TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Paris (DLP) Discussion Thread

p. 54 - Walt Disney Studios Park to become Disney Adventure World!

As others have said I actually don't think the Studios park is as big of a disaster as people are making it out to be. The problem at that resort is and always has been service, maintenance, and did I mention SERVICE?!?!

We have never had an 'easy, fun' visit even when staying multiple nights at their deluxe level hotels. The cheaper hotels are even more a nightmare.

Better training and making your visit feel like a real Disney resort would do wonders.

The main problem with WDS right now is its size.

It currently attracts 5 million visitors, which is pretty impressive for a park literally a quarter the size of a Magic Kingdom.

Some of you compare the park with DCA... but at least DCA is huge and gorgeous. It's bigger than Disneyland, with many paths and tons of scenery.

None of that exists at WDS. When you enter the park, you can take 2 steps left or 3 steps right. That's it.

See below.

wdw2014.thumb.jpg.1f70f31d5309dcaa0f23f426895e0985.jpg

(green = land for WDS expansion)

dca2014.thumb.jpg.6d3f9cb8cf71be23de51b52bf9dd9281.jpg

It's confirmed, Space Mountain Mission 2 will close it's gates for nearly 6 months, starting from the 12 of January. The ride gets some brand new Vekoma mk1212 trains (more comfort and better speakers) and rumors say that they will return it to it's 'mission 1' state (the old and epic onboard sountrack, old theming, old queue,...). The ride will be 20 years old in 2015.

It's confirmed, Space Mountain Mission 2 will close it's gates for nearly 6 months, starting from the 12 of January. The ride gets some brand new Vekoma mk1212 trains (more comfort and better speakers) and rumors say that they will return it to it's 'mission 1' state (the old and epic onboard sountrack, old theming, old queue,...). The ride will be 20 years old in 2015.

As long as it doesn't beat people senseless.

Where was this confirmed?

Oh I would be so happy to see Mission 1 back. I really do not like the half hearted Mission 2 revamp where it is a modern theme (with the video, the mission control radio messages etc) inside the Jules Verne themed building with the cannon etc. It's two completely different themes that don't work together. Plus the music is so poor compared to the original.

The notion of new trains for the ride is very exciting. I'm selfishly hoping that if this goes well, Disney would consider replacing the trains on Rock n' Rollercoaster next, or at least the soft-form restraints to be like the ones on the new trains.

Loved Mission 2 when I was there last November, so anything to make it even better is okay in my book!

On the topic of the Studios, I think that park would work really well if it followed the HKDL example: small lands with an anchor attraction in each (Mystic Manor, Grizzly, etc.) They've done a good job with Toy Story and Ratatouille, so if they can keep that up I think they'll have something really good going for them in the next decade.

I'd imagine Star Wars, Marvel and Frozen will serve as more probable anchors for future expansion for the Disneyland Paris Resort. Both brands carry great awareness and Disney seems to be realizing that they can lean on that recognition as a crutch, if not shot in the arm for the parks. I wouldn't expect any non-IP projects to make it through the development pipeline when they've got three marketable brands that are guaranteed to increase park attendance and by extension, merchandise revenue.

Edited by jedimaster1227

Disneyland Paris is potentially building.................. MORE HOTELS!!!!

This image was taken at Serris City Hall on August 29th and seems to show a number of new hotels planned for Disneyland Paris.

1665249452_DisneylandParisNewHotels.jpg.d3a68ff3dece38e45451f016f12ef2a0.jpg

Disneyland Paris blueprint showing new hotels?

This new development is apparently being called Phase IV (no idea what Phases I, II and III were) and is centred around a huge, new convention centre being built on DLRP property, which once complete would be the second largest in France.

It looks like 1 hotel would be built on Lac Disney (directly across from the Sequoia Lodge), 1 built behind the Walt Disney Studios backlot area (could this potentially tie in with a new Marvel Land and have direct access to the park like the MiraCosta?) and then another 4 hotels on the currently un-used land which was earmarked for the 'Villages Nature / AquaLagoon' project that was announced years ago?

Does Disneyland Paris need more hotels? I think not.....

• 1 month later...

It is interesting to see the resort is drawing enough traffic to warrant additional resort hotels... Or rather, additional resorts are being considered for anticipated crowds, which could be an indication for the future.

Edited by jedimaster1227

It is interesting to see the resort is drawing enough traffic to warrant additional resort hotels... Or rather, additional resorts are being considered for anticipated crowds, which could be an indication for the future.

That was my thought as well. That's a lot of hotels to be planning for a resort that doesn't even seem like is at capacity right now.

That message roughly translates to the picture presenting possible future expansion, so it's not something entirely set in stone. But still, four new hotels for just two parks? Either the French really like their hotels (and I wouldn't put it past them), or Disney could be anticipating something big coming to the resort. Possibly another Fantasyland makeover or even a new gate?

...Possibly another Fantasyland makeover or even a new gate?

And even with Ratatouille opening recently, I am hoping there is eventually

more being added to the Studios as well. One can always hope.

That was my thought as well. That's a lot of hotels to be planning for a resort that doesn't even seem like is at capacity right now.

That message roughly translates to the picture presenting possible future expansion, so it's not something entirely set in stone. But still, four new hotels for just two parks? Either the French really like their hotels (and I wouldn't put it past them), or Disney could be anticipating something big coming to the resort. Possibly another Fantasyland makeover or even a new gate?

If you read the text I put under the 'map / proposal', the new hotel development is apparently centred around a huge, new convention centre being built on DLRP property and not any additional theme park development.

As far as I read here and there, the projects for DLP in term of new rides are :

- Toy Story Mania, 99% sure. Located in Toy Story Playland at the WDS.

- Star Tour II, 99% sure. Well, where Star Tour is, in the main park.

And now the most interesting bits:

Either Soarin' (WDS or Adventureland) OR Indiana Jones Adventure 2.0 using a trackless technology. This is maybe... 30% sure? but about 100% more exciting than the other ones!

^ I forgot about the (probable) Toy Story Mania attraction coming to WDS.

But an Indy.02 attraction in Adventureland would be awesome! Although,

and unless they've updated the way to do it, trackless vehicles have to exist

on a flat traveling floor. Could be a whole new form of trackless, with hills, etc.