TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

Are you referring to the land that has been cleared and footers that are being poured for the two new attractions?

A search of the Arlington City Council Agendas doesn't show anything about demolition permits, those are usually issued by the building permit office/P&Z

http://www.arlington-tx.gov/citycouncil/watch-council-meetings/city-council-meetings/

Has anyone seen the land that was cleared near six flags dr and cope land near 360? I was told by a friend that is an Arlington resident that he learned that it was aquired by the park when he went to an Arlington city council meeting. He claims they also got approval to demolish the strip behind batman. But I'm not so sure

Will my old home park finally get a new coaster? Time will only tell, but the park for sure needs another signature/custom coaster. The collection is getting a little outdated imo. Or maybe I should use the term stagnant.

With SFOT and SFFT hosting CC in 2017, I bet big things will be coming to both parks. SFFT will be adding a coaster to their Boardwalk area; finishing that renovation. I've been told that marketing for SFOT has already stated working on a new Coaster in 2017. I guess time will tell.

Apparently a "VR Coaster" has been announced at SFOT but it would appear the link they sent out is broken:

https://www.sixflags.com/overtexas/attractions/vr/overview?utm_campaign=overtexas&utm_medium=socialad&utm_source=twitter&utm_event=vr-announcement&utm_adtype=video&utm_flight=1&utm_gender=both&utm_demo=12-49&utm_content=video-vr

If anyone gets the link to work later, please post the info! Thanks!

1423179997_ScreenShot2016-02-16at19_45_46.png.19710e1109e60e46165268a264f00b06.png

1793141913_ScreenShot2016-02-16at19_45_24.thumb.png.cdc1a48a373b80df4eb070cfa43a5595.png

Well I was just joking about Pando because it would be a mega puke machine.

But in news that actually was posted correctly, they have revamped the front gates, metal detectors will be placed before the ticket booths and a promise to add more staff to scan tickets. That latter has always been the biggest issue for me, not enough people scanning tickets and too many people holding up the line trying to fumble around getting a SP card. The adding of staff and one can only hope they separate the people who need a hard card and maybe it'll only take 10 minutes to get in versus 30!

I wouldn't be surprised if the VR were to be for Titan.

Please, god no. Titan's dispatch times are already horrible. They don't need to do anything to the coaster to make dispatch times worse. And I'm sure adding VR to the coasters would greatly slow down dispatch times even more.

^My take, VR is a one and done especially on an upcharge so in a way its kinda meh. The new flats are cool and are welcomed with open arms but at the end of the day most have been on similar models. That and they aren't even on site yet, at least they weren't last I drove by a few weeks ago.

Anyone else think it could be Runaway Mountain? The coaster is already in the dark and you can hardly see anything; there isn't much of an experience to take away from. Maybe the whole "virtual reality" could be themed around the ride. Dispatch times are already pretty quick; each train only seats 12 people and it runs an unload and loading station. Return headsets at the return and they can be sent over to the loading area for the next guests. Of all the coasters in the park I think it's the most practical.

I saw ShockWave mentioned a while back; I don't think it would be ShockWave solely because of the force going through the loops. If you aren't expecting it, the forces are intense and a lot of people's heads get forced down into their laps. I imagine it would only begin lawsuit after lawsuit of neck/back injuries, especially after going into it blindly.

Anyone else think it could be Runaway Mountain? Dispatch times are already pretty quick; each train only seats 12 people and it runs an unload and loading station. Return headsets at the return and they can be sent over to the loading area for the next guests. Of all the coasters in the park I think it's the most practical.

Runaway Mountain has the longest wait time right behind Batman. I really think this VR thing is a horrible idea for this park. Unless they can get the loading processes up to speed this whole thing will be a nightmare. It won't be worth the wait in the humidity and heat. Plus think of all the sweaty faces that are going to be wearing them.

JL was a test to see how the park handles high tech attractions, and IMO they didn't handle it well. Yes I know it was the first year and new technology, but IMO it could have been handled better. I'm not sure bringing more new technology into the park is a good move. Fix what you have before you more to new attractions.

Anyone else think it could be Runaway Mountain? Dispatch times are already pretty quick; each train only seats 12 people and it runs an unload and loading station. Return headsets at the return and they can be sent over to the loading area for the next guests. Of all the coasters in the park I think it's the most practical.

Runaway Mountain has the longest wait time right behind Batman. I really think this VR thing is a horrible idea for this park. Unless they can get the loading processes up to speed this whole thing will be a nightmare. It won't be worth the wait in the humidity and heat. Plus think of all the sweaty faces that are going to be wearing them.

JL was a test to see how the park handles high tech attractions, and IMO they didn't handle it well. Yes I know it was the first year and new technology, but IMO it could have been handled better. I'm not sure bringing more new technology into the park is a good move. Fix what you have before you more to new attractions.

I hope they choose a ride with low ridership for this experiment. I can see myself avoiding it because of the increased wait time. I would hope they would have a booth set up before getting in line where the rider can get his/her goggles before getting in line, so the ride ops won't have to fool with it. But who knows.

We already know that no coaster is coming in 2016, someone screwed up and put 2016 as part of the link when it should be 2017.

They said VR coaster. which from what we seen coming to Alton Towers, is just a headset you wear while riding an already existing coaster.

I plan to visit the area at the end of March / beginning of April and so will visit SFoT for the first time. Any tips and tricks about the park would be appreciated (I can spend the full day there I think), and I'll probably grab a room at the hotels across the street. Also, I may take a quick trip up to Sandy Lake to ride the old-school pretzel (I'm a fan of such things), but that's kind of it for the Dallas area, right? I have a Six Flags gold pass, so I'll aim for early entry and head over to Texas Giant first, I guess. Anything that gets hideous lines that I should knock out fast?