TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags [FUN] Corporate Discussion Thread

p. 91: Six Flags and Cedar Fair to enter "merger of equals" agreement, company will still be called "Six Flags"

I'm confused. Has anyone has looked at their grocery bill, lately? Ours doubled over the past few years. We can't go out to eat and have a couple drinks anywhere decent under $100.  Why would anyone be surprised Six Flags prices have skyrocketed along with the rest of daily essentials?

• Like 1

as noted, I have no issue with the prices.

I DO have an issue with the surcharge added to every purchase.

raise the prices if you need to, but don't insult me with that .99 surcharge bullshit.

• Like 7

On 11/24/2023 at 11:33 AM, prozach626 said:

I'm confused. Has anyone has looked at their grocery bill, lately? Ours doubled over the past few years. We can't go out to eat and have a couple drinks anywhere decent under $100.  Why would anyone be surprised Six Flags prices have skyrocketed along with the rest of daily essentials?

I think people are more surprised that Six Flags has the most expensive food in the industry now.

On 11/24/2023 at 10:57 AM, bert425 said:

as noted, I have no issue with the prices.

I DO have an issue with the surcharge added to every purchase.

raise the prices if you need to, but don't insult me with that .99 surcharge bullshit.

Bingo.  Just to compare the SoCal market...

Disneyland 1yr max visits + parking/discounts: $1,649

Universal Studios 1yr max visits + parking/discounts: $629

Knott's Berry Farm 1yr max visits + parking/discounts: $375

Six Flags Magic Mountain 1yr max visits + parking/discounts: $99

There's no way the gate of a flagship park of a proud brand should be sold that cheaply.  I'm sure people would be just fine paying a bit more if it meant dick moves like the surcharge aren't considered necessary.  They may even be able to maintain their park and start paying people a decent wage too while they're at it.

• Like 4

On 11/24/2023 at 10:33 AM, prozach626 said:

Nope!!! I'm calling BS on your grocery bill doubled..................I live in the same area as you. Our bill has gone up some, yes, but no where near double and I haven't changed my shopping habits a bit or the number of people I'm shopping for and we tend to buy the more expensive, healthier options in the store. If you want to engage in hyberpole you have to be more selective, if you do it all the time everyone thinks you are being serious. As far as going out to eat for under a $100 that depends on what you consider decent which is HIGHLY subjective. Besides the point here was not the amount of the surcharge it was why are they being dicks and pointing it out as a separate charge instead of just quietly raising the price of everything by maybe 50 cents, but you know that so why the need to interject a complaint about something outside of the parks.

Now back to the real discussion.

• Like 1

it's now a moot point for me anyways. .as I took advantage of the Cyber sale and did 2-meal-per-visit dining plan (as they note - in bright red on the site -- that dining is good at all parks your pass is good at.  and since I splurged for the Diamond pass?  that 2 meals per visit is good at all six flags parks).

so since I'll have meal plan now?  no surcharge for me.

which is what I expect they were trying to drive people to anyways.   

i still think it's tacky and horrible. . . but a non-issue for me now.

• Like 1

Heads up, the new dining plans include a snack currently when visiting Over Georgia.  Only park I'm aware of that gives you a snack credit for the day with the new plans.  I thought it would have been quickly updated but still going since August when they were released.

57 minutes ago, TEDodd said:

I'm not seeing that on the website.

Not advertised. But it's there and will appear on mobile ordering for verification. I was sort of surprised it didn't appear at other parks. 

I am not talking about membership dining plans. This is for 2024 diamomd season passes and dining plans purchased since August.  Not a huge deal but I thought it was interesting. 

19 minutes ago, tndank said:

Not advertised. But it's there and will appear on mobile ordering for verification. I was sort of surprised it didn't appear at other parks. 

I am not talking about membership dining plans. This is for 2024 diamomd season passes and dining plans purchased since August.  Not a huge deal but I thought it was interesting. 

I see.

I was looking at the purchase page for the Black Friday deals. It just say:
"Enjoy lunch and dinner every visit today and throughout the 2024 Season. Only a 3 hour interval between meals. Drinks not included."

Nothing about a snack ;)

• 3 months later...

Looks like the SF shareholders have approved the merger overwhelmingly. Just has to pass the DOJ review, which I think will be quick. I'm fascinated/terrified/hopeful how all this works out.

1 hour ago, DannySixFlags said:

Does this mean Six Flags is going to use Snoopy now?? Snoopy doesn't mix with Looney Tunes or DC, IMHO. Not even his alter-ego The Masked Marvel.

I would imagine that Warner Brothers would want top dollar for Looney Toons characters that have not been relevant in this   millennium or generation of children.  The few Looney Toon episodes that were on HBO Max had all the guns, dynamite and other violence censored.  It was absolutely worthless.  At least Charie Brown specials still show up at the holidays.  They will probably want a lot of money for DC superheroes when that genre is dying.  I am guessing generic coaster names and Peanuts characters are the cheaper option and it has worked for Cedar Fair.  Do you really need to ride on a coaster named Superman at Magic Mountain that is always broken or barely makes it up the tower?  How about renaming it The Barely Functional Intamin?

23 minutes ago, SoCalJasonland said:

I would imagine that Warner Brothers would want top dollar for Looney Toons characters that have not been relevant in this   millennium or generation of children.  The few Looney Toon episodes that were on HBO Max had all the guns, dynamite and other violence censored.  It was absolutely worthless.  At least Charie Brown specials still show up at the holidays.  They will probably want a lot of money for DC superheroes when that genre is dying.  I am guessing generic coaster names and Peanuts characters are the cheaper option and it has worked for Cedar Fair.  Do you really need to ride on a coaster named Superman at Magic Mountain that is always broken or barely makes it up the tower?  How about renaming it The Barely Functional Intamin?

I'm actually a fan of Looney Tunes and DC, and I like them more than Snoopy. Superheroes will never die.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, DannySixFlags said:

I'm actually a fan of Looney Tunes and DC, and I like them more than Snoopy. Superheroes will never die.

I like them too but I am 54 and I don't think they care about me.  I am guessing it is all what have they done lately?  Where can you find uncensored classic Looney Toons, besides used CDs/VCR tapes and what was the last DC movie to be extremely profitable?  We know its called Six Flags but Cedar Fair will be pulling the strings.  Do they want to make to sets of commercials with different IPs?  Will Warner Borthers or Peanuts be more reasonable in licensing for the children areas?  Will Cedar Fair see value in IPs for their adult rides?  Poor old Six Flags has a lot of debt coming due and it constantly refinances at current interest rates.  I am guessing major cost cutting if this merger goes through as debt servicing costs will soar.

SFFT is currently spending a huge amount of $$ retheming the Kid's area into a huge expansion of the "DC Universe"

including naming the new dueling racing coaster, Kid Flash.    Repainting (awesomely, by the way, it looks AMAZING) zoom jets, into Green Lantern.   And Skyscreamer into "Supergirl"

and the new area will have the "Metropolis Railway" monorail.

the DC characters are not going anywhere.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bert425 said:

SFFT is currently spending a huge amount of $$ retheming the Kid's area into a huge expansion of the "DC Universe"

including naming the new dueling racing coaster, Kid Flash.    Repainting (awesomely, by the way, it looks AMAZING) zoom jets, into Green Lantern.   And Skyscreamer into "Supergirl"

and the new area will have the "Metropolis Railway" monorail.

the DC characters are not going anywhere.

And another Cyborg ride (personally, they should have a John Stewart ride too.)

^ I think the GL ride is not specific to WHICH GL. . . so that will count to cover all.

(unless they slap a giant Hal Jordan on top - currently it's just the pole, so I'm assuming a big GL Logo symbol will go there)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bert425 said:

^ I think the GL ride is not specific to WHICH GL. . . so that will count to cover all.

(unless they slap a giant Hal Jordan on top - currently it's just the pole, so I'm assuming a big GL Logo symbol will go there)

More people know Hal Jordan; so it's probably gonna be him.

38 minutes ago, DannySixFlags said:

More people know Hal Jordan; so it's probably gonna be him.

I REALLY think this is a Generic GL ride.

why I think this?

Here's the slide Jeffery shared in Jan. at Winterfest for the new Character interactions in the DC Universe when the new sections open:

Jessica Cruz, Hal Jordan, and John Stewart are all walk around GL's   :)

IMG_7448.JPG

33 minutes ago, bert425 said:

I REALLY think this is a Generic GL ride.

why I think this?

Here's the slide Jeffery shared in Jan. at Winterfest for the new Character interactions in the DC Universe when the new sections open:

Jessica Cruz, Hal Jordan, and John Stewart are all walk around GL's   :)

IMG_7448.JPG

Is Cyborg gonna be meetable??

On 3/15/2024 at 10:45 AM, teacherkim said:

Looks like the SF shareholders have approved the merger overwhelmingly. Just has to pass the DOJ review, which I think will be quick. I'm fascinated/terrified/hopeful how all this works out.

I don't think the DOJ will be an easy hurdle to overcome. I've said this from the beginning. It's not that the parks will compete, it's just DOJ doesn't like mergers period. We shall soon see. Cedar Fair is still saying this will be complete by the end of June.