Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

P. 1717 - Firehawk to be removed after the 2018 season
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 10 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

Postby coasterbill » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:22 am

The forecast for Sunday looks really good... clear skies, 50 degrees, winds light and variable. Everything should be open (including Windseeker which you've written off)... I don't see the problem unless they changed the forecast.

Weather Underground

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby loop-de-loop » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:55 pm

Kings Island is announcing their 2015 additions tomorrow at 2:00.
Screenshot_2014-10-31-16-54-10.png

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby grsupercity » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:55 pm

disc-o?
As of right now top 25
Maverick...Lightning Run...Fury325...Phantoms Revenge...Shivering Timbers...Montu...:lighting Rod...Afterburn...Mako...Storm Chaser...Goliath SFGAM...Rivine flyer2...Manta...Raging Bull ...American Thunder...Intimidator...Kumba...Millennium Force...Raptor...Voyage...Mine Blower...Renegade...Cheetah Hunt...Mr Freeze
Is that 26?

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby Lareson » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:12 pm

*duplicate*
Last edited by Lareson on Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:14 pm.
The man may keep me down but opinions are my own.

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby Lareson » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:12 pm

Can probably guess it'll be a Flying Scooters at a minimum. Would make some of the locals happy too since they lost their Flying Eagles under Paramount cause they thought it'd be better to ship them to a different park rather than reinstalling them.

They already have a Disk-O, Surf Dog. It was installed under Paramount and was basically the reason why Cedar Fair decided to add more to the chain since it's a great family friendly ride.
The man may keep me down but opinions are my own.

Come one. Come all. Ride the roller coaster in my pants.

Postby SFOGdude25 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:07 pm

It'll be the return of Shake Rattle & Roll, and probably a new Flying Eagles. I'd like to see a freshening up of Coney Mall (new paint, new LED lights etc.), and I'd REALLY like to see a repaint of Racer to its original red, white, and blue color scheme. They'll probably announce a new show or two as well.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby marth555 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:08 pm

That would be great

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby coasterchitchat » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:42 am

SFOGdude25 wrote:It'll be the return of Shake Rattle & Roll, and probably a new Flying Eagles. I'd like to see a freshening up of Coney Mall (new paint, new LED lights etc.), and I'd REALLY like to see a repaint of Racer to its original red, white, and blue color scheme. They'll probably announce a new show or two as well.

If they announce a new show, I hope it's Lumonsity at CP. It can keep guests longer at the park, and it's an AWESOME show (probably the best Cedar Fair show).
Vekoma is English means, "We don't have the budget for a B&M so let's just order a Vekoma."

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby IntaminLove » Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:23 am

I'm on my phone so I'll keep this short. There are going to be a lot of little additions next year. The only ones that may interest you guys are Woodstock Gliders in Planet Snoopy. Shake, Rattle and Roll is returning with a new light package. One of the biggest Starbucks in the area will be replacing the Thrill Seekers store on International Street. A yogurt shop will be replacing the current Starbucks. That's it from me and I'm sure they will have a press release soon with the other additions.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby coasterchitchat » Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:28 am

From: https://www.visitkingsisland.com/what-s-new/a-bigger-planet-snoopy-in-2015-

Kings Island adding two rides and other improvements for 2015!

Two new family rides, the largest Starbucks store in the Tri-State, and other improvements are all part of Kings Island’s plan for next summer.

The first of the new rides is Woodstock Gliders, a classic flying scooters ride from Larson International. The ride features eight two-person planes that glide 28 feet above the ground. As the planes begin to rotate, they will fan out over a large area. Each plane has a stationary rear wing and a moveable front wing which allows the guest to control the flight and alter their ride experience from mild to wild.

Woodstock Gliders is similar to the Flying Eagles, a popular former Kings Island ride that entertained more than 12 million guests during its 32 years of operation from 1972 to 2004.

The second new ride is Snoopy’s Space Buggies from Zamperla, an attraction designed for children of all ages to enjoy with their parents or grandparents. Six four-seat vehicles will bounce up and down while rotating in a circle.

The new rides will be located next to each other in the 14-time, award-winning Planet Snoopy kids’ area of the park.

Starbucks will be relocated from its current location at the end of International Street to the opposite side near the front gate and expanded to 3,650 square feet, making it one of the largest Starbucks stores in the Midwest. The seating capacity of 219 will include a spacious outdoor patio that will offer a great view of the 600,000-gallon Royal Fountain and Eiffel Tower.

The International Street Fudge and Candy Shop will be renamed Sweet Spot and undergo an extensive interior and exterior redesign with new product offerings and the opportunity for guests to experience watching fudge and candy being made through large glass windows.

A new yogurt store, Yogurt Plus, will be located on International Street in the current Starbucks location, offering 18 different flavors and an endless combination of toppings including fresh cut fruits, candy, cereal, nuts, granola, and syrups.

Other International Street renovations include the Funnel Cake stand, which will allow guests to see the toppings that are available to top their fresh-fried funnel cake. Toppings will include warm blueberry and apple toppings, fresh strawberry glaze topping, and hand-scooped ice cream.

Other changes coming to the park, as well, as part of the 2015 plan include an expanded Coca-Cola Marketplace with a deeper selection of healthy food options, Coca-Cola Freestyle Café, and upgrades to the Picnic Grove area with a new entrance, improved landscaping around each of the pavilions and remodeled restroom facilities.
Vekoma is English means, "We don't have the budget for a B&M so let's just order a Vekoma."

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!