TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

PortAventura Discussion Thread

I haven't ever had to catch the train to PA since I usually fly straight into Reus, but I believe they have round trips to PortAventura advertised all around the station, so I'd assume they do have a combo ticket of sorts.

As for how busy, it should be fine. Last week was Semana Santa and it wasn't busy at all, the longest the queues got was foran hour for Shambhala, but even then, it fluctuated a lot during the day. I'd expect this week to be even quieter since, as you mentioned, schools have started back up. Baco is the only coaster open at the start of the day, DK opens at 10:30, Shambhala at 11:00, Stampida and Hurakan Condor at 11:30 and El Diablo at 12:00.

-----

I just spent the last week at PA, and Baco gave me probably some of my most memorable coaster experiences. I experienced 2 "false launches", since the launch sequence went out of sync with the pre show videos, making it launch a good bit sooner than it should have, and I got to experience a bird strike on the ride (almost straight to the face).

Happens at 0:23 in the video.

There were 2 birds sitting on the coaster track above the launch. They both got scared off as the train came up, one flew away while the other bumped the knee of a person in the front row (luckily not hurting other than giving them a slight bruise) knocking it over my head. As I ducked down it's wing grazed along my hair.

^Haha! That's cool. I noticed that last season the launches were getting out of sync with the pre-show but the other way round: it was launching too late so I guess they've fixed that.

Also, why do they do this of not opening the coasters on time? It's very annoying.

Thanks everyone for the tips. We had a great day at the park today. We got the train with no problems either, pretty good deal train and park ticket for 45 euros considering a ticket at the gate is 45 euros on its own.

The park was pretty dead today, although none of the coasters were walk ons due to 1 train operation. Only Furious Baco went up to two trains in the afternoon.

Furious Baco - Fantastic ride, easily our favourite in the park. Extremely forceful launch and a very intense ride. Also in a beautiful setting over a lake near the park entrance. 9/10

Shambhala - Meh, great first drop and a good looking ride, but pretty average after that. 6/10

Dragon Khan - Great classic B&M coaster. It was an really smooth and intense ride that I slightly preferred to Kumba at Busch Gardens. Always like it when B&Ms have a second loop aswell. 8/10

Stampida - This was brutal. 2/10

All in all a great day at an excellent park. Easily the best park I've been to in Europe.

Glad you had had fun, it's such a fantastic park. It's so funny how people's opinions differ because I hate Furios Baco (I find the jerky vibration unbearable, but maybe it is OK at the moment), love Shambhala and don't find Stampida too bad. I guess that's why I find the arguments in the Carowinds thread about Fury so silly because different people have different tastes, tolerances to roughness, sit in different seats, ride at different times etc etc

It's good to know about the train too. I normally fly to Reus but I will be living in Barca for a few weeks this summer so will no doubt make it down to Port Aventura to give a few rides a spin

^I personally really like FB too even though it is pretty rough (and very short) and while I probably like shambhala more than you did I agree that after the awesome first drop it's nothing amazing. Dragon khan is definitely my favourite.

• 2 weeks later...

New coaster for 2016 will break world record!

The new Intamin Accelerator Rollercoaster for Ferrariland in the Port Aventura Reosrt will break the world record of 'highest steel rollercoaster of the world'! It will be 140m (459ft), 1m (3ft) higher than Kingda Ka, the actual world record holder.

A lot of awesome new things for Europe in 2016

Source:

That's amazing, the world needs more strata coasters. If this has lapbars it'll be the best by far!

It also needs to be smooth. Kingda Ka had a quite a bit of a rattle towards the back of the train. It's still an amazing ride, but all of the other accelerator coasters I've been on have been glass smooth.

The new Intamin Accelerator Rollercoaster for Ferrariland in the Port Aventura Reosrt will break the world record of 'highest steel rollercoaster of the world'! It will be 140m (459ft), 1m (3ft) higher than Kingda Ka, the actual world record holder.

Source:

So it will have the biggest drop on any coaster in the world?

That's awesome! We already knew it was going to be tall but this is great! I remember thinking we would never see something like kingda ka or TTD in Europe but we will. Awesome addition to an already pretty good ride collection. Definitely going there next year!

Source:

Sorry, but this was a joke. It doesn't came from any official source. Just don't believe it. All the real and true information about the proyect is going to be said the 7 of May, with the beguinning of the constructon.

Well, KK had a good run.

I've always wanted to visit Spain, guess this will just have to be what tips me into finally going

Only thing is, KK is pretty rough outside the front car, and even there the OTSRs are not exactly fun. As echoed above, this has to be smooth, but if it is AND if by some chance it has lap bars, it will be amazing

Good point about lots of great coasters coming to Europe! I always felt lucky, and bad for my friends in Canada and Europe, that had to come all the way here, and would never get top tier coasters but this has surely been changing recently

Source:

This screenshot was posted on pktk a few days a go by an anonymous newly registered user, there isn't a source. It was posted on PA-Community (the site this facebook page got the article from) in an attempt to see if anyone knew where this article came from. If you try to Google the headline, nothing shows up (aside for these new articles showing up that are all sourcing this supposedly fake one). By the looks of things, this screenshot is fake.

The true stats for the coaster will be posted on 7th of May.

Source:

This screenshot was posted on pktk a few days a go by an anonymous newly registered user, there isn't a source. It was posted on PA-Community (the site this facebook page got the article from) in an attempt to see if anyone knew where this article came from. If you try to Google the headline, nothing shows up (aside for these new articles showing up that are all sourcing this supposedly fake one). By the looks of things, this screenshot is fake.

The true stats for the coaster will be posted on 7th of May.

Aaauw . Let's hope it will remain the same...

A red tent has been raised up in the new Ferrariland area, where the project will be offically announced to the press on Thursday. Also seems like 3 new coasters from FerrariWorld Abu Dhabi will be announced the same day!