TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Paris (DLP) Discussion Thread

p. 54 - Walt Disney Studios Park to become Disney Adventure World!

Anyone else think it'll be a little strange for Parisians to see fake-Paris right next to real-Paris? Imagine going to Epcot and suddenly you find yourself on an authentic looking cul-de-sac with single story ranch homes. WELCOME TO AMERICA!

...like a theme park themed to California in California...?

Anyone else think it'll be a little strange for Parisians to see fake-Paris right next to real-Paris? Imagine going to Epcot and suddenly you find yourself on an authentic looking cul-de-sac with single story ranch homes. WELCOME TO AMERICA!

I was thinking that same thing.

I was thinking that same thing.

Hahahahaha.

• 2 weeks later...

I still say, they'll keep the damn attraction cleaner than streets you'd

see in actual (oops doggy dou...) streets of Gaie Paris.

So - any news/visuals from the site?

Anxious as always, Bill.

(EDIT To Add: This is The Only Trackless Disney-traction that has not

been described in any way, to any press that I know of, as to what happens inside.

We all know most of what now happens inside Mystic Manor in HKDL. So this one - intrigued.)

I still say, they'll keep the damn attraction cleaner than streets you'd

see in actual (oops doggy dou...) streets of Gaie Paris.

I don't know, last time we visited, the park was pretty much as dirty as Paris!

Having been to both Paris and DLPR a few times, I have to tell ya,

it varies from visit to visit, and what part of the city we're staying in...

I have seen clean Paris and some-what dirty Paris.

^ Yeah, that really isn't saying much!

We stayed in a nice hotel just about a block and a half from Notre Dame and it was dirtier than the average big city, but it could have just been where we were. Disneyland Paris, however, was literally on par with Six Flags. We were there for two full days, and it was the same both days.

^ Yeah, that really isn't saying much!

We stayed in a nice hotel just about a block and a half from Notre Dame and it was dirtier than the average big city, but it could have just been where we were. Disneyland Paris, however, was literally on par with Six Flags. We were there for two full days, and it was the same both days.

LOL, It was a joke!

My only concern about the Ratatouille ride is that from the reports on the web from the available documents, they mentioned that most of the scenes take place in hemispherical screens. I'm hoping that the ride doesn't rely too heavily on the screens to the point to where it's more of a simulator than a dark ride.

^ I think when you consider, that a good number of attractions already existing in the world, use screen technology within the design of the ride itself. (i.e. Spiderman at IOA?) I think it just depends how they design the screens into the (proposed) kitchen setting, which could be very cool. And so far, I had only seen one of these curved screens, as a framework only, in one of the pix taken during earlier construction. They may put one of these at every corner of the attraction, or through-out it. We'll have to wait till next year to find out.

ratatouilleWDS34.jpg.1780c273c542072c97fe70daaea42516.jpg

Thank you MiceChat for this peek at one of those curved screen frames. And remember, it might not have been installed yet, when this pic was taken.

• 4 weeks later...

Disney thinks about upgrading the capacity of Big Thunder Mountain... by remplacing the loco with rows!

No more loco for BTM?!

This is a serious rumor on the french DLP community, Disney Central Plaza. The ride is actually taken down for maintenance, but I don't know if there is any link with that update or not. They're more like working one the queue line.

(note : this is Photoshoped...)

They want to do that for running the attraction with four trains instead of five. The ride often makes e-stops when the loading is too long. Removing a train could avoid that.

Sorry for double posting but this is worth a up.

Ratatouille official layout has ben released!

Red : Vehicules layout.

Green : Screens

Red dots : Maintenance bay

Purple arrow : Queue line ending

Blue dots : Loading aeras ("embarquement")

Yellow dots : Unloading areas ("débarquement")

(From DisneyCentralPlaza)