TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

PortAventura Discussion Thread

The netting is attached to the track because Shambarthur is constructed directly over Dragon Khan. If something comes out of a guest's hands and falls out of the train, it will land in the net as opposed to falling onto Dragon Khan's track.

As for the camera - I know we've seen rider cams being built into trains before (Rip Ride Rockit, Blue Fire, etc), but is that a forward-facing camera on the front as well?

Looking at those pictures and videos I can't spot the scoops. I am pretty sure Shambhala will feature a natural splash but I find it weird not to see them installed yet.

Did Diamondback test without scoops first only to add them later? I mean, they could still test the ride without splash by not filling the pool...

^I believe it started testing without the scoops. Not one hundred percent sure though.

This ride should offer a great deal of floater air. One of my favorite parts of Diamondback is the prolonged floater air over the second hill and this will just have an even bigger example of that which is great. That speed hill looks nice too.

Is this the first coaster in the world to have a POV ridercam in the train?

No, it is available on other coasters.

which others? (POV ridercam, I mean the cam in the front row wich is looking at the TRACK)

Is this the first coaster in the world to have a POV ridercam in the train?

No, it is available on other coasters.

which others? (POV ridercam, I mean the cam in the front row wich is looking at the TRACK)

Robb does it all the time.

Edited by larrygator

^I understand the difference, but why is this even important?

Does this mean PA will sell a DVD with a split screen view of the riders reaction along with a POV of their the ride at the same time. I just don't see it creating bigger interest in purchasing a DVD and think it will cause more people to attempt to film their own POVs.

Today Shambhala has been testing quite a few times and, finally, it's running noticeably faster!

I love how it flies over the hills after the splash! Can't wait for multiple-train testing!

By the way, in a recent interview with Luis Valencia (PA's Director of Rides), he confirmed that the first hill is 200 feet tall (60 meters). He also mentioned that the expected hourly capacity will be 1,600 pph.

Source: PA-Community.com

What I notice is that it will now be very possible to take pictures of my baby (Dragon Khan) from new angles. I had always found it a bit sad that you couldn't walk under Khan's track like say you can under Goudurix magnificient course (although abominable while riding). Something that would have been great too, would be a tunnel before the second vertical loop (the one that's not on Kumba). I also hope some vegetation comes back in Khan's perimeter. Any new (faster) tests have been done ?

Shambhala is in google maps aerial view layer!! Some pics:

Original source: http://www.pa-community.com/p/port-aventura/atraccion-2012/fotos

That might be the sweetest angle of the amphrisand to date. Looking at it, it's so obvious that I don't know why it's taken this long to materialize in one of their designs. It's an exaggerated, modernized take on Magnum's turnaround.

Looking at it, it's so obvious that I don't know why it's taken this long to materialize in one of their designs. It's an exaggerated, modernized take on Magnum's turnaround.

^Yeah. I just drew it out on paper to wrap my own head around it. Very similar except when entering into the element it turns towards the other side of the element instead of veering off to it's own side to make the turn around. It turns towards the center to wrap around itself instead of going to the outside to keep the two turns separate.

Completely pointless I know, just found it interesting, haha!