TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walt Disney World Disney's Animal Kingdom Discussion Thread

While I'm no longer a passholder (its just way too much money, I'd rather have a 10 day parkhopper with no expiration, thank you) at least this is good news for the people planning on going in March. I'm still probably going to wait until I have total confirmation that it is opened during my planned trip before I, um, plan my trip. I may just have to plan on going in early April once we know for certain that is is scheduled to open that first weekend. Then again, maybe I'll wait until May, who knows!

I really have no desire to ride this one. It seems like the Matterhorn and the Train ride as on. blah.

Does every new Disney mountain that's built seem like the Matterhorn to you? The two rides have nothing in common besides being mountains and having yetis, who won't even look alike.

Every new mountain?--isn't there just one being built. I meant as a combination of the Matterhorn theme and the train ride's mechanics.

My question is (besides why are you arguing with someone who thinks a 27 mph steel "bobsled" style coaster built in the 60's is the same as a 50 mph coaster built in 2005? :? ) -- DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY RECENT PICS OF THE MOST INCREDIBLE RIDE DISNEY WILL HAVE EVER CREATED FOR MY WALLPAPER THAT DOESN'T INCLUDE SCAFFOLDING???

Gregg "I can't believe you're giving Miss Down-in-the-Mouth the time of day!!!" Letts 8) :shock:

Hey guys it's TonyaGaddy's opinion on it! If she doesn't think its gona be a good ride then let her think that. It's her loss! I personally would give it a try before I badmouth any new ride but thats just me!

Hey TonyaGaddy, why dont you ride it first then let us know what you think of it ok.

Who knows you may end up liking it a lot!!!!

I just got a seasonal pass a few weeks ago. Do you think its for Annual and Seasonal passholders?

Seasonal is the same as AP pass holders...they just have a few weeks (and two months) that are blocked out during the extreme crowd times. You can preview Everest with the seasonal pass as well. Leanne and I have the seasonal AP passes as well.

Yah the train is a regular vekoma train that goes up the lift, then scoots down and right, heads up a track then behind you the track rotates and switches out. you ride backwards for a bit, up to 40 mph and then back up another ramp, the track spins/rotates out in front of you, then you head down the big drop.

I can't wait for an onride video.

oohhhhhh - moving - on - track - oooooohhhhhhh

(drool)

I cannot wait to see the first POV posted of this puppy. And also, like I suggested before, I betcha that the last row seats, up against the 'donkey engine' will furnish a great eye-opening view of the 'tour' as well.

Thanks muchly, Jose. I couldn't get any of your vids to work, so thanks again for these grabs from the screen.