Long wait times?

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Re: Long wait times?

Postby braztaz » Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:15 pm

Since I usually go in the middle of the week, wait times are never really a problem for me, so the longest wait would be Top Thrill Dragster/Millenium Force at 1 1/2 hours.
Reality is a lovely place, but I wouldn't wanna live there.

I'm wickedly obsessed with Ron Toomer

Postby B-RadG » Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:39 pm

3 hours for Hypersonic XLC. Last ride on that piece of crap ever. Not worth it at all.
2.5 hours for Flight of Fear. I went on Bank of America Day and everything had a long line.

I don't mind waiting so much if it's worth it. Hypersonic, for example, is not.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby cal1br3tto » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:15 pm

I've never estimated (or measured) a wait time of longer than about 45 minutes. I'm rarely interested in measuring exact times unless I'm particularly concerned about the number of rides I'll be able to get.

The dumbest wait I've ever undergone was for Drop Tower at CGA. It was down, but I decided to wait for quite a long time anyway, even though there was no line and I had already ridden it two or three times that day! This makes absolutely no sense to me now.

Once, I waited alone to ride Voyage about for about 45 minutes when it was down. This was misguided, since Voyage ended up having short lines all day long! I should've spent my time riding Raven and Legend, which had longer waits.
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby bill_s » Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:36 am

3 hours for Volcano year it opened, highly delayed and only running 8 seats. Long time ago, longest wait I endured in 2010 was an hour for Farhenheit and shouldn't have. Ironically, I have since managed to ride Volcano by myself several times, and in 2009 was even allowed to stay on and reride some. The best time to ride a new coaster is -- a lot later.

On the subject of wait times IN GENERAL -- I'm older and and more patient but have become accustomed to shorter waits and definitely wouldn't be as into going coaster-riding if the waits were longer. It's not just less waiting or more riding, it's a certain momentum to the experience. You come off a ride happy and enthused. If you can get another ride in short order, your mood just builds. If it's into another long line, by the time you ride again the coaster has to work from scratch.

As to the OP's question back in '05, I found Hershey rather crowded on my visit on a Monday mid-August this year. Also they have deals at night resulting in a surge right after 8:00, although I got a couple quick rides on Storm Runner right before close. Some parks are nice and have the money flowing, but I'll take a less crowded but good one 19 times out of 20.

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby Band-Aid » Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:05 am

1 hour for Magnum XL 200 for running one train (I think the other 2 trains were being worked on though)
"WHAT"
-Lil Jon

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Airtime&Gravity » Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:04 am

The longest I've ever waited was 3 hours for Superman: Ultimate Flight in 2005. It was at Coasters After Dark(which has no real benefit), and there were mechanical problems.

The second longest was 2 hours(twice) for Dark Knight on opening day. Again, there were frequent mechanical problems, and the fact it was opening day, which lead to the long lines. On the plus side, everything else had a short wait due to everyone else being in line for Dark Knight.

While not the longest wait, the worst wait I've experienced was one that was over an hour for Viper during Fright Fest. There was no line in the queue itself, and everyone was in the station. It was completely chaotic with line jumping, although there were no real sections for rows, and confusion as groups tried to organize so they rode together.

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby yankees15 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:12 pm

The longest I have waited was a little over 2 hours for Kingda Ka back in 2006. It was running two trains but broke down as well. Besides that I have waited an hour an a half for El Toro, Millennium Force, Top Thrill Dragster, Maverick, and Talon. But most of the time I hit the parks on weekdays so I never really wait more than 30 minutes tops.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby MagnumUnlimited » Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:27 pm

I remember waiting 3 hours to ride the Beast at night. It was totally worth it though, they had one of those long firework shows, that had only one type of firework.

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby palmerleeberry » Tue May 14, 2019 2:06 pm

In the hallow tradition of finding and retrieving old post, I have found another one to bring back!

In the almost ten years since the last time someone posted, have any wait time for any ride in any park approved some?

Last time I posted on this thread I reported that I spent nearly two and a half hours to ride KINGSTA KA. I even went back and edit that last post because light green text was much easier to read than green text.

GREEN TEXT LIGHT GREEN TEXT

I haven't been back to Six Flags Great Adventure, but now that coaster is a few years old, did anyone wait as long as I did to ride KINGSTA KA? In the past few years I've been inside of a park, the longest wait time was 75 minutes to ride Batman the Ride at Six Flags Fiesta Texas (and that was in 2015).

Any one else have recent long wait time stories to tell?

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Mike240SX » Tue May 14, 2019 2:17 pm

I distinctly remember waiting 4 hours to ride Skull Mountain at SFGAdv its debut year. I was like 14 though, so my memory may be foggy.

I positively remember waiting 3 hours with breakdowns to ride Maverick at CP in 2008.
-Mike
Total Coasters: 134
Top 10 Steel: Maverick, Skyrush, Intimidator 305, Banshee, Millennium Force, Raptor, Superman: The Ride (SFNE), Top Thrill Dragster, Big Bad Wolf, Volcano
Top 10 Wood: The Beast, El Toro, Phoenix (Knoebels), Boulder Dash, Thunderbolt (KW), Mystic Timbers, Comet (Hershey), Hercules, Shivering Timbers, Jack Rabbit (KW)
Top 5 Hybrid: Twisted Timbers, Goliath (SFGAm), Wicked Cyclone, Great White, Gemini

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!