Parks Coasters and Rides in Movies and TV

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Parks & Rides in movies and on TV

Postby thrillrider » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:08 pm

Maybe he will head over to mean streak also. ;)
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Geauga Dog » Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:17 am

^Hmm, a good candidate if a remake of the film was ever considered.

^^^Didn't know the ride was renamed. I always thought it was The Rocket.

Portugal needs more old-school B&M's!!!

Postby rcjp » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:30 am

thrillrider wrote:Maybe he will head over to mean streak also. ;)

I want to hire this guy for some jobs! ;)
The Mr Freeze coasters should have speakers playing the sentence: "Let's kick some ice!" right before each launch

What does one say after riding a Batman clone?
The G force is strong with this one.

MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Thu May 01, 2014 4:00 am

Revolution looks HUGE in this movie! MagicMountain did got a lot of parking lot expansion that still give the feeling of parking lot :p

Was the trim on the tunnel added after the opening? From the POV on the movie, the train went through the helix really fast.
image.jpg

Postby rcjp » Thu May 01, 2014 4:59 am

^It doesn't look like there was, you're right. Or at least it wasn't doing much. But I don't know if it was only added later.
The Mr Freeze coasters should have speakers playing the sentence: "Let's kick some ice!" right before each launch

MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Thu May 01, 2014 5:05 am

Here's a better screen shot:
image.jpg
When they were checking for the bombs.
image.jpg
Lap bar train!!!
image.jpg
The officer said this is a loop lol
image.jpg
KD's singing mushroom!

Postby rcjp » Thu May 01, 2014 5:26 am

gerstlaueringvar wrote:
thumb_image_4557.jpg
The officer said this is a loop lol

No one thinks what a loop would look like seen from above :lol:

Seems So Surreal

Postby mike541x » Thu May 15, 2014 8:46 am

While there is not necessarily a ride or park shown, I noticed while watching one of my favorite shows It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, one of the characters Charlie, is wearing a Silver Dollar City t-shirt.
Screenshot_2014-05-15-11-36-17.png

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:07 pm

bert425 wrote:ok. .where is this , that is standing in for "FrightLand" ?

is that Kennywood where they filmed this?

as as fan of Slasher/Horror films and Amusment parks (and music, since one of the stars is Ogre from Skinny Puppy). . I'll definitely see it/rent it/buy it !

eddie200330 wrote:^ Looks like Conneaut Lake to me????

Just finally got around to watching this, after buying the DVD earlier this year.

yep, that's exactly where it was. . they give it credit for filming on location (also having now seen "Mission Amusement" where they "fix up" the park, I'd recognize it NOW as Conneaut Lake).

not only did they allow them to film there, but they didn't do a very good job "hiding" it (I would guess due to low budget).

they use the ride names "as is", there's tons of "Conneaut Lake" signage in background shots, and even on some maintenance signs in the "management office" scenes.

at least they filmed during an annual "Ghost Lake" event, so there were horror decorations around -- so it kinda looks like it COULD be a fright themed park.

oh, not at all a good film -- many, many plot holes (the biggest being: if there's a big restaurant/bar on site (which is where some of the characters hide later in the film), why in the world would their after hours party be in a tiny mgmt office? And why would they need a character to BRING booze, when there's a bar on site?).

and the film starts out in the haunt that they found in "Mission Amusement" that they then upgraded into the "Haunted Hostel" attraction on that show. So it was kinda fun recognizing that :)

ovrall tho? the acting is terrible (almost across the board); the "advertised star", Doug Bradley, only shows up over an hour into an hour-20 film (for about 5 minutes). . and it's obvious his scenes were shot separately; and the "kills" are poorly done - I'm sure due to budget (one goth character mentions she sometimes dreams about getting ground up in the gears of a ride . .. does that happen to her? nope, cheap slit throat gag).

the digitally rendered "killer breaks thru glass doors into gift shop" is the biggest laugh. Obviously Conneaut Lake isn't going to let them destroy a glass door. . but the way they did it in the shot?

1) the Door on the left is CLEARLY open (you can see the signage on the door to the left of the new, "digital" door thru the glass windows.
2) Ogres left arm keeps disappearing every time he moves it behind the door on the right (which is closed). .. yeah, his arm disappears when he steps behind a GLASS door.
3) when he breaks thru the glass, none of it hits the floor inside the gift shop.

still tho?

I'd recommend it still tho for Theme Park fans, because as noted, the park gave them free reign (apparently) to film wherever they wanted, and there is a lot of footage filmed on and around rides - in particular Little Dipper and Blue Streak.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Yummy! I just ate donkey!

Postby loop-de-loop » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:32 am

Luke Bryan's "Roller Coaster" lyric video has a lot of footage of Cedar Point.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!