TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

3 hours ago, thisdougsforu said:

SFSL posted a big pass sale with a pic of the Boss and saying they are making a BIG announcement next week for 2024. 

One would think if it was indeed an RMC announcement for 2024, they'd probably announce closure of the Boss first or the Boss would already be closed? Not sure how that works exactly. 

Seeing the comments on their social media and how folks are taking it to mean it is an RMC Boss announcement, it's going to be funny if it's a flat or something like new Boss trains. 

I sincerely doubt it would be RMC Boss.

But Hersheypark closed Wildcat at the very end of July and that was a pretty extensive mod. If Boss receives a less, creative, RMC'ing there's certainly time to get that done. But I still doubt that - there's no way they wouldn't tease something like that.

I'm actually thinking there's a new boss starting next year. That's the hint. He'll plant five more flower boxes and let six other flower boxes die and go to shit. There will be a few new awnings added and a water fountain replaced. Rides will be left SBNO, but people will relentlessly fight back against anyone saying the park is in a continued state of decline.

I saw a Facebook post this morning asking group members what park was the most neglected. There were a lot of SFSTL responses.

I'm sure if "Iron Boss" is announced there will be a ton of people saying, "I told you so." Well, I've been right for the past dozen years, so I'll take that as a win for me.

The app has a slightly different description. It mentions a themed queue.

NewJoker.thumb.png.ad38a16934f9bdf04e9a16f4a29df2c7.png

Edit: Wonder where it is going? If they put it where the current Joker is the Axis Arcade could contain a funhouse queue - no need for a new building. And the 75ft width just happens to fit between the building and Batman's high turnaround.

image.png.e91e32ab371f8b39d8eb70ec41810852.png

image.png.4ed6740a746665a8d8ca48776ed3c935.png

• Like 1

Just now, SteveStL said:

Tidal Wave or Excaliber were my thougths 

The Giga Discovery model seems to need 200ftx75ft of clearance. That's too big for Excalibur's plot of land even without factoring in a queue.

Tidal Wave's location would still work but something larger would work there too. The Joker's plot of land just requires that you lose one of the ways to drive from the access road in to the park. 

If it is going to be a flat, this would be one of the best to get. I'm going to guess with the apparent size needs as posted, it goes in the Tidal Wave area. That back area of the park needs something pretty bad. Yeah, something bigger would be nice for that plot, but this is probably as good as it gets for that area realistically. 

Really curious what they do with the ship, though. You'd think at the very least they have to change the name, right?

21 minutes ago, thisdougsforu said:

If it is going to be a flat, this would be one of the best to get. I'm going to guess with the apparent size needs as posted, it goes in the Tidal Wave area. That back area of the park needs something pretty bad. Yeah, something bigger would be nice for that plot, but this is probably as good as it gets for that area realistically. 

Really curious what they do with the ship, though. You'd think at the very least they have to change the name, right?

What did SFOT do when they got a newer Harley Quinn ride?

2 hours ago, Danrarbc said:

What did SFOT do when they got a newer Harley Quinn ride?

they changed the name on the Troika (went from Crazy Legs, to Harley Quinn, to just Spinsanity after the new Harley Ride opened).

then, of course, they decomissioned the Troika. .and now they've also decomissioned the Turbillion Harley Ride too. . . 

HOPEFULLY the Troika will come back.. it's still in the boneyard, and still painted Red/White/Black in Harley Colors.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, bert425 said:

they changed the name on the Troika (went from Crazy Legs, to Harley Quinn, to just Spinsanity after the new Harley Ride opened).

then, of course, they decomissioned the Troika. .and now they've also decomissioned the Turbillion Harley Ride too. . . 

HOPEFULLY the Troika will come back.. it's still in the boneyard, and still painted Red/White/Black in Harley Colors.

Thank you for the answer. Worst part of that is a Troika is just plain a better ride than the Turbillions.

In other news there's no news. The park has not sent out ANY social media posts about this new ride and there's no news release either.

• Like 1

It's very bizarre how the park is handling it. Not pulling it down OR acknowledging it is so weird. 

Thanks for the answer on the SFOT and they did. I'd guess this will replace Joker Inc. and Axis Chemicals will get a redressing or something. I'm hoping that when the announcement comes, you'll be able to see the location from the rendering. 

• Like 1

Kind of a toss up on the location for me. Almost depends on how much they actually use that access road.

Replacing current Joker has the benefit of staying near Batman (as if keeping characters near each other matters to the chain anymore) and it has a building already standing so they wouldn't have to pay to build a new one.

The Tidal Wave plot is big and out of the way though so it's just super easy to put literally anything there.

The social media comments are hilarious to read as some people are saying they just re-painted xcalibur or this ride is a copy of xcalibur

It just shows the GP lack of knowledge, and overall just wants to complain because it ain't a coaster.

I'm glad to see us get a big flat that can handle capacity. I was big into Excalibur when it was running and I'm sure that this will be a better replacement then Supergirl did to Highland Fling.

Im surprised no one has mentioned the possible location in Dragons Wings old spot next to Rookie Racer since Great America is also getting a Discovery and it's replacing Dare Devil Dive.

The social media comments are hilarious to read as some people are saying they just re-painted xcalibur or this ride is a copy of xcalibur

They'd say similar if Boss got RMC'd. "They just painted the rails," is a common one I've seen from other RMC announcements. 

Told by higher up at the park that it is slated to go in Dragon's Wing's old spot. Don't think it would fit in Xcalibur's old footprint, and it will probably help the GP to differentiate between the two.

I don't think the park plans to remove the current Joker, so I guess we'll have Joker, Inc. and Joker: Carnival of Chaos, unless they spend the money to retheme the swinging ship.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1