• Montu
    • Alpengeist
    • Great Bear
    • Top Gun (Carowinds)
    • Talon
    • Dueling Dragons (Fire or Ice)
    • Silver Bullet
    • Patriot

So the Q is, which Topgun is btr? I think Carowinds is much better.

Are you sure? PGA's helix is pretty awesome- if you sit on the left side as you go around the helix it's over water- it seems like you are only inches above it and if you reach out you could touch it, does Carowinds have anything like that on Top Gun?

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I choose Alpengeist. I love that coaster, its the tallest out of all the B&M inverteds, the sense of speed is fantastic. I love the layout: Immleman, Loop, Cobra-Roll, Heartline & a Corkie..it's so different from the other B&M inverteds (although most b&M inverteds except the B:TR clones have unique layouts.) The themeing is great, the scenery is awsome and its located at one of the most beautiful parks in the U.S. What more could ya want?

I love Alpengeist too.....but I am Very spoiled by how it ran its first year. I am making a video now for Alp and I have footage from 1997 and you can see how much faster it was. it is my #2 invert now, Funny how well they made that huge coaster fit in so well in that park you should have seen it under construction. I did not think they could get that area back to beautiful again but leave it to BGW.

JEFF

So the Q is, which Topgun is btr? I think Carowinds is much better.

Are you sure? PGA's helix is pretty awesome- if you sit on the left side as you go around the helix it's over water- it seems like you are only inches above it and if you reach out you could touch it, does Carowinds have anything like that on Top Gun?

Mehh PGa doesn't really do it for me. Plus, it doesn't have the batwing

I've ridden:

Montu

Great Bear

Alpengeist

Dueling Dragons...

of those 4 err 5, I pick....Alpengeist first. I only had the chance to ride it once, but IMO it was much more thrilling than my home Montu. Dueling Dragons is also very good, but each ride is IMO too short. So if we have to split it into Fire and Ice, I'd pick:

Alpengeist

DD Ice

DD Fire

Montu

Great Bear

Question was which B&M is your favourite.
^ You spelled favorite wrong

Hehe, nope, no wronk speeling with any favourites!

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?r=2&q=favourite

It should be a well known fact that any language both evolves and degenerates (e.g. in terms of omitting redundant characters) over some time, simply for convenience. So both spellings should be co'ect.

Greetings from the secret grammar police...

Its a toss up between Alpie and Raptor for me. Alpie is just beautifully placed and powerful all around -and if you take a ride at night on it, its power is amplified by a million. Raptor in my kind of ride - rampant , intense, twisted and completes with a solid ending.

honorable mention : Talon - just a great ride beggining to end. I LOVE that highly banked turn after the dip...such a good snap in it.

I have only been on 4 inverts: Talon, Batman, Silver Bullet, and Raptor. My favorite is SB, only because I love the Helix and the overbanke. I love Batman due to the G's! And I loved Raptor, and the Cobra roll...and Talon was so sweet. But I got to go with SB on this one.

/\ I agree about Great Bear... I love the helix and 1st drop and the inversons are sweet but it just kills me with the "Intermission" between EVERYTHING its like WOW...ok take a break.....WOW.....take a break...way too much flat track (I understand B&M had to work with what HP gave them) I just hate the "coffee breaks" between the elements.

JEFF