TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

While I doubt they wait until Memorial Day to open it, I would be equally surprised if they opened it before the end of Spring Break. The park will already be busy that week. Hold off a few weeks and give the Spring Break crowd a reason to come back later in the season.

They took a piece back down. That missing piece was up yesterday but not unchained yet. maybe they had to make a correction.

I do not see how they will be open sooner than Memorial Day. They still have to build a queue, streets, landscaping, etc. That stuff takes lon ger than you would think. They have not advertised it yet much either. I suspect Memorial Day is still the target.

They took a piece back down. That missing piece was up yesterday but not unchained yet. maybe they had to make a correction.

I do not see how they will be open sooner than Memorial Day. They still have to build a queue, streets, landscaping, etc. That stuff takes lon ger than you would think. They have not advertised it yet much either. I suspect Memorial Day is still the target.

Asphalt goes down really quick. When Justice League was complete and New Gotham, I recall the asphalt seeming like it was put down "over night." The queue for The Joker is basically what Shockwave has with a Circus tent cover according to the latest renderings. Sharon told a group of us this past weekend that we'd be seeing a lot of an animated Joker character. I assume that there maybe an indoor show room and or televisions like on JL throughout the queue. I assume the later as I don't recall seeing a show room in the video renderings.

Looks great!! People exiting the highway are probably like "what the f*** is that?"

Cant help but wonder how many more of these Six Flags has ordered and which parks they're going to?

I know right! LOL ... From highway 360, you can't miss that twisted steel of what the heazy.

Almost! The crane was getting ready for the day. How many pieces till the top off?

you know, I saw your photo and i was inspired to dig up a photo from my only visit to the park back in 2005 when I did 18-flags over texas:

1591707690_ScreenShot2017-01-29at10_23_45AM.thumb.png.227bcdfce86e4a581b6ffcb12c73beaa.png

October 15, 2005

My how times change.

nice though i sometimes wish that they kept the flashback, texas chute, & at least the intamin free drop ride!

I too wish we still had Texas Chute Out, and Wildcatter. . . Both were fun rides.

My how times change.

nice though i sometimes wish that they kept the flashback, texas chute, & at least the intamin free drop ride!

I too wish we still had Texas Chute Out, and Wildcatter. . . Both were fun rides.

Flashback !! I SO miss that ride. I need to go down to Fiesta Texas to get my fix. I also miss the TX Cliffhanger (Wildcatter). You'd think they could've used more of the shopping center that's in that space, for future use, but it seems they're keeping the restaurant end of it. It's still up. And I passed by Six Flags earlier, and NO The Joker isn't topped off yet.

I find it interesting how they put the track together piece by piece on site, rather than ship whole sections of track (ala B&M, Intamin). I wonder if it's easier/cheaper to ship this way or if it's just the way the structure is designed.

So according to the video, looks like it's due to open "shortly after we begin our operating season". Also seems like more things will come to this area of the park in the future