TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Thorpe Park's New "Inta-Entrance"

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder how many have asked "Have you ridden that woodie in Vegas?"

When i was in vegas in 2000 drunk (surpise there) me and my island friend from new zealand try to ride that woodie the security guard was not impressed, felt like a fool next morning when i realise it was fake.

I would be willing to bet all of my money that lots of GP patrons will remember this entrace as a real coaster and tell their friends about how fun it was to ride. They will probably say this: "Have you ridden that ride that's right at the entrance of the park? (referring to the entryway) You sit beneath the track and go over 200 feet in the air backwards through like 10 loops all inside a building! And part of it goes over the parking lot entrance!"

I used to think Opryland's skycoaster was one of Hangman's loops (when I was about 5)

What are the bets of a UK Tour Group Photo under this little archway?

Not possible? Hmmm. Or one of those shots, showing the bus going under & thru it, heh heh.

It's really a great idea, and I wish some parks had used the idea earlier, with other types of tracking, making them all rather uniquely arched parking lots, LOL!

( EDIT: For the ? )

Kinda disappointing when you realize it's JUST theming.

Of course, I believe the reverse is true, that several peeps on these boards would wish that

Manhattan Express in Vegas, was just themeing only, LOLOL!

Wow, that's a really cool entrance. It makes you wonder why CP didn't come up with the same idea, since they have three high-profile Intamins there.

Because CP is sort of a cheap park-outside of spending tons of money for one ride. I was shocked when they added that big "yard sign" a few years back near the causeway and Cleveland Road.

I have to say, that's a pretty neat entrance. Even if I wasn't a park nerd, I'd think it's pretty cool.