10 are at Cedar Point.

My girlfriend and I spent 3 days at Cedar Point this summer and we both loved it. They probably have the best location of any park in the US, and with the hotels and restaurants outside the park (most with Lake Erie views) it really has the vibe of a vacation resort (not on the same planet as Disney but not too shabby). When you combine that with world class thrill rides it's going to appeal to me much more than a Disney style family park even though they're killing Cedar Point in every other department (except for their natural location).

If I had a family this wouldn't even be a debate, but even though Cedar Point is far from perfect their awesome location, solid flat ride line-up and outstanding coaster collection put them on top for me. And even though their food sucks compared to the food at Disney (or really anywhere else), you can get great food on the peninsula if you leave the park and walk for a few minutes. Again... Disney kills them in this department, but this isn't important enough to me that it's going to put them over the top.

It all started with a donkey

Postby the ghost » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:53 am

Currently I would choose CP because I have been to WDW BUT I am a Disney fanboy so had I not been to WDW fairly recently(fiveish years ago) then it would be the easiest choice in the world. I am in the rare group(or as Robb calls us fanboys) who prefers Disneyland to any park at WDW but admittedly the entire WDW experience is better than Disneyland and I feel like if I spent more time at EPCOT it could take the crown from Disneyland for favorite. Anyway my answer is CP for the sole reason that I haven't been there. But if I had been there Disney World any day of the week... also Disney world if it was more of a family trip than opposed to a credit run... which CP feels like.
:derek: TPR's resident ent!

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!