TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

PortAventura Discussion Thread

^I'm not sure if it would be possible to have the drop tower follow the coaster as they reach different heights which would make things quite tricky.

Still, the idea of a space shot is interesting even though, if I'm not mistaken, intamin hasn't made many at all.

^Don't forget that 300 feet means nothing for most of us in Europe, you probably know that (given that you also live here). The 100 metres mark (328 feet) is something more significant, I would guess.

Good point! I thought of it for marketing the name "giga" coaster though.

Still, the idea of a space shot is interesting even though, if I'm not mistaken, intamin hasn't made many at all.

They have, Mystery Castle, Phantasialand is better than any S&S tower I've been on There's one at Lotte World as well, but that's a really small one.

• 2 weeks later...

Personally, I count 8 (but this is including the triangle one at the top). I'm more intrigued by where PA-Community got the 118 meter figure from in the description of the video, like is that actually going to be the height or was that just the height the creator of the recreation decided to put it at.

How often does the entire support style of a ride change from the first animation to the final edition?

The only two rides I can think of that have had this happen to are Goliath at SFGAm and SkyRush. Aside from those two, I can't think of any others, but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Obviously, there remains a chance that it could be totally different, as it isn't the final render. But I would be comfortable thinking that a ride of this style will have a tower styled support, and that the quantity of these horizontal beams will stay the same, but the spacing could change.

That being said, if everything is exactly as it looks, it seems as of this ride will be in the 350-400 foot range, to me, which would put it at the tallest coaster in Europe, and presumably the fastest. And if I'm not mistaken, they released that this coaster will hold those two continental records.