• Talon
    • Dueling Dragons (Fire or Ice)
    • Silver Bullet
    • Patriot

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In order - Raptor, Duelling Dragons, Deja Vu, Wicked Twister and then the Batmans, Silver Bullet - Vekoma hang and bangs: ouch.

I haven't been on Montu or Alpengeist, I think they would challenge for my top spot.

I am interested in these results

Why?

As I never almost never tire of futilely pointing out, this sort of "best" poll is utterly meaningless unless everyone who takes it has ridden all the listed rides, or unless, like Mitch Hawker's polls, there's some intelligent statistical modeling involved. Otherwise, it's just peeing in the wind...

I've been on Dueling Dragons, Montu, Raptor, Silver Bullet, and B:TR.

Of those I think Raptor is the best. The drop has hyper coaster quality air even though it's only 45 degrees and the pacing never lets up aside from the brief straight section after the first corkscrew. Every element packs a punch in one way or another and the whole ride just feels out of control but still remains fairly comfortable for its age.

Dueling Dragons Fire is my second favorite. A lot of the same sensations as Raptor, but since the layout is optimized for dueling it misses out on a few of the elements that would make it better individually. I'm not really a big Ice fan. It feels almost like a slightly more intense Silver Bullet.

I like Montu a lot too. No trims on my visit, so it ripped through all its elements and pulled strong g's pretty consistantly. The whole ride just seems a bit more controlled than Raptor and doesn't have that same reckless fun quality I like about it.

Why?

As I never almost never tire of futilely pointing out, this sort of "best" poll is utterly meaningless unless everyone who takes it has ridden all the listed rides, or unless, like Mitch Hawker's polls, there's some intelligent statistical modeling involved. Otherwise, it's just peeing in the wind...

Cool... then you can keep pointing that out and I can keep being Interested in the results.

I know what your saying but I like Polls about the hobby I love and hearing other people's opinion on Roller coasters. I never said this was the definitive once and for all BEST american inverted coaster poll. It is just fun to me.

Keep on peeing

JEFF

I love Raptor, it's just insane fun, the Batmans' just dont do it for me, they are way too small. Then again, we'll have to see if I change my mind after I ride Patriot...... I doubt I will, considering it only has for inversions.

(Did you all know that Patriot has under gone its first test run and will be giving 'special important' people rides soon! )

In order - Raptor, Duelling Dragons, Deja Vu, Wicked Twister and then the Batmans, Silver Bullet - Vekoma hang and bangs: ouch.

I haven't been on Montu or Alpengeist, I think they would challenge for my top spot.

I hate to be the jerk but...

Deja Vu = Vekoma

Wicked Twister = Intamin

Question was which B&M is your favourite.

<3