Walibi Holland Discussion Thread

P. 100 - Untamed progress photos
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Re: Walibi Holland Discussion Thread

Postby Nrthwnd » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:52 pm

Actually, separate from all the current above...

Isn't there another coaster they're planning to install,
using the big footprint that their Antique Cars ride takes?

A 4d Free Spin, I remember reading? :)

Trying to remember.

(Another coaster to enjoy, if true, by then.)
IMG_8480.JPG
And I gotta ride this again, if still there, by the time I go back to WH. A really great flat ride! Sept.12, 2015.
IMG_8479.JPG
What It's called. <lol>
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

I will provide you with maximum pleasure.

Postby DBru » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:38 pm

^That thing is one of my favorite flat rides ever!! A true hidden gem. And the cycle lasts FOREVER! Lol

Are there more of these out there?

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:35 am

Most of the existing Huss Magic rides are traveling the European fair circuit. In addition to this one there's one that's still running at Marineland up in Ontario.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby RCT3Bross » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:06 am

Nrthwnd wrote:Actually, separate from all the current above...

Isn't there another coaster they're planning to install,
using the big footprint that their Antique Cars ride takes?

A 4d Free Spin, I remember reading? :)

If I remember correctly that isn't coming.
Yes it was mentioned somewhere in 2017 that a S&S 4D free Spin would be added on that location it was just a rumored option for the 2019 coaster as the park's manageress stated during the construction of Lost Gravity that in 2019 a new coaster would come.

This rumor just made sense because well the park is known to take the easy route by Dutch fans. Nobody at that time dared to say Robin Hood would get an RMC treatment, because everybody believed the park wouldn't make a decision like that.

I would say if this plan ended up in the fridge I wouldn't be mad if by 2022 or 2024 (asuming the park keeps up this building trent) the S&S Free Spin gets added to the line up. I mean the design is odd but unique for the region. Either that or tear down Condor for a B&M inverted, I'm allowed to dream. :lmao:

Edit: Found the original post that was placed on this Thread that mentioned the Free Spin (Page 86). It mentioned that acourding to insiders the ride could open by 2019 or 2020, this I assume is just the insider knowing at that time a new coaster would come not sure which one. Also it claimes that Looopings (the original source) was told by S&S that Walibi expressed intrest in the product. Who knows they might have been looking for the next coaster already or this used to be one of the idea's for the 2019 season.
Roller Coaster Traveler 3 Bross Parks of 2018: Efteling, Phantasialand, Walibi Holland, Skyline park, Europa Park, Walibi Belgium, Toverland, Thorpe Park, Alton Towers, Blackpool Pleasure Beach
2018 Rides: Fenix (Toverland), Tiki Waka (Walibi Belgium), Wicker Man (Alton Towers), Icon (Blackpool Pleasure Beach).

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby walibi owner » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:22 pm

Walibi was looking for a new coaster after Lost Gravity. They found pictures / video's of a s&s free spin online. The park management tought this was a good ride for the park. In november 2016 they went to test it in six flags fiesta texas. After riding it they knew this ride sucks we don't want that. But after that they rode the rmc and they where sold.

The s&s would not come to Walibi. Yeej everybody happy!

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:15 pm

^ & ^^ Thanks for all the info on this. :smile:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby julianus » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:40 am

walibi owner wrote:Walibi was looking for a new coaster after Lost Gravity. They found pictures / video's of a s&s free spin online. The park management tought this was a good ride for the park. In november 2016 they went to test it in six flags fiesta texas. After riding it they knew this ride sucks we don't want that. But after that they rode the rmc and they where sold.

The s&s would not come to Walibi. Yeej everybody happy!

Yeah no.. The rumor about an S&S freespin originated after a radio interview with park manager Mascha van till. Stating a new ride would shortly be announced and that it would be a unique/first of it's kind in Europe roller coaster. Since she previously or shortly after that posted a picture from Six Flags Fiesta Texas, people figured it would be a S&S freespin. Because nobody actually expected them to go with RMC. A freespin would have been totally unique for europe and would have actually fitted the parks target audience fairly well.

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby RCT3Bross » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:42 am

Looopings seems to tackle a long going rumor about Untamed:
Source.
In short in english:
The new coaster in Walibi Holland is not for people with a weak stomach. Rollercoaster Untamed, that opens July 1st, will have five inversions. This confirms Walibi-manageress Marscha van Till in talks with Looopings. What kind of elements the ride will feature will be announced by the park in the coming months.
This will mean that Untamed has the most inversions of all the RMC's. This will also make it tie with Condor on having the most inversions on one ride in the Netherlands.

I really don't know if I can trust this. Looopings has a reputation they wouldn't shout something like this if it isn't true according to their sources. On the other hand RMC hasn't done more then 4 inversions, that doesn't mean they can do 5, but why do that with such a small design? I've easily dismissed this rumor up until now because I heavily believed it wouldn't be more then 3 but now looopings also claimes 5. This makes me wonder what RMC has in store for us. I don't know if I'm exited by this prospect, on the one hand RMC can make a great ride with 3 or 5 inversion I have no doubt in that, on the other hand their inversions aren't what makes the rides great.
Roller Coaster Traveler 3 Bross Parks of 2018: Efteling, Phantasialand, Walibi Holland, Skyline park, Europa Park, Walibi Belgium, Toverland, Thorpe Park, Alton Towers, Blackpool Pleasure Beach
2018 Rides: Fenix (Toverland), Tiki Waka (Walibi Belgium), Wicker Man (Alton Towers), Icon (Blackpool Pleasure Beach).

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:47 am

RMC inversions are awesome so I see no problem with this.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler
Most Recent Trip Reports- Eiffel Tower & Nigloland

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby B&MIntaminGCI » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:06 pm

RCT3Bross wrote:Looopings seems to tackle a long going rumor about Untamed:
Source.
In short in english:
The new coaster in Walibi Holland is not for people with a weak stomach. Rollercoaster Untamed, that opens July 1st, will have five inversions. This confirms Walibi-manageress Marscha van Till in talks with Looopings. What kind of elements the ride will feature will be announced by the park in the coming months.
This will mean that Untamed has the most inversions of all the RMC's. This will also make it tie with Condor on having the most inversions on one ride in the Netherlands.

I really don't know if I can trust this. Looopings has a reputation they wouldn't shout something like this if it isn't true according to their sources. On the other hand RMC hasn't done more then 4 inversions, that doesn't mean they can do 5, but why do that with such a small design? I've easily dismissed this rumor up until now because I heavily believed it wouldn't be more then 3 but now looopings also claimes 5. This makes me wonder what RMC has in store for us. I don't know if I'm exited by this prospect, on the one hand RMC can make a great ride with 3 or 5 inversion I have no doubt in that, on the other hand their inversions aren't what makes the rides great.

First Drop Magazine has also stated that Untamed would have 5 inversions as well. Apparently they're super reliable but I can't say for sure first hand. If it turns out being true then that means those crazy Gwazi rumors are way more valid than we thought.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!