TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Paris (DLP) Discussion Thread

p. 54 - Walt Disney Studios Park to become Disney Adventure World!

Did I miss the announcement of that? I thought Space Mountain was closing again in the next few months for new trains. Its a shame if it is delayed until 2017 though as it really needs them.

This post contains everything you need to know regarding the ongoing refurbs:

http://themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1596229#p1596229

Damn, I am getting stoked to finally get back to DLPR (20th-25th). And staying onsite

again, but this time at The Sequoia Lodge, is a Bucket List dream come true for me!

Sadly, Crush's Coaster will be down, as will (no big loss) Indy Jones-Temple of Peril coaster too.

And the park-circling Disney Railroad, too. And It's A Small World. I'll live with that one.

And I'm so looking forward to the new Ratatouille section in WDS, as well as having our first meal at

Remi's Bistro, too. And getting to shop at Marianne's, etc. And the whole new (for us both) Toy Story Land!

And the Tower of Terror for David as well. And a last viewing of Animagique (soon to close for a

redo) as well as seeing Cinemagique. Both great original attractions, and worth a revisit after so many years.

K_02CastleGroupShot_DLPR.jpg.3e02c7426b74e2684927ad1d345884a4.jpg

The Group Castle Shot - TPR 2008 Europe Tour (my last visit to DLPR)

Damn, I am getting stoked to finally get back to DLPR (20th-25th). And staying onsite

again, but this time at The Sequoia Lodge, is a Bucket List dream come true for me!

Sadly, Crush's Coaster will be down, as will (no big loss) Indy Jones-Temple of Peril coaster too.

And the park-circling Disney Railroad, too. And It's A Small World. I'll live with that one.

And I'm so looking forward to the new Ratatouille section in WDS, as well as having our first meal at

Remi's Bistro, too. And getting to shop at Marianne's, etc. And the whole new (for us both) Toy Story Land!

And the Tower of Terror for David as well. And a last viewing of Animagique (soon to close for a

redo) as well as seeing Cinemagique. Both great original attractions, and worth a revisit after so many years.

You have to see Disney Dreams! when you are there, it's just so wonderfull!

^ We have enough days at the resort, to see Disney Dreams one of those evenings. Thanks for reminding us.

We might actually catch it the Sunday we arrive at the hotel. Doing Ratatouille, then Disney Dreams at DL would be great!

Edited by Nrthwnd

Great to see the park finally get some love and I hope it all makes a noticeable effect on the atmosphere at the park. It is a shame about the new trains taking so long for Space Mountain though but hopefully they will be worth it.

Here's a half-decent on-ride video with a comparison between the coaster pre- and post-refurbishment.

^The most noticeable differences I can see is the new light package during the pre-launch sequence and more and brighter effects inside the dome, although some of them may have always been there and were just broken/switched off before the refurbishment.

It's nice to see the cannon itself back in full operation as well.

I think this is our second visit to DLP, where Space Mountain has gone through a big renovation of some kind.

In 2007 , it was just after a massive repaint job to it. In a couple of weeks, it will be after all this has been done.

Sweet.

panoramagique_16-9.jpg.b07d9ed39c2fe9c68aca533597e3107f.jpg

We're also looking forward to riding PanoraMagique again, hopefully in the evening.

• 1 month later...

Big disappointment. Space Mountain was just as rough and awful, as I remember it 7 years ago, on the TPR tour!

It definitely had more lighting effects and projections and such. But the ride itself was just terrible for me. I had

ridden this, to test it out for David, and immediately said "No, and I won't even ride it again on this trip."

That said, the best one of the major coasters in both parks was a big surprise to me: Rock'N'Roller avec Aerosmith!

Smoothest of the bunch, not including Red Racer or Big Thunder they're fine, I felt. Worth a re-ride. And I did on

another day's visit. With a 'virgin group' too, who had never ridden it. It was great watching and hearing their

surprise and screams, lol.

And although Indian Jones-Temple of Peril didn't feel as rough as before. I still wasn't impressed enough for a

re-ride on it. But riding it at night was cool, with all the fire effects blazing.

IMG_9473.JPG.e8384f08a561ee39eaadf2a91da0909f.JPG

Surprisingly Best Coaster of this visit. Taken Sept.24/15.

^ Well, this and my faith having been restored in good service - there was, everywhere we went, including the hotel - and great eating places,

plus all the amenities of the Sequoia Lodge made us realize we do want to come back again. The Resort has good attractions,

including RnR. And other things not found in the other Disney resorts.

So this and Tokyo Disney will be fine for us, for re-visits, lol.

IMG_9405.JPG.87b8a4a19db02dd9eb26c58e1e5147be.JPG

I mean, Elsa wants us to come back! And buy her! For only 49 Euros!

^ Well, this and my faith having been restored in good service - there was, everywhere we went, including the hotel - and great eating places,

plus all the amenities of the Sequoia Lodge made us realize we do want to come back again. The Resort has good attractions,

including RnR. And other things not found in the other Disney resorts.

I agree with the "good attractions" remark. Service, however, I'm feeling completely opposite. Granted, my visit was back in 2012 as an add-on for the TPR trip, but it was three days of pure snotty hell. The parks were gorgeous and the rides were fun, but good lord I hated every last employee I interacted with. Not a single one was nice to me. You'd think when one spends $1200+ for three days and two nights at their resort that they'd at the very least pretend to smile.

The rest of France was awesome. Paris, Parisians, and every employee at Disney can go on a long walk off a short pier.

• 3 weeks later...
^ Because the ride is not run by electricity, but on the tears of adults and souls of children.

Yes but considering the ride broke down and was being evacuated everyone would have been cheering so there would be no tears.

On another note though it does seem odd that they didn't hit the show stop while evacuating guests, it only takes one idiot to not look where they are going or to walk off and get injured by it.

Well, here we go. Big Thunder Mountain is now closed until January 2017 for a massive refurbishment.

It will also be updated with

which were added to the ride in California last year.

12183867_481864381996290_6132036850833356089_o.thumb.jpg.83e469470659573a2d80afd1c5134f51.jpg

CSe_W6OWoAAWUsZ.thumb.jpg.f3d20382350fd130bca9cc63b24b0094.jpg

CSe_YqbWUAAI6VC.thumb.jpg.0dd1784534158be372e7ba814f25d676.jpg

Meanwhile, scaffolding is coming down around It's A Small World, revealing its new colors.

The ride will reopen December 19.

11159886_482174711965257_1218767489298302707_o.thumb.jpg.d5d63fc2ccc95b75bb889ad9b3f7134a.jpg

12189301_482174781965250_6267104096258278900_o.thumb.jpg.ad7a2d416c47034120684aa9a4a9c1d7.jpg

More new pavement in front of the Disneyland Park:

CSkahXBXIAASI9J.thumb.jpg.f771e4715e449a5090b0767a1475347d.jpg

CSkae9IWoAEPVRs.thumb.jpg.756f1a46dc2271315f7b04fdce6d2cdd.jpg

And under construction in the Studios:

CSUPn5dWEAANKru.thumb.jpg.61ce61640ce20362fe1d7c8acc1da63e.jpg

photos: DisneylandBerry, InsideDLParis

I hope all the workers sing "Hi Ho" when they walk across that bridge. Its great to see such big projects being undertaken by the park and I hope they do well. They still need to do a lot to win me back as a visitor though. I haven't been since 2008 and still have no intention of going back.

On a random note does Disney Paris not do any of the holiday overlays for Phantom Manor and Its a Small World of Sadomasochistic Torture?

^ Nope, no overlay. I won't mind for IASW, but I kinda think it doesn't suit Phantom Manor like it does on Haunted Mansion.

It will also be updated with
which were added to the ride in California last year.

I'll believe this when I actually see it for real.

I don't remember seeing this colour combination on any of Disney's Small World facades!

Usually, it's the white and gold trimmed version. Then, more colours are added with

lighting and mapping effects during the holiday season. This looks interesting.

And I'm glad they finally finished up the pathways in front of the park's entrance. When we

were there in September, the crowds got bottle-necked to the left, to go into the park.

And no Criag ^^ I don't believe they have done any overlay to Phantom Manor during

Halloween, to this date. Not sure about IAsW and Christmas, though. There could

be a lighting package and/or mapping effects they're using on it, already.

I think the only reason they are spending so much fixing the place up (again) is because having it be crappy is a huge black eye for the Walt Disney Company. I don't think Disney believes it has a great future like the American/Japanese/Chinese parks otherwise it would get a major new attraction at least once in awhile. Has this place ever made money on a somewhat consistent basis? The only reason it hasn't closed is because it would be a huge PR nightmare with all the job loses and all the government favors they got to build it.

They still need to do a lot to win me back as a visitor though. I haven't been since 2008 and still have no intention of going back.

I haven't been to DLP yet, and based on the reviews it's been getting I don't really feel a strong desire to visit either. Maybe in a couple of years though, when they have finished the massive refurb project they now are doing,