Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

P. 1814 - Orion Giga Coaster Announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: mattkopp23 and 27 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Re: Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

Postby operative_me » Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:55 pm

Here in the great State of Ohio ("The Buckeye State™", "The Heart of it All™") we only have one amusement park that does a holiday event, Kings Island. Since I work weekends my only real opportunity to try to get to the park was Monday 12/17 or Tuesday 12/18, since the park will be open the full week.

Edit because of tl:dr. Best Western by the park was cool, Winterfest was fun, I love Mystic Timbers.
Last edited by operative_me on Wed May 15, 2019 9:19 am.

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:12 pm

Hey man, vegans and vegetarians need their stoner food too :lol: That being said I was at 2 music festivals over the summer where White Castle was *giving away* the Impossible slider *for free* and the trash cans in the area were filled to the brim since people were taking one bite and tossing them. Nice to cater to everyone, but not everything is a good idea haha.

So after White Castle and a quick stop for air freshener since the air quality of the car interior had plummeted, we continued our journey.

...... :lmao: :butt: :lmao:

I agree Boo Blasters is frustrating to 'play' and I usually end up just watching and riding. I'd hope a new theme/overhaul is on the horizon soon? It used to be such an amazing dark ride.

Glad you enjoyed Mystic Timbers. Thanks for the report!
{1991} Chicago guy. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby WolfBobs » Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:24 am

Made it down for my first Winterfest experience this past Saturday (Dec 22) and I'll have to admit I really enjoyed myself, about 100x more than I thought I would! =)

Enough people here have posted tons of pics and I don't really take any when I go to parks but the park really knocked it out with the lights, decorations and re-themes for the shops and food stands. I wasn't even too disappointed in the rides line up. Rode Flight of Fear and Mystic Timbers once each (my nephews took multiple spins thanks to the single rider lines) and a few flats. But once we ate, did the ice skating and shopped around a bit time really flew. If I was local I would definitely hit Winterfest more than once cause for what it is, with the all activities, shows, etc it could could be a multi-day event. In fact I heard multiple families say they would be back next weekend. I think CF really has a winner on their hands.

Personally, I would love to see a few more rides open for next season. I'm sure the new antique cars will be open with lights to drive through. Maybe 1 side of Racer or Backlot. But honestly I didn't even notice the limited ride line up too much just cause I was having such a good time doing everything else available. Didn't even see half the park! Can't wait to see these events grow through out the coming years.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillrider » Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:48 pm

Who says it's too cold to ride coasters? Nearly a full line.
20181230_184617.jpg
20181230_184609.jpg
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

Postby RAWKIN_coaster38 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:57 pm

While I very much enjoyed the sliders and the trip down memory lane, one small thing did bother me. The NEW Impossible Slider. Made with that Impossible beef. If you want to be a vegan or vegetarian, more power to you. If you want to live a healthier life, go for it. But White Castle, what the hell are you doing? You've built a long history of being delicious and totally horrible at the same time and NOW YOU ARE THROWING THAT PROUD TRADITION OUT THE WINDOW AND I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHO YOU ARE ANYMORE!
Ok sorry, I'll stop.

Such hate! :lol: I actually really like the Impossible sliders, and it has caused me to go to White Castle more. There aren't many fast food places that have vegetarian food, so when it's late at night and nothing else is open (including Subway, my usual go-to) it's nice to know I can get something at White Castle. I think vegetarianism and veganism is catching on (I hope) so I think it's very smart that fast food chains get on board! Also, unless they discontinued them, they used to have veggie burgers and black bean burgers but I guess people didn't order them often because I always had to wait while they defrosted them. :lol:

Tonight I was supposed to go to KI with a friend and her daughter for NYE, but with the rain I'm not sure I'm gonna go. Anyone else going?
“If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?”

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby gr8LAboy » Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:09 pm

I went last night for a couple of hours around 10pm and was really happy I did. Not only was it warm (but windy) but the crowds were low because of the rain all day. I walked right on Outer Limits and Mystic Timbers had a 15 minute wait.

It was night and day crowd wise from Friday and Sunday where I walked in saw the line for Timbers and left.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby drummermattk » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:18 pm

The Autos construction site is looking great, firehawk deconstruction has yet to start, racer has received a retrack on the blue sides turn around, and the all new employee dorms are coming along nicely! Also got to test out my new camera from Christmas! Have a happy new year guys and get ready for new rides opening later this year! Also Check it out here:
IMG_0047.JPG
Firehawk train still on site
IMG_0082.JPG
Racer retrack!
IMG_0120.JPG
IMG_0201.JPG
Drummer, Guitarist, Coaster Enthusiast and a metal head 
126 Credits and counting!
Creator of MK Media on all social media platforms!

Postby thrillrider » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:42 pm

Where exactly are the dorms being built?
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Gregorio1 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:15 am

thrillrider wrote:Where exactly are the dorms being built?

You can actually see the dorms being built from the Banshee cam on KI's website, but it's not particularly obvious to those who aren't aware of the site location. It's at the top center-rightish of the screen, just right of the greenhouses (I believe that's what those are):

KI's Banshee Cam

Postby prozach626 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:58 pm

They should have an excellent view of the giga...

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!