TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Um, I got the season passholder email, and it clearly stated that GOLD passholder ERT was 10:30 to 12:00 and ALL passholder ERT was from 12:00 to 1:00.

As for the Scooby Doo re-theme, I'm assuming they either want to get rid of that branding or it is expiring and they are putting out feelers as to how pissed the families will be if they let it go and re-theme the darkride.

^ Well there you go. I didn't realize there would be more to learn about the hours of 12-1 but then they change them. HA Makes total sense.

Will you stop blaming other people for the fact that YOU DIDN'T READ THE INFORMATION!!!!

You're like one of those people on our trips who show up late for the bus and try to blame us for not communicating what time it was leaving and all I can respond back is "49 other people seemed to have heard me loud and clear. Seems to be a case of 'user error.'"

--Robb "Take some personal responsibility that you didn't read and stop blaming the park." Alvey

Great Pictures of the ninth coaster of SFStL! I for one love the location that Boomerang is at with the setting and the color scheme. While watching the video, when the train was going up the second lift hill and seeing the the fresh new grass under the cobra roll, the coaster got + in my book. I like grass especially when they're cut/new (No pun intended) and Boomerang looks great above the grass! Even though I loved Flashback at SFOT, I'm glad that the coaster is still living it's live!

No. Its where people (media) can get their footage including b-roll of the attraction that you see. They have one like that for every new ride from 2011.

^ Well there you go. I didn't realize there would be more to learn about the hours of 12-1 but then they change them. HA Makes total sense.

Will you stop blaming other people for the fact that YOU DIDN'T READ THE INFORMATION!!!!

You're like one of those people on our trips who show up late for the bus and try to blame us for not communicating what time it was leaving and all I can respond back is "49 other people seemed to have heard me loud and clear. Seems to be a case of 'user error.'"

--Robb "Take some personal responsibility that you didn't read and stop blaming the park." Alvey

Nice to meet you, too. You still out at SFSTL?

I would imagine not since I was the one there...but since you read the report...you already know that.

GREAT UPDATE!! SFStL has been my home park since 2003. Glad to see this project do so well. Also glad to see the park get a positive review! I actually like this small park it has a really cool personality to it. I am also a fan of boomerangs so I am extremely glad to see, and hear, that it is much smoother. I am looking forward to riding this one soon!

I'm surprised to hear that they managed to get it smoother.

Maybe there are some tricks still they can pull with the old boomers. I thought after Carolina Cobra and Hershey's got the new trains it would be a hot new thing for parks to purchase, but seems not.

I don't hate boomers, I actually like Cobra, and the former Zoomerang. Although the old Hershey trains weren't fun at all.

So glad to see this update! I'm heading there for my first time ever this Saturday. Was debating if I'd need to get the Flash Pass or not, but it seems that nothing was much more than a 30 minute wait. Is that normal?

Actually the lines get very long, some even an hour +. Its very hard to predict at our park.

Edgeboy, the flashpass building is conveniently located near the center of the park. Remember, on nice warm days HH gets a large portion of the guests parking in the lot, so walk around for a bit to see how crowded the amusement park is before you spend your money. As a modest sized park, you might be able to do everything you want in the park without buying the flashpass.

Don't get Flash Pass

Even though Saturdays are literally the ONLY crowded days in the park. Boss, Mr. Freeze, and Boomerang (possibly Batman) are the only rides you would even possibly use the Flash Pass on.

So I went to Six Flags St Louis other day to ride for Insane Coaster Wars on The Boss. While there I realized it had been almost 10 years since I had actually been to Six Flags St Louis. I rode American Thunder and it was fantastic! The park is really looking beautiful even Boomerang while nothing exciting was done very well and looks very nice.

However I am posting about The Boss. I remember in 2000 when they built that ride that it seemed much faster and much much more intense. Is it just me have they trimmed the hell out of that ride? What has happened? It was just flat-out boring. Airtime was non-existent it seems to crawl through the layout. I just don't remember the ride sucking that hard core. Maybe it just seemed more intense to me back then. Am I the only one who thinks it's not like it once was?

Are those Arrow trains? Were they on SFOT's Flashback?

Those are Vekoma trains.

Boomerang IS Flashback. It got relocated here. The trains came with the ride.

^I'm pretty sure, yay101, meant were those the trains on Flashback at SFOT? As in did the same train get shipped with the reborn Flashback as Boomerang at SFStL? They know that Boomerang is Flashback from SFOT.

So I went to Six Flags St Louis other day to ride for Insane Coaster Wars on The Boss. While there I realized it had been almost 10 years since I had actually been to Six Flags St Louis. I rode American Thunder and it was fantastic! The park is really looking beautiful even Boomerang while nothing exciting was done very well and looks very nice.

However I am posting about The Boss. I remember in 2000 when they built that ride that it seemed much faster and much much more intense. Is it just me have they trimmed the hell out of that ride? What has happened? It was just flat-out boring. Airtime was non-existent it seems to crawl through the layout. I just don't remember the ride sucking that hard core. Maybe it just seemed more intense to me back then. Am I the only one who thinks it's not like it once was?

Hey! I saw you there for the Insane Coaster Wars shooting.

That sucks that you weren't impressed by the ride. I thought it was just as fast and intense as it has always been. Maybe the seats on the train affect the intensity of the ride. My dad and I agree that it will most likely come in last place in whatever episode it is featured. If Outlaw Run is up against the Boss, we all know which one will win.

I've never heard anyone complain that The Boss is sluggish. Let's hear from others who did the ICW shoot please. My complaint about The Boss is at its worst the laterals are just too intense for the ride to be fun, and most rides I've had on The Boss are ALMOST that intense. At its best The Boss is AMAZING. And the coaster is usually at its best when it ISN'T too fast, usually on cooler days.

I've never heard anyone complain that The Boss is sluggish. Let's hear from others who did the ICW shoot please. My complaint about The Boss is at its worst the laterals are just too intense for the ride to be fun, and most rides I've had on The Boss are ALMOST that intense. At its best The Boss is AMAZING. And the coaster is usually at its best when it ISN'T too fast, usually on cooler days.

I did the Insane Coaster Wars shooting. The rides were the most intense I've had in the daytime. The guy in charge of the episode told my sister and I to ride in the second row, which made us happy. It was a really good experience and I hope I can visit another park sometime soon to be on the show again. If ICW comes anywhere near you guys, GO!!! You get to be on TV and get free admission to the park!