TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Millenium Force out of Operation?

DS read on another (less reliable) board that Millenium Force at Cedar Point has been closed. Anyone out there have any reliable ideas about how long it might stay closed? (DS -- age 10 -- has been having a cow since he read this information. We're going in two weeks, and he's convinced that his life will be worthless if it's true.)

Julie

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is indeed down.

Broke down shortly before I got there on Saturday, and stayed down all weekend.

Most of the rumours I've read mentioned are about something related to the lift having blown. Estimated downtime between 3 days and 3 weeks.

In other words, it's broken and no one know's when it will be back up.

^^If Steel Force is down, its not due to a "blown lift motor" as is the case with Millennium Force. Steel Force would be down (and I assume Mamba at WOF) because of the accident on Wild Thing at Valleyfair!. Since they're from the same manufacturer, and we don't quite know yet what caused the train's separation, they probably ceased all operations of those particular rides.

With CF buying Paramount, every Paramount park being in need of a hyper, CF adding hypers to every park immediately, and now with this accident, CF could very well get a nice discount off of some new Morgan hypers for their new parks!*

*I'm kidding about this!

They must of had some problems durring pre-season testing because on opening day it was broken for most of the time, then opened for like 2 hours right at sunset.

it was fine a week later, thursday may 11, as i rode it 3 times that day. i was there may 12 also but didnt ride it but it was working because my dad rode it friday. no break downs at all those two days.

I heard it was the cable. I don't know if it parted, or just didn't pass an inspection, but based on the low profile I'd guess it failed an inspection. (Nylon lines usually show signs of wear before parting. I'm a sailor, and work with large lines (Rope to ya landlubbers!) all the time.)

I heard it was the cable. I don't know if it parted, or just didn't pass an inspection, but based on the low profile I'd guess it failed an inspection. (Nylon lines usually show signs of wear before parting. I'm a sailor, and work with large lines (Rope to ya landlubbers!) all the time.)

MMMMMM...Mooring lines! Bits and Bights! Monkey Fists!!! Tasty!!! OOPS, sorry...got a little off-track there.

From OnPoint!:

"...we need to replace a part on Millennium Force. As soon as it arrives and is installed, the ride will re-open. We are expecting it to be up later in the week."