TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Retired Coasters

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The one ride that I miss the most is Shockwave from SFGAm. I honestly really enjoyed that ride. To me, it was just an essential part of the park. SUF is nice, but I still miss Shockwave.

I really think Iron Wolf needs to be scrapped. Iron Wolf was once an incredible ride, but those days are long gone.

Six Flags needs to either take care of the Deja Vus so that they are reliable rides, or take a blow torch to them. They've been sitting their too long with not enough operation time... at least SFOG's and SFGAm's has.

Lastly, Flashback at SFMM. Same deal with the Deja Vus. Get it running or lose it.

Indiana Jones et le Temple du Péril in disney land paris is horible, i think they could do so much more with the land, ie car park, toilets, smoking point... o you can smoke in the the whole park... maybe worlds first smoking rollercoaster with built in ash trays! warning this ride contains nicotine!

I dont think many people would care if they scrapped Magnus Colossus @ Terra Mitica. It has one of the most awesome locations ever for a coaster, but unfortunately its not very exciting at all. They could have built something really exciting in its place.

Basically, anything by TOGO that's still standing should be retired. Windjammer and King Cobra are gone, so let's keep it going by ripping down Skyliner and Manhattan Express.

I also think it's about time the Disaster Transport gets taken down, or at least get converted back into avalanche run, because that whole indoor coaster project was such a failure for CP IMO.

My defunct/dismantled/relocated list

Corkscrew (Myrtle Beach Pavilion) - My First Corkscrew

Corkscrew (Geauga Lake)

King Cobra (Kings Island)

Little Dipper (Kennywood) - My First Coaster

Laser Loop (Kennywood) - My First Vertical Loop

Whirlwind (Knoebels)

Wild Maus (Busch Gardens Williamsburg) - Rode it in both locations

Thunderbolt Express (Camden Park)

• 3 years later...

NOTICE: IT'S BEEN NEARLY FOUR YEARS SINCE THIS TOPIC GOT ITS LAST POST AND SINCE MY LAST TOPIC THAT I'VE FOUND ( "Worst Theme ride")WAS SUCH A SUCCESS, I'M DOING IT AGAIN!

"Two reasons I do this: to bring back last and forgotten post that are worthy of a repeat and no worries on having this post closed since it has been on themeparkreview all this time."

There have been a few coasters I've ridden in the past that are no longer operating.

KINGS DOMINION - Hypersonic XLC, King Kobra and Galaxi

BUSCH GARDENS WILLIAMSBURG - Glissade, Wild Maus, and Drachen Fire (although I don't think anyone has ever missed this headbanger)

LAKESIDE - Shooting Star (the park is no longer there)

KNOEBELS - Whirlwind

I cannot think of any coasters that should be demolished, because I like them all.

I've been on a bunch now-defunct roller coasters.

Batman & Robbin: The Chiller - I enjoyed this coaster and I think it's a shame its gone.

Hypersonic XLC - Sure, not the best ride in the world, but it had one hell of a launch. It was also my 100th coaster.

Big Dipper, Double Loop, and Villain from Geauga Lake - I miss the Big Dipper, it was a great classic out-n-back woodie. Villain I was fine to see go, it really was pretty terrible.

King Cobra (PKI) - Kind of historic, but a pretty bad coaster.

Python (BGT) - A fun coaster, but really nothing I care about.

Wild Maus (BGE) - Decent mouse, but nothing special

Scooby Ghoster Coaster (PKI) - Happy to see that gone

Whirlwind (Knoebels) - I like a lot of old Arrow loopers, but it wasn't great.

Black Widow (SFNE) - Glad to see this ride gone.

Psyclone (SFMM) - Couldn't have been torn down quick enough.

Viper (SFGAV) - Same as above, Its great to see both parks getting great wooden coasters in their place.

I've been on a bunch of other little coasters (Galaxy, etc) at various small parks.

I'd say the Big Dipper from Geauga, B&R: The Chiller, and Hypersonic XLC are probably the ones I miss the most. Although, I would like to mention that I miss Drachen Fire, even though I never rode it. I was a year to late. Seeing that thing sit dormant while visiting the park sucked, I wanted to ride it so terribly bad.

Ill stick to the topic and list the one's I actually liked that have retired or destroyed:

Chiller - only got to ride the Robin side, I am a bit unclear what the current status of this one is, maybe it has bobbed up in some eastern European outpost?

Thunderbolt (Dreamworld, Australia) - demolished in 2004, a not bad looper

Big Dipper (Luna Park Sydney) - the orginal woodie was good but sadly was destroyed by fire.

I think Whirlwind was a Vekoma, hence it not being that great.

Whirlwind had that AMAZING lift hill noise with the awesome "KERCHUNK!" at the end of it. Hopefully those kids in Costa Rica can appreciate the Kerchuck as Whirlwind does live on....

If I remember right, didn't the one at Särkänniemi make the EXACT same Kerchunk noise? It was awesome and easily the most memorable part of the ride.

--Robb

I will miss High Speed Thrill Coaster. It was the best Kiddie Coaster I have been on. IMO

Also the Blue Streak and Conneaut which is more taking a break than retired. It was a very insane ride especially in the back seat. I remember the late night ride when it would send sparks shooting.

I think Whirlwind was a Vekoma, hence it not being that great.

I love, love, love Arrow megaloopers and I can't believe Shockwave at SFGam was dismantled for a friggin' mediocre flyer like Superman.

Great American Scream Machine at SFGADV is one of my favorite coasters in the park. I rode S:UF once there, and I will probably not ride it again, it's a boring ride in my opinion. GASM also holds a place near my heart, as it was one of the first "huge" roller coasters I had ever seen. I still vividly remember driving up to the park and seeing the mammoth red machine off in the distance, back in the day when it used to dominate the skyline. Arrow all the way!