TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Bill's Souvenirs Shack

Thought I would get some of us out of the winter squalls happening over in NE parts of USA and over our Atlantic side of the country....

I have several things I accidently (really) have ended up collecting and holding onto for (a lot) several years now.

Since the mid-60s to late 90's, actually...

That said, here is a photo look at a little set of tickets that are often talked about, but rarely, if ever, seen.

A-E Tickets.

Original. Circa.1980 (last visit before the tix were dropped in '82)

I will show them again, more clearly, as what you are seeing now in the pix is daytime clear sky sunshine shadow during (ahem) "our winter" here in Vancouver.

I plan to scan the framed piece more clearly and will post again. In the meantime, make it a game to try and figure out what exactly (then) was considered a say, "C" Ticket Ride, hmmm?

You'd be surprised.

More to follow later. Enjoy peeps.

- Bill/NW

A-EticketsC.jpg.28b544cfdd84fd1f3874bffa99b70fa2.jpg

Behold!!! I give IT to you. Gaze upon it's power and glory-ous green! It gave a Disney ride *1st*PLACE*STATUS*, heh heh.

A-EticketsB.jpg.a07eb07159987b56286286eb87aa6823.jpg

The Middle 2 - C & D - Usually and somewhat argued as to which ride actually warranted, etc. And why.

A-EticketsA.jpg.cf2fbba82e3f6c77d03a6d6497a89b7c.jpg

Here's the basic A & B. They were always biggest, to be used sort-of first. Mainly transport tix. Like train?

A-Etickets.jpg.f765d3b93a2d889c07de53f6ed2aefeb.jpg

Been framed since three years ago. I (gasp) removed them from orig.books - no complete set, honest

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I collect sugar packets because I'm insane. I have one from T.G.I.Friday's on the Beach from Cedar Point, another from Cedar Point and one from Knott's Berry Farm. It's not a big collection yet, but it'll grow.

As will my insanity.

^ I have two "royal blue" & white sugar packets from Disneyland Paris sitting in front of me here at the pc, since I got them in '02 and '04, separately. Wierd, huh?

And one of the (gasp) cigarette lighters they also sell in the park(s).

Things you learn in TPR, hmmm?

Great on your sugar packets!!!

Cheap Thrills for all!

I have a few pins. Now that I have a few extra bucks from work, I am seeing if I will justify paying 150 bucks for the DL 50th "I was there" Pin....I was there. I just didn't get the pin!

In 50 years, I will still have the pin, and the cost will be forgotten, so I possibly will get one.

^ I immediately JUMPED onto that series, knowing it might be an interesting "novelty pin series" to collect, heh heh.

So - have got the entire 12 from last year. And am starting the new set they decided to go 'II' with, lol.

And I am collecting the Dave Smith 20 Moments in Disney Theme Park History pins series. Having lived thru pretty well all of everything that Disney Co. created and opened to the GP, it's a nice little "Time Line Series" in the pins' series that are coming out.

^ Yes, that's great!!!

I was hoping that there would be more stuff we like to keep around "for the memories," and possibly take pix of them so we can see what you have, too.

My original intent with this thread was more than just pin collecting, no offence to those who do, myself included, LOL.

But for instance, I have a 1962 map of Disneyalnd that was available on my 1963 visit there, as a ten year old! It's framed w/glass, upstairs, and I intend to take pix of it in it's various areas for Disney Histronics Geeks here. Some of what you see may surprise you, considering what The Future became, etc.

And on top of it, I have balanced the main collection of my Disney Poster Pins series, there. For Disneyland's 50th, y'know.

And I have maps to share, folders to scan of "Parks No More," that some of you might be intersted in seeing. And a few other interesting things TPR here might enjoy for "randomness' sake".

So yes, this thread is more than just pin collecting!

Hey you're young. Give yourself a chance. You got time, heh heh.

My stuff is all from the mid-70s, 80s, and early 90s, mostly. And some of it was collected and stored just by pack-ratting things. In one the original bags I bought souvenirs in, etc. And then kept stuff in a box stored, and available for browsing thru, when I felt the need for an "instant TR memory trip" LOL.

I used to keep everything from a fresh placemat (asked for of course), original mini menus from Disney restaurants (like DL Tahitian Terrace, and Blue Bayou) which I guess they don't give away any more?

I even have (gasp) matches that Disneyland had available for smokers, ones for each land, too! And WDW produced them too, as I have ones from EPCOT, still.

Anything's possible to collect, if the Disney name is on it - or a variation of it all. Like I call'em, Cheap Thrills available for all, heh heh.

My parents have a few things of disneyland ride tickets.

Thay are all still in the booklet and everything.

I have an entire drawer in my dresser full of park maps, tickets, parking passes and whatnot. maybe ill spead them out on the floor and take a picture

When my parents moved out of the old ancestral manse last year, they gave me a box full of old Disneyland books they had collected over the years. Here are the two most interesting items.

1108299611_DLAddBKSubs.JPG.2d418bcdf4883ea131303438a74a1507.JPG

Soon, the subs will return.

1044203557_DLAddBKDLHotel.JPG.8b018eb0d94167670462d2058100316e.JPG

Dig that crazy poster for the hotel, cats! Back when it looked like the sort of joint frequented by Frankie and the Rat Pack.

1391873844_DLAddBkCover.JPG.f4cd596fc2f121f5106f9f208f30cf91.JPG

Here's a rather cool address book my folks never got around to using. I love their use of those retro-Disneyland posters as illustrations. Ah, the Skyway . . .

709575097_FlowersBack.JPG.5fd44c47ea720a2592b9f6abbe44ba43.JPG

And here's the back cover.

501403386_FlowersFront.JPG.f257c8fb31cec78395d09eaf508f30b1.JPG

Disneyland: World of Flowers was published in 1965. This book is pretty beat up, but it's full of great old pictures of what the park was like when Walt was still alive.

^^ dougr - I have two filled passports, and a third one about half-filled with all the pavillion/attraction stamps and "special day" stamps that occured from week to week at dear old EXPO 86 (I also miss that Scream Machine coaster - still have Nalley potatoe chip coupons for free rides on it!)

I also have a placemat from that Fantasyland Pirate Ships' "Chicken of The Sea Tuna" snack bar. Right beside Skull Rock, too. Good times at 10 years old, heh heh.

^ Those books and attraction sheets look nice and unique, Chuck. I have a few old original Disneyland Hotel flyers, that I kept up collecting, when I snail mailed away for new park information, etc. They'd always include a flyer for the Hotel... early days of PR, lol.

So many things collected!

Great, guys.

I went to the 50th with my aunt, who didn't feel like riding the bigger rides. But, I used her ticket for a FastPass anyway--so I have about 7 Fastpasses labeled "Sunday, July 17th, 2005".

I compiled those with the complementary 50th map, complementary 50th mousears, the tickets we used that day--and of course, the Los Angeles Times from that Sunday, which had an article on the park's 50th.

Now I just need that damn "I was there" pin.

So yea--I'm collecting that stuff. It isn't that old yet, but I'm hoping that it will last another 50 years.

I've got quite a few things from when I worked for Disney that I love, and would never part with! And of course I collect random Opryland stuff.

oprylandcollection.jpg.867102b58c98f1185f8f9ce1557379a8.jpg

And here is a sampling of my Opryland collection. I have tons more where this came from.

acletters.jpg.0cb16af549c0d7e1346293ac94947251.jpg

Another really random thing I collect are these letters from the Adventurer's Club. Sometimes the butler will come out and hand deliver one, and other times you can find them hidden in the furniture and displays inside the club.

horizons.jpg.b76e5ea3a84895b9095d96417ad020e6.jpg

Here, I have a piece of the Horizons building, and a baggie full of the Horizons insulation.

bodywars.jpg.af8f4990df5390920b8721eb37c8b9e2.jpg

The last piece of film I have is from one of the projectors in Body Wars. This is near the end when the doctors are being beamed out of the body.

spacecolony.jpg.de3f0e82a7ad65f35a1f7e9b1f8ad40a.jpg

And this is from a projector in the space scene of a roating space colony. The audio in the ride is talking about how wonderful it would be to live in these space colonies.

woman.jpg.5f3fbe83b4f83c8f5f40ec2d6054bd3a.jpg

This is from a projector in the Future from the 50s scene, and is a woman attached to electrodes and stuff.

divers.jpg.d073c5bbb877946e6a19934dcdfb4d6c.jpg

The first thing I have is some film from Horizons. This piece of from a projector in the underwater segment, and is of two divers swimming to their home.

Now that I have a few extra bucks from work

Wait a minute...they pay people at SFMM?!?!?

As for me...

http://www.themeparkreview.com/wcs03/solace10.jpg

Lets see, what else?

S:TE guide wheel

B:TR and RRv concept art posters

Broken Freefall sign

Jet Stream flutter valve

USH tram tour, collapsing bridge, and soon to add a HHN poster to that

Some Bolts from Tidal Wave/Greased Lightning @ PGA

SFMM employee belt from the 70's

And some other random crap!

Eunuch, I worked at Wonders of Life, so as they tore the building down, insulation would blow everywhere. The chunk of the building I got when they had just started tearing it down and had not fenced off the area yet. The film, I got from the projectionist that worked at Energy, Wonders of Life and Horizons.

-Julie