TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

My angry letter to Universal Orlando

Here's my revised letter, for anyone who wants to read it. If you know me, then you know I don't write letters or complain like this unless I get really cheesed off. I work in customer service and I've heard alll sorts of things. People want new computers because they caught a virus and they never updated their anti-virus software! I'm usually looking out to make compliments to park employees, not to find faults.

I ussed Guy's suggestion word for word. I owe him $1.95 when I meet him next.

I know I should have gotten a name. Now can we get past that please?

Dear Guest Services:

I am writing to you today to express my displeasure at a Team Member who works the Men in Black: Alien Attack attraction.

I visited Universal Orlando on December 29, 2005 as a solo traveler. At around 8:30 am, I decided to ride the Men in Black: Alien Attack attraction. Although the posted wait was 5 minutes, I decided to use the single riders line as I always do. The Team Members directed me to the next available ride vehicle. I happened to be the only person in that vehicle. As I was boarding the vehicle, I heard a Team Member say to me, “So you’re alone? That’s kind of sad and pathetic!” I wasn’t able to see his name tag, but I recall he had a deep voice and I believe he wore glasses.

I found his statement to be rude and very insulting. Many of my friends love the Men in Black ride and regularly utilize the single riders line. Because they will become solo riders, are they sad and pathetic also? Additionally, I could have rode alone because my family and friends did not want to ride or they wanted to experience another attraction. I wanted to ride the attraction again, but because of the Team Member’s insulting comments, I felt humiliated and lost my desire to experience the ride again.

I found the Team Member’s statement very odd, since the majority of Universal Orlando Team Members have been nothing sort of courteous and respectful. Before I rode Men in Black: Alien Attack, I experienced Jaws. I was the only one in the boat and the skipper Javier welcome me enthusiastically about the ride. After my Men in Black ride, I went on Back to the Future: The Ride. The Team Members at that ride were friendly and welcomed me to the attraction.

Previously I have grown accustomed to such great service and superior ride operations that this remark entirely caught me off-guard. I am sure that these policies are frowned upon and a proper course of action will be taken to remedy the matter.

Sincerely,

Barry Hom

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^A little better. At least now it doesn't seem like you expect a parade in your honor on your next trip.

The "mean person" op will probably be scolded, and then on your next visit, he'll say to you "if I could turn back time, if I could find a way, I'd take back those words that hurt you, and you'd stay."

And in the future, all minimum wage earning kids will be forced to be extremely happy, figuring out how they cannot possibly offend anyone to receive there $5.15 an hour to put up with tourists, or just act like mindless drones ala Six Flags. Or the kid will be found and relocated to another attraction, like the Grinch. Heck, if the kid comes on here, maybe he'll be able to get a job with Absolutely Reliable, he may have potential!

Dear Guest Services:

I am writing to you today to express my displeasure at a Team Member who works the Men in Black: Alien Attack attraction.

I visited Universal Orlando on December 29, 2005 as a solo traveler. At around 8:30 am, I decided to ride the Men in Black: Alien Attack attraction. Although the posted wait was 5 minutes, I decided to use the single riders line as I always do. The Team Members directed me to the next available ride vehicle. I happened to be the only person in that vehicle. As I was boarding the vehicle, I heard a Team Member say to me, “So you’re alone? That’s kind of sad and pathetic!” I wasn’t able to see his name tag, but I recall he had a deep voice and I believe he wore glasses.

The team member then boarded my craft and asked if he could ride with me. I was a little apprehensive at first, but I obliged.

As the ride started, the team member told me his name was Reginald and that from the moment he saw me in the single riders' line, he instantly wanted me. Suddenly, he kissed me on the mouth, and for a moment I hesitated, but his lips were soft and sweet. I gave into my carnal passion.

Reginald and I proceeded to make hot, dirty love as the ride progressed. He would stare deep into my eyes and smile as he passionately filled me with his love.

He finished, and the ride was soon over. Reginald said he would call me. It's now been a week, and I still have not received a phone call. I find this rude.

Sincerely,

Barry Hom

PS: My score was 571,000.

Dear Guest Services:

The team member then boarded my craft and asked if he could ride with me. I was a little apprehensive at first, but I obliged.

As the ride started, the team member told me his name was Reginald and that from the moment he saw me in the single riders' line, he instantly wanted me. Suddenly, he kissed me on the mouth, and for a moment I hesitated, but his lips were soft and sweet. I gave into my carnal passion.

Reginald and I proceeded to make hot, dirty love as the ride progressed. He would stare deep into my eyes and smile as he passionately filled me with his love.

He finished, and the ride was soon over. Reginald said he would call me. It's now been a week, and I still have not received a phone call. I find this rude.

Sincerely,

Barry Hom

LOL LOL LOL LOL

Sending that one would probably have a better chance of getting a reply before the other!

Dear Guest Services:

Sincerely,

Barry Hom

GOD!??! DUDE! lay off the pot, seriously, stop trying to hurt yourself....

All said comments toward Wes above are jokeful and healthly!

But seriously, the was the most F**Ked up thing i've read from you.!

Dear Robb and Elissa,

I am writing to you today to express my displeasure to Wes41190.

In a post dated January 3, 2006, Wes90210 wrote a hurtful and humilating parody letter of my complaint letter to Universal Orlando. I cried and hugged my Winnie the Pooh stuffed animal for comfort. How can you make such people moderators? SharkTums has had nothing but good things to say about me.

I do wish Wes8675349 would give me a kiss and make passionate love to me, though.

Sincerely,

Barry Whiner

Heehee...just kidding!

The "mean person" op will probably be scolded, and then on your next visit, he'll say to you "if I could turn back time, if I could find a way, I'd take back those words that hurt you, and you'd stay."

Something funny that wasn't written by a Jew? What is this world coming to? Freaking Derek.

I definitely would have done something about it right after it happened. Even if it means chasing down the employee and literally dragging him to his supervisor
I totally agree with this guy. i am often a single rider, and we deserve our respect.

anyone who disagrees with me and this guy and the guy that was insulted and anyone else who agrees with me is sad and pathetic.

Dear Robb and Elissa,

I am writing to you today to express my displeasure to Wes41190.

In a post dated January 3, 2006, Wes90210 wrote a hurtful and humilating parody letter of my complaint letter to Universal Orlando. I cried and hugged my Winnie the Pooh stuffed animal for comfort. How can you make such people moderators? SharkTums has had nothing but good things to say about me.

I do wish Wes8675349 would give me a kiss and make passionate love to me, though.

Sincerely,

Barry Whiner

Heehee...just kidding!

lol for the last part. I agree with the rest of it too.

Dear Guest Services:

.....The team member then boarded my craft and asked if he could ride with me. I was a little apprehensive at first, but I obliged.

Sincerely,

Barry Hom

That was TOO funny! I needed that good laugh this morning. it woiuld've been cool had U mentioned something on the ride, such as "as we approached the six gunend Alien". Funny s**t!!!

I don't think that fight would last too long. In fact, I don't think any fight involving Wes would last too long.

This is very true. I would get short of breath and winded after throwing a few punches, and Barry could probably pinch me and I'd break in half.

wes (i'm a lover not a fighter)

I don't think that fight would last too long. In fact, I don't think any fight involving Wes would last too long.

This is very true. I would get short of breath and winded after throwing a few punches, and Barry could probably pinch me and I'd break in half.

wes (i'm a lover not a fighter)

Oh Wes. If you would get winded after throwing a few punches. You'd probably be hittin' tha inhaler 1 minute into forplay.

Guy "I just found the lover not a fighter quote kinda funny under the circumstances." Koepp