TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Knoebels Discussion Thread

Why are they still bothering with the Power Surge? I don't think many guests would even notice if it was removed completely. And down the road they could replace it with an air race or another inverting flat.

What are you on about? Power Surge has consistently been one of the most popular flat rides in the park.

Our favorites are the Pierogies but (and this is important, lol), you have to get them from the window near Oasis (sort of near Power surge). It's around the side of the "Famous French Fries" place. There are other Pierogies all over the place but you want those Pierogies.

Ceasari's Pizza is awesome too, and you can't go wrong with an ice cream waffle sandwich.

Well no matter where you eat it will be fantastic. My favorite meal has to be the enchilada platter at the international food court near black diamond. You get a giant enchilada, beans, Mexican rice and a piece of corn bread for 7 bucks I believe. It is more food than should be consumed in one sitting but I always clean the plate! The Traveling taco is great snack, which is located where they have the magic show, kind of near the carousel.Chipped beef on toast is amazing if you get there for breakfast at the international food court, they serve breakfast between 8-2.

Now for dessert , the waffle ice cream sandwich is great, located near the old mill ice cream stand, also the chocolate covered cheese cake is tasty which is near the pirate ship. And no trip to Knobels is complete until you get either a frozen apple cider or frozen iced tea. Just look for the stand shaped like a giant Apple near the bumper cars. Oh I almost forgot the funnel cake is also amazing. If your looking for something I have only seen at Knobels a whirrzle is delicious, it is similar to a milk shake but made with fudge and ice I believe, it is located at the fudge and nut shop near the flyers. There is just to much good food there, these suggestions are only the tip of the ice berg. Other than opening day this year I have never been disappointed with Knobels food. It is the only place where I have to say " I have to stop eating so I can ride the rides"not the other way around.

Every time somebody asks this question I get to hear about at least three new foods at Knoebels I haven't tried, it's amazing how many there are! For snacks I'll also thumbs up the Travelin' Taco, and suggest the fried cheese on a stick (I got mine at Totem Treats near the amphitheater).

I tried the Pierogies a couple weeks ago and wasn't too impressed.

The Piergies are weird at Knoebels because they're totally different at the place by the Alamo than they are everywhere else. Is that where you got them or did you get them from one of the other stands around the park? If it's one of the other stands I agree with you... those are good, but not great.

The stand by the rotating roofs and other stands selling the pirogies like it are "walking pirogies". As in, grab a few and walk around and eat them. The Stand by the Alamo are waay better and are the "sitting" type. Meaning the best way to enjoy their wonderful goodness is to sit down for a few minutes to enjoy. They are just way to messy to try and walk and eat like I tried to do at first. It actually was quite comical trying to nab those little goodies on a fork in all their messy,buttery, onion-y goodness while walking.

Cessari's Pizza is definitely a great place to eat. I'd also recommend the Oasis which offers different things during the days like spaghetti or roast chicken. The Kettle Corn is also great as is the Fudge in the Stony Gables shop.

I am heading to Knoebels this summer and really looking forward to it, but i'm a bit concerned we won't have enough time there really. We are driving to the park from Cedar Point and going that same day, this is the only time we have to go as we are at Hersheypark the next day. Has anyone on here done that drive? If so is it a pretty straightforward journey that will allow us a decent amount of time to see what Knoebels is all about if we set off fairly early in the day? Thanks a lot.

I am heading to Knoebels this summer and really looking forward to it, but i'm a bit concerned we won't have enough time there really. We are driving to the park from Cedar Point and going that same day, this is the only time we have to go as we are at Hersheypark the next day. Has anyone on here done that drive? If so is it a pretty straightforward journey that will allow us a decent amount of time to see what Knoebels is all about if we set off fairly early in the day? Thanks a lot.

It's a 6-hour drive. Likely more, since you'll be on most of Interstate 80 through Pennsylvania. It's rather notorious for lots of construction and less-than-stellar road conditions. You'll have to leave really early to get to Knoebels even by the early afternoon. It seems to me like you've fallen for the trap of underestimating the size of the United States. It's big.

It's a 6-hour drive. Likely more, since you'll be on most of Interstate 80 through Pennsylvania. It's rather notorious for lots of construction and less-than-stellar road conditions. You'll have to leave really early to get to Knoebels even by the early afternoon. It seems to me like you've fallen for the trap of underestimating the size of the United States. It's big.

Actually, Interstate 80 east of the Bellefonte / State College area (Exit 161) has been pretty quiet lately. Plus, it's now one of the very few zones in Pennsylvania that has a 70 MPH speed limit instead of 65.

I am aware that the US is big.. Originally this day was just going to be allocated to driving from Cedar Point to Hersheypark. Knoebels was a late addition to the plan so that's why it will be a bit rushed there.

I do that drive every year in August, but do it from Knoebels to Cedar Point. I spend my first half of vacation camping at Knoebels and leave Sunday morning around 9am and end up in Sandusky, check in to the campground and go to the park by 4. So if you leave by 9 am that should give you a good 6 to 7 hours in the park. I think that is plenty of time considering that even a busy August Saturday the line are 15-20 maybe 30 mins tops (not including Flying Turns).

If you're able to leave somewhat early I really don't think you'll have an issue. You might miss out on some of the food and some time to explore, but in my experience to hit the rides you're most interested in (including a few Phoenix rerides) should only take three hours or so, unless the park is swamped or Flying Turns has a huge line. If you leave CP by 9 or 10 I don't think you have anything to worry about.