New Texas Giant

Harley Quinn Spinsanity

Batman: the Ride

Runaway Mountain

La Vibora

Superman: Tower of Power

Pandemonium 

The Joker

and any other Single Rider lines at Six Flags Over Texas are gone.

I’m not sure if it’s for the day but it looks permanent. All signage regarding Single Rider lines at SFOT are gone too.

Just now, TallShortstop said:

El Diablo

New Texas Giant

Harley Quinn Spinsanity

Batman: the Ride

Runaway Mountain

La Vibora

Superman: Tower of Power

Pandemonium 

The Joker

and any other Single Rider lines at Six Flags Over Texas are gone.

I’m not sure if it’s for the day but it looks permanent. All signage regarding Single Rider lines at SFOT are gone too.

Also The Single Rider lines for New Texas Giant, Batman, and Runaway Mountain were added just last month so they decided to take them all out.

2 hours ago, TallShortstop said:

I have some bad news on that friend. As of Today, Sat Apr 9, ALL Single Rider lines at Six Flags Over Texas have been completely removed. I’m at the park now and walked to everyone of them, all gone. 

5F5DA1FC-05ED-4378-A416-5544903139E4.jpeg

That’s crazy!

what are they doing???

asked here at sfft and they have no idea and say they have no plans to remove them here 

1 hour ago, bert425 said:

That’s crazy!

what are they doing???

asked here at sfft and they have no idea and say they have no plans to remove them here 

I’m not kidding and I wish I was. Every. Single. Rider. Line is gone. They added this rail at Giant last month to seperate stairs for single riders. It was for nothing.

I walked by all of the single rider line rides that had it. Donezo.

Edited by TallShortstop
Deleted picture

I was just on Mr. Freeze shortly before this happened. One train got stuck in the launch tunnel and they shut down. I left for a little bit and fire engines were going inside the gate next to Batman towards Mr. Freeze. Shortly after they shut down Mini Mine and Mine Train as well as all of Gotham City. I don't know what happened but apparently the problem stemmed from Mr. Freeze and Arlington Fire Department logs (pardon low quality photo) show a Fire Department Assist to SFOT at 6:46 pm just 14 minutes before park closed (same time all this happened). I don't know what happened but Mr. Freeze may just have been added to the long list of SFOT rides on the fritz. 

Hope everyone is okay.

IMG-7539.jpg

1 hour ago, TallShortstop said:

Did anyone notice what happened tonight about 15 minutes before the park closed? Security shut down the whole area of Gotham City and Boomtown at about 6:45 p.m. 

There are reports on FB about this, supposedly the ride caught fire.

Mini-Update/Review incoming: For anyone wanting to go to SFOT this weekend they are open Friday-Monday but with massive holes in their rides lineup.

The following rides are (probably) closed:

Judge Roy Scream (Retrack? : down for weeks)

Rodeo (Speelunker's Cave area construction)

Titan (Lift hill chain broke : 6+ months and counting) (Giovanola went kaput so it's hard to get a ride-critical part like a lift hill chain)

Mr. Freeze: Reverse Blast (Spontaneous combustion)

Pandemonium (unknown but closed all last weekend with blue tarp on top lift hill motor)

The Joker (unknown problem but only operated 1 day in last 3 weeks so problems? That 1 day had 3 breakdowns in 45 minutes when I tried to ride)

Harley Quinn Spinsanity (Closed all last weekend)

Batwing (Some planes taken off arms)

All Single Rider Lines are out for good it looks like too so it's about to be the queue line wait times from hell. I heard that people were abusing Single Rider line by demanding the Station Attendant put their group together while going through Single Rider lines.

$199 season-long Gold Flash Pass looking like a solid gold purchase right now.

I'm not dogging Six Flags at all. It's understandable that everyone got rocked with Covid money losses.

The Dark Horse rides are Shockwave and Batman. I went on Saturday and waited at most 15 minutes for Shockwave during peak hours at 4:00. Batman is so ridiculous how short the wait time is (high capacity : 32 riders per cycle). The ride had a station wait at 4:45 on a Saturday! I was shocked.

Six Flags Over Texas is a fun park but caution to the wind of any first-timers as lots and lots of rides are down. 

Edited by TallShortstop
Clarification
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, TallShortstop said:

Titan (Lift hill chain broke : 6+ months and counting) (Giovanola went kaput so it's hard to get a ride-critical part like a lift hill chain)

Very few (if any) manufacturers make their own lift chains. Giovanola being out of business has little to do with getting a replacement. I'm sure the park will say "supply chain issues"...but at a certain point that excuse can't fly anymore.

4 hours ago, michaellynn4 said:

Rodeo and Harley Quinn were both removed from the park map. Wonder if this is an indicator about both of their long term statuses.

You weren't kidding. Website park map has the ride photoshopped out and IOS and Android apps have the ride as LABSICS: CLASSIFIED. Either one of three things. Staffing, mechanical, or no one rode it. During the most crowded time on a Saturday I've seen Harley Quinn ride operators waiting for people to show up to actually run the ride. Main queue had 0 people waiting sometimes. 

1 hour ago, Natalie2560 said:

When does Pirates of Speelunker’s Cave open?  Is it soon?  "Early 2022" isn't specific.

Right now it's hard to say. They were going to open Pirates sometime in April, but I'm not sure if that's still possible. I'll see what I can find out this Saturday when I visit the park.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Natalie2560 said:

When does Pirates of Speelunker’s Cave open?  Is it soon?  "Early 2022" isn't specific.

Certainly not within the next 2 weeks but for sure before Aquaman. They've done a lot with the queue line for Speelunker's but there's no telling with inside the ride. 

Edited by TallShortstop
spelling error