TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

PortAventura Discussion Thread

The only option that could help is buying new trains for it, and that will cost a lot of dough. Even if that is done it's still probably not going to age well. The basic design of the train is simply flawed, the ride have to much speed for too weak trains.

^Well, we know those bi rail track pieces on the break run certainly have defaults. Whether that'll actually make an impact or not is questionable.

These would be the first flawed track segments to roll out of Stakotra Manufacturing S.r.O., and they've built all Intamin Coaster track in this Century, not to mention all of the work for Gerstlauer, ZIERER, Maurer Söhne, Doppelmayr, etc. Stakotra also bought all of the HUSS assets, and founded HUSS Park Attractions and build all Trains for Intamin as well.

The only option that could help is buying new trains for it, and that will cost a lot of dough. Even if that is done it's still probably not going to age well. The basic design of the train is simply flawed, the ride have to much speed for too weak trains.

There were Brown Wing Rider Train Chassis/Frames undergoing NDT Testing earlier this year, so who knows what could be in the future, considering at least 2 Chassis/Frames were sent back to the Manufacturer.

Edited by linearinduction

There were Brown Wing Rider Train Chassis/Frames undergoing NDT Testing earlier this year, so who knows what could be in the future, considering at least one Train was sent back to the Manufacturer.

Are you talking about Furius Baco? Where did you get that information?

There were Brown Wing Rider Train Chassis/Frames undergoing NDT Testing earlier this year, so who knows what could be in the future, considering at least one Train was sent back to the Manufacturer.

Are you talking about Furius Baco? Where did you get that information?

Yes, there were at least two Chassis/Frames from Furious Baco (they had the blue sticker thing on the posts), that appear to me to be brown in color, that had and/or were undergoing NDT Testing, specifically the Weldments where the Seat Posts meet the Chassis/Frame. I also edited my original post to indicate that there was only concrete proof of two Chassis/Frames.

Also I thought the chassis on FB was grey, not brown?

It may just be the lighting, but they appeared to be brown.

I'm very excited to see how the trains for this one turn's out. Intamin did an absolutely fantastic job for the ride in UAE, hopefully we will see something similar here!

DSC04475.thumb.jpg.fa2441b6b2c38bf5a778b57ae321fabc.jpg

These would be the first flawed track segments to roll out of Stakotra Manufacturing S.r.O., and they've built all Intamin Coaster track in this Century, not to mention all of the work for Gerstlauer, ZIERER, Maurer Söhne, Doppelmayr, etc. Stakotra also bought all of the HUSS assets, and founded HUSS Park Attractions and build all Trains for Intamin as well.

This.

Intamin may have a few hiccups in their history but second class track work is not one of them. Whatever have happened to those pieces I'm guessing it happened either during the transport or at the build site. I seriously doubt they went through the quality control at Stakotra like that.

In this picture you can see how small the train looks in comparison of the structure. Believe me the tower is much taller than seems on the images!

Regarding the Furius Baco chasis color, they are black, even in the pictures can be seen as grey. By the way NTD test are usually done by the own park, so it is hard for me to believe they sent the chasis to the manufacturer to do that.

I feel almost guilty as I think I was the first person who noticed the wiggly track and never intended it to become such a 'thing'. I remember at the time asking whether it was the angle of the photo that exaggerated the bumps. Honestly it's never really worried me too much, I mean the track will be checked and double checked at the site... not by someone like me drawing a line in Microsoft Paint and with little or no knowledge of these things, but by clever people who commission rides all the time.

In this picture you can see how small the train looks in comparison of the structure. Believe me the tower is much taller than seems on the images!

Whoa!! That picture really puts into perspective how big the tower really is!!! I didn't even notice the train at first, because the train looks so small!

Regarding the Furius Baco chasis color, they are black, even in the pictures can be seen as grey. By the way NTD test are usually done by the own park, so it is hard for me to believe they sent the chasis to the manufacturer to do that.

Yes, I'm aware that most parks do their own NDT Testing, like Lagoon. Some parks send their PTC cars back to PTC to be torn down, tested, and put back together. Perhaps because of all the Vibrations people seem complain about on Furious Baco, they send them back to Stakotra to be checked periodically or annually. Only someone with intimate knowledge of Furious Baco can verify from that side. We could even speculate that perhaps the park discovered defects and sent them back.

Could it be low foundation quality?

Or they hadn't Torque Checked and tightened all the Bolts.

I feel almost guilty as I think I was the first person who noticed the wiggly track and never intended it to become such a 'thing'. I remember at the time asking whether it was the angle of the photo that exaggerated the bumps. Honestly it's never really worried me too much, I mean the track will be checked and double checked at the site... not by someone like me drawing a line in Microsoft Paint and with little or no knowledge of these things, but by clever people who commission rides all the time.

Why would you feel guilty? You are the Center of Attention for bringing this to light and making it a fun thread to read! Guilty? You stand up and take a bow Karla!

Hi there WeldingEngineer! Can you give us a quick introduction about who you are and what is your work regarding this project, please? This sounds really interesting, I think we're all glad to count you on these boards!

And thanks for the pictures, my oh my this should have a NFSW tag! Naked trains sexyness!

Hi there WeldingEngineer! Can you give us a quick introduction about who you are and what is your work regarding this project, please? This sounds really interesting, I think we're all glad to count you on these boards!

!

Yes, these inside pictures are nice. Do you know if the trains are going to be special or have anything like a lighting package?