TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kingda Ka Testing

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, if you say 128 miles per hour and a couple more feet is different (plus a camelback), that's kinda strange. I think its really no different except for the camelback.

---Brent 8)

LOL you and I would not get along. I'm at Space Mountain every so often and I notice BIG differences between the two sides here at WDW, I'm sure you'd say they are exactly the same lol.

Don't forget the color -- that makes KK different too

Anybody else find those trains to be hideous looking?

Not really. They could tone the orange a little bit down, but everythign else looks cool. They are probably just breaking it in so the track and launch system gets used to it.

Brent "who ever made that video, does not deserve to hold a camera anymore" Shenton 8)

Wow, that video was really awful!!!!

Either the person shooting it has Parkinson's or they were filming it from like the NJ Turnpike using super xtreme zoom!!!!

Don't they have to do these 'mini-launches' to kind of get everything warmed up and working before they just kick it into full gear? I thought I remembered something similar to this with TTD and Xcelerator.

Elissa "and yes, the 2 seats in the back thing looks really weird!" Alvey

That train has ghetto-booty like none other.

Yeah, seriously... What is with all the junk in the trunk? Why not put an extra row of people in. Whatever. But yeah, I would have to say those trains aren't the most attractive looking things in that picture. I didn't think they looked bad on the media video that Six Flags has been playing on the website for so long.

Okay, what is it with the constant anti-KK carping? It's not like TTD's cars are the most amazing-looking things in the world either, especially since they took off the dragster wheels. (Hey, since the wheels were removed because they were a drag on the trains, could the missing last row be a matter of weight and dynamics? OK, just a thought...) But the rest of TTD's theming (or XCelerator's, for that matter) is pretty damn minimal. Oooh, flags and bleachers! Is it because KK is SF and not CF, or what?

The themeing of the Golden Kingdom section more than makes up for any perceived lack of themeing on the trains.

Wow, that tarp over the old Frontier Adventure sign is some of the best "themeing" i've ever seen!