Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

Vortex Being Removed!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 15 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Re: Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

Postby pǝʇɹǝʌuı » Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:32 am

^And Leviathan totally blew a lot of enthusiast's minds when it was announced. KI's giga is being hated on simply because of the fact that Fury 325 exists. I'm sure we'll all love it when we finally get a chance to ride.

(I feel like this thread keeps going in circles)

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:37 am

Just curious, if you removed Fury's helix wouldn't it be about the length of this ride? By all accounts, that helix is the weakest part of Fury.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Gardaland & Mirabilandia

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby Intamin_coyote » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:45 am

Haha. Even as someone who was rather disappointed upon initial viewing of the layout and predicted stats (but have certainly come around since then), I do find it quite hilarious how its already been established by some where this will rank in the hierarchy of gigas, and hierarchy of coasters in general....

And there isn't even teasers yet.... :lol: let alone it being announced, let alone it opening, or anyone having ridden it...

Canobie Coaster wrote:Just curious, if you removed Fury's helix wouldn't it be about the length of this ride? By all accounts, that helix is the weakest part of Fury.

Good question. I had been wondering the same thing myself, and actually looked into this a couple of weeks ago...

Upon using the Google Earth measuring tool, the raw length from an overhead view came out to be ~700 ft. Taking into account the elevation of the track I think it would be anywhere from ~750-800 ft.

So if you were to take out the helix alone on Fury, the length might be down 5800-5900 ft

SteVeUrkle wrote:This addition confuses me. This is the best a park of this caliber can come up with? Even using B&M? Ugh.

Can't believe what higher ups in the chain are willing to "sign off" on as a legitimate addition with so many other amazing roller coaster manufacturers providing much more unique thrills at a cost similar or less than B&M provides. Mack, Intamin, Premier all come to mind.

Kings Island deserves much better, IMO.

This post confuses me...

Just curious. Were you not aware that B&M was listed on official NOC documents as early as August of last year?

You sound as if you just found it that's going to B&M, and that other manufacturers were even rumored as potential builders of this ride.

We get it. You don't like B&M. And yes, there happen to be a lot of great coasters being made by other manufacturers as well. If you like Mack and Intamin so much, just move overseas.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby Ape » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:45 am

People being upset or nit picky about Kings islands new addition next year are hilarious to me and I’ve already had a few friends that aren’t enthusiasts reach out asking why they are building another diamondback. Lately I’ve been sending them the video eltororyan made (thank you) and then sending them video of fury vs intimidator at Carowinds.

I can’t wait for this no matter the stats or the name or colors but if I am seeing things right the next two elements after a 301 foot drop top put at 173. That should lead to some good pops of air and by the time you hit that weird turn around towards the end you should be carrying good speed for some force entering and exiting it. While the ride seems short by giga standards it should pack a punch.

Postby prozach626 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:35 am

I watched a couple quick youtube videos and footers are being poured for the new giga.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby hoppedup » Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:01 pm

Beautiful day at the park today. Except Diamondback went down when we would have been on the next train. All three trains are off and there appears to be no activity over there. Video screen out front reporting it down for the day. Daughter is a bit bummed to miss it, but we are having a great day otherwise. We did the tower and there are some footers poured for the new coaster. Full TR next week.
Parks: 21 | Coasters: 142 | Wood: 39 | Steel: 102 | Fiberglass: 1

Postby Vonni » Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:40 pm

Has there been any more teasers?

I Love Donkeys!

Postby SK4494 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:01 am

I finds it really strange that they are putting the Giga really close to Diamondback? Canada and Carowinds have their Gigas at the other end of the park from their Hypers and I would think they would put it at the former location to SoB

token black guy

Postby jarmor » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:28 am

Actually, the distance from station to station at Carowinds is about 1900+/-ft, at Wonderland 2000+/-ft and at KI it should be around 1500+/-ft. So technically they will all be around the same linear distance from each other. Not as strange as you think . . .
"B&M will NEVER build a coaster over 300 ft..." until 2012
"Cedar Fair will NEVER build a coaster taller than MF..." until 2015

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby southpuddle » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:44 am

^^ This isn’t a blank map in Roller Coaster Tycoon. Parks don’t really have the luxury most of the time to spread rides out perfectly and ideally. They make due with what they can.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!