TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

I'm just a bit disappointed all we're getting is a Super Loop. We're like the only park getting a Super Loop and nothing else. I mean, SFOG is getting 12 new rides, we couldn't get another one?

Lol time to start talking about 2017... Iron Boss anyone?

Just for what it’s worth, Six Flags has special partnerships with the financial trusts that technically own SFOG and SFOT. Those agreements force SF corporate to make an undisclosed minimum amount of capital investments within a rolling five year cycle. That may or may not directly be in play here, but it’s something to keep in mind when examining corporate’s investment strategy.

^I'm pretty sure HWFan said that Rush Street Flyer wasn't going anywhere, FWIW...

I do remember him saying that several pages back. I believe the words were "I can guarantee you'll be able to ride it next year." But some articles have stated Fireball is going where it currently is. Perhaps they're moving it?

Yeah, that confused me. The article did not inclde a closing date either. If they did move it then it could use some paint. I wonder if we will see any name changes ala SFGADv from any of these superloops

I find it interesting especially since they just recently rebuilt the whole deck for the ride. You are correct though, it could use a good deal of TLC.

I'm excited for it too! Also the new prices on Season Dining passes and Season Passes is freaking awesome!!!

Agree with the dining passes. They've added more places including the funnel cake stand finally. Will be glad when we can use them at all the parks. Defiantly worth the money as much as we go!!!

Are you talking about the funnel cakes stand right before the entrance to Studio Backlot? Because funnel cakes have been available for snacks there for months now with the dining pass. Or you can pay $2 extra and get a funnel cake sundae. Six Flags just never updated the PDF listing the available snacks. But it's available -- had many calories as a result!

Yes from what I gathered it will include the stand near the back lot.

But really? Funnel cakes were available for this years dining passes! I knew about the cotton candy for an extra $2. Good to know...thanks!

You can get cotton candy with the dining pass at the stand by tidal wave without paying the extra $2.

Great...thanks!

Rush Street Flyer is being permanently removed at the end of the season, it's not being moved/kept for 2016. Fireball will go right next to the "Boomerang" part of Boomerang and is probably similar in height to the Cobra Roll element of Boomerang.

Let's start with the bad and work up to the good. I have cut bits and pieces out of some posts to curtail them while not changing the message.

I did ride JLBFM. Awesome ride and Zach needs to cut the park a break on that one. That ride outclasses any of the regional parks. Super re-rideable. And I actually thought Scooby ride was best Sally dark ride around, so tough act to follow.

The SFStL thread has become very negative and I don't quite understand. I visited Cedar Point, Kings Island, Dollywood, Universal Studios this year and many others last year. I still have a great time at SFStL. Don't get me wrong, there were many things that SFStL could be doing better, but it's not about the ride collection. It's operations. (Maybe it's just the curse of 2015. Too many rides weren't running on the dry and wet side.)

Six Flags just isn't dropping the money into the parks like they used to under new management. They aren't keep pace with Cedar Fair. This upsets me more than anything. I don't know if anyone in the chain will see a huge coaster. X flight may be the biggest??

1. JLBM is a fantastic win for the park. Zach's negativity (or apathy and best) really shows what he cares about. He cares about coasters that he likes. He talks about how he used to just absolutely love Mr. Freeze. Now that they turned the trains backwards, he claims the ride has been ruined for him. Seriously? He hasn't even been to the park in years, and I feel as if his memory of the park gets more negative as the years progress like the opposite of rose colored glasses.

2. It isn't just Zach being negative. When I used the strong word 'cancer', I used it because his negatively has been spreading to other users. There is absolutely no reason for this forum to be that negative. None.

3. The curse of 2015 is real, rather than the park just not doing a good job with maintenance and operations. Whether the rides were at Six Flags or Holiday World, you would've seen similar downtime. The park just got really, really unlucky.

4. Six Flags isn't dropping money into the parks as much under this new management? Really? First, the last management bankrupted the entire company, so let's not harken back to those days. Second, this new management is dropping at least as much into the parks, but they are doing it so much more wisely. So much more. It's crazy. All of the parks need millions and millions of dollars to be invested in things that aren't rides. The old management was crazy about putting all of their investments into rides. That is why Fright Fest sucked, and that is why the park got run down a little. Most of what has been being fixed are things that you don't see but still cost insane amounts of cash. Cedar Fair is dumping cash into a few of their larger parks, but a lot of the parks really aren't getting much.

(My long Prozach-related post)

He has said several times that he values your input to this forum. As for prozach, I personally agree most of the time with what he says. Zach's multiple posts on so called negativity (truth) is no different than constantly reading about the we need a hyper or iron boss coaster posts.

He has said that several times, and I appreciated those posts. I have also posted several times about how I appreciated him. I try to be fair, and I used to see a lot of truth in the things he did post. However, it's just gotten to the point where he's gone off the rails to be negative for the sake of negativity.

My initial reaction is what did Georgia do to piss off coporate. Atleast we can say, disgruntled we may be, we have not had the weird past few years they have.

Beyond that....eh? I'll ride it more than Boomerang or Tsunami Soaker I guess. It will look pretty snd the GP will like it. I was really hoping for a HH expansion as I felt that was needed more.

1. I think Georgia actually got one of the best additions of the chain! Two new kiddie areas and the first themed to DC Superheroes that includes a custom roller skater-type coaster? That would be really cool!

2. The Larson super loops have actually been one of the best rated rides in the chain according to Guest scores. There are some real statistics to go by rather than just "well my young nephew and I didn't like it so it won't be good."

3. Remember that Hurricane Harbor is closed for three and a half months of the park's operating season. Especially with Fright Fest becoming the park's busiest time of the year, HH additions will come eventually but aren't the main focus.

My condolences to the St.Louis area fans who were expecting something worth raving about for next year. I've spent a good amount of time reading this thread since I'm visiting on Monday and was hoping for something great to happen next year.

My condolences to you who feel the need to give your condolences to the St. Louis area fans as if our park is dying.

I'm excited for it too! Also the new prices on Season Dining passes and Season Passes is freaking awesome!!!

Guests submitted suggestions and the park listened. It should really be fantastic.

^I'm pretty sure HWFan said that Rush Street Flyer wasn't going anywhere, FWIW...

I do remember him saying that several pages back. I believe the words were "I can guarantee you'll be able to ride it next year." But some articles have stated Fireball is going where it currently is. Perhaps they're moving it?

Okay. This is my turn to apologize. It is absolutely amazing how fast plans can change so close to announcement time. Even just a few days ago when I said that, there were plans to relocate it to another park. It may be headed to the scrap heap now. Holiday World had to get rid of their falling star in the early 2000's due to the amount of maintenance it took. They shipped it to a park with a less strenuous operating schedule. Rush Street Flyer was going to have to go sometime, and I can't think of a better ride to take its place. (Those who were wanting a S&S Screamin' Swing in that spot have absolutely no idea how small that spot is compared to how much room those swings take.)

The Skyline will look good, especially at night, with the new ride. It would be nice if they did something for the 40th anniversary of the Screamin Eagle. At a minimum get the Chaser lights working again.

I'm really looking forward to the stellar lighting package that will be on Fireball. Those LEDs look really sharp at night and will hopefully be seen a bit from the highway. I showed Dave the video of the Screamin Eagles old chaser lights that someone posted recently (even though the filmographer did the very stupid and dangerous thing of bringing a camera on the ride). It would be really cool to have, and we'll see I guess.

The Clues

I could go back towards all of the "clues" that I may or may not have posted in the past. However, there was one that I felt was like a smoking gun. In the clue I believe I apologized to someone as I was not trying to "drain their brain" or something.

braindrain.jpg.972a38a6db6706c555c65346af3f661b.jpg

Brain Drain at Elitch Gardens (Denver, CO)

Okay. This is my turn to apologize. It is absolutely amazing how fast plans can change so close to announcement time. Even just a few days ago when I said that, there were plans to relocate it to another park. It may be headed to the scrap heap now. Holiday World had to get rid of their falling star in the early 2000's due to the amount of maintenance it took. They shipped it to a park with a less strenuous operating schedule. Rush Street Flyer was going to have to go sometime, and I can't think of a better ride to take its place. (Those who were wanting a S&S Screamin' Swing in that spot have absolutely no idea how small that spot is compared to how much room those swings take.)

I am a bit surprised about the removal of Rush Street Flyer as it's backdrop just got repainted 1-2 years ago, right? You're right though, flat rides aren't meant to last forever, and Rush Street Flyer has lasted a long time. And yeah, there's no way a Screamin' Swing could've ever fit in RSF's spot. A Super Loop is probably the only other flat that could.

I'm actually looking forward to riding Fireball, but I do wish corporate would've given us at least 1 more flat. There's no point in complaining at this point though.

Also, being able to use the dining pass at every SF park is an awesome benefit, as is the fact it comes with an unlimited refill bottle. Six Flags really is doing an awesome job at using customer comments to make improvements

I'm actually looking forward to riding Fireball, but I do wish corporate would've given us at least 1 more flat. There's no point in complaining at this point though.

I am also looking forward to the Fireball, kinda wish it had a more unique name, but either way it will still be a good ride! Speaking of multiple flats, SFOT got 3 good flats, maybe Six Flags is stepping up with flats as a chain.

I have to say HHFan, we love JLBFM! It is a great addition to our park!!!

Another friend of mine who is a coaster enthusiast told me her sources have "confirmed" an RMC conversion to our park for 2017. Has anyone else heard this???

"Sources"? Is she affiliated with Six Flags in any way?

They ought to do something with Eagle, as we have the smallest investment this year. Maybe their relapsing still from JLBFM or they have something nice to buy in 2017.

I was told that a coaster will be here by 2017/2018, depending on how you want to interpret it (and obviously, they are NOT making Fireball that "coaster"). I was told in September 2014 that it would be around three more years.

Edited by RollerManic

Well after a long night at work I can finally comment on the new addition.

1. I'm very surprised we are getting a Super Loop, as I really expected the addition to be for HH. Now, I wont be surprised if that is what our 2017 addition will be.

2. Now, I really don't think this is a bad addition. ESPECIALLY since it is not marketed as a Coaster (THANK YOU SO MUCH SFStL!), but I will not be riding it as rides like this make me sick.

3. My only real complaint is that every other park in the chain that are getting Super Loops for 2016 are also getting some other kind of attraction. It would have been nice if we could have gotten something like a Tilt-A-Whirl themed to Harley Quinn a la SFOG did for 2015. But, we just have to take what we can get.

Now, like I said, I think that 2017 will be a HH addition. For 2018 I could see us getting a Coaster, and I would not be surprised if it is a clone of SFFT Batman and SFGAd Total Mayhem.

3. My only real complaint is that every other park in the chain that are getting Super Loops for 2016 are also getting some other kind of attraction.

Eh SFNE is really just repainting Bizarro and renaming it. Last year SFOG was the only park that added a second ride.

Quick question: are the chaser lights on Screamin' Eagle installed but not operating or are they removed completely? After around 20 years I don't think they're there anymore but if we got some LEDs to line the side of Eagle instead I think that that whole back area would look spectacular at night, especially during Fright Fest.

I appreciate your constant feedback to this form HWFan, let me just start off with that. But I think to say there's no reason to be negative on thus forum isn't accurate. I certainly wasn't trying to be negative, but those that are have a right to. This is a forum for coaster enthusiasts, and they are growing frustrated at the length of time between legit coasters. It's not Zack or even Six Flags fault, but they have a right to complain.

I'm fairly excited for the loop. I'm hedging my excitement though because if I end up not liking it, it will have taken the place of one of my favorite flats we have. So that would be another ride I like, being taken out for another I dont. I don't expect others to match my opinion, but a million guest surveys won't take away my personal disappointment if I don't like it.

I understand HH is not a priority, made painfully obvious by exactly 0 adult slides going in at parks (not counting white water which is not attached to a dry park)

I have to say HHFan, we love JLBFM! It is a great addition to our park!!!

Another friend of mine who is a coaster enthusiast told me her sources have "confirmed" an RMC conversion to our park for 2017. Has anyone else heard this???

"Sources"? Is she affiliated with Six Flags in any way?

I'm not sure. She didn't tell details of her source. I will ask her next time I see her.

My initial reaction is what did Georgia do to piss off coporate. Atleast we can say, disgruntled we may be, we have not had the weird past few years they have.

This doesn't really make sense to me. As someone who visits SFOG frequently, I would say we have been one of the luckiest parks in the chain. In the past 5 years we have received:

1. A brand new custom Eurofighter, which is the only one in the chain.

2. A 242 foot tall Sky Screamer

3. Hurricane Harbor. While small this is only phase one and it is still a huge addition, and by far the nicest looking HH in the chain.

4. Unlike the other parks in the chain, we got a Super Loop AND a customized Tilt-a-Whirl, both of which are the most attractive in the chain. SFOG's Gotham City is now by far the most appealing in the chain as well.

5. Most of the buildings throughout the park have been repainted, further making it the nicest looking park in the chain.

6. The addition of Holiday In The Park, which extends the operating season through early January and will include the entire park and all dry rides this year. I went to this a few days after Dollywood's Smoky Mountain Christmas and thought it would be a joke but it was actually amazing.

7. And now a huge kid's area renovation and expansion with many new rides including adult friendly rides (flyers and a 65 foot drop tower).

I'm not sure how any of that is weird or why you would think SFStL is lucky to not have all the great investments SFOG has had. I have been to both parks and while I enjoyed SFStL, the park is a bit of a mess in pretty much every department.