TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Michigan's Adventure (MiA) Discussion Thread

• 3 weeks later...

Definitely no need for Fastlane! I'd think you'd have a pretty decent visit in September, as it's really only packed during the height of the Summer vacationing season to Lake Michigan. On the down side, there is no Wildwater Adventure that weekend. Which means that the ride park will be busier than usual during the afternoon, and also that you won't get to experience the second best part of the park (after Shivering Timbers.) Still, Timbers alone is worth the trip, so I say go for it!

You need to go experience Shivering Timbers. The rest of the park is merely okay, but Shivering Timbers is one of the best wooden roller coasters out there. You're really only going to that park for that one ride, but it's totally worth it.

Agreed!

You need to go experience Shivering Timbers. The rest of the park is merely okay, but Shivering Timbers is one of the best wooden roller coasters out there. You're really only going to that park for that one ride, but it's totally worth it.

Has it been retracked recently? Last time I rode it was the year Leviathan was new and we stopped here on the way back. Both ST and WW were pretty rough. Not like Wilde Beast and Mindbuster rough but still rougher than we remembered them being last time we stopped in

Has it been retracked recently? Last time I rode it was the year Leviathan was new and we stopped here on the way back. Both ST and WW were pretty rough. Not like Wilde Beast and Mindbuster rough but still rougher than we remembered them being last time we stopped in

The worst part of the ride the the helix finale, and yes, it was retracked a couple of years ago, and rides like a dream now! The trick-track element is still a little jarring, but it adds to the character of the ride.

The worst part of the ride the the helix finale, and yes, it was retracked a couple of years ago, and rides like a dream now! The trick-track element is still a little jarring, but it adds to the character of the ride.

I believe first and 2nd drop were redone last year. Third and 5th hill this year along with sections of the return trip. Actually pretty smooth this year. Wildcat was running the best I have ever seen it

Thanks everyone! I was having doubts about going because I was waiting for a MAJOR addition to be added before I visit this park, but that seems unlikely for now. I had plans to visit Six Flags Great America, unfortunately, the park will be closed because they're preparing for Fright Fest. I'm excited either way and going to have fun regardless. Even though it's not a bigger park, I'm sure to have a great time!

Thanks everyone! I was having doubts about going because I was waiting for a MAJOR addition to be added before I visit this park

If you (or I, or anybody) were waiting for a MAJOR addition at MiA to visit, this is what we's all end up looking like...

Again, you're going to love Shivering Timbers! No need to put that off any longer, if you have an opportunity to go!

Again, you're going to love Shivering Timbers! No need to put that off any longer, if you have an opportunity to go!

This. Check out my trip report on page 148 of this thread ThemeParkJunkie. It was my first ever visit to the park and I loved Shivering Timbers so much that it is in my top three wooden coasters ridden and top ten overall. It was very smooth and offered airtime after airtime after airtime. A great coaster.

Guys I might be over hyping this but they are testing the new train right now. It's still having problems but they're running the two at once! Although they only have two cars on the new one... And they aren't loading it yet... But it's finally happening!

Edit: it's need 30 sequential and 50 total cycles in order to open tomorrow. Here's two pictures I managed to snap: (sorry that they have horrible photographic value but they have what they need)

image.thumb.jpeg.432d2be3e0a7fb8049fdbdffda228db8.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.432d2be3e0a7fb8049fdbdffda228db8.jpeg

Edit 2: On Saturday the train was (almost) fully operational. The almost comes in because they were loading it but only had two cars on It. However Saturday was apparently the busiest day of the year, and never has over a two train wait. In other news Shivering Timbers is a completely different coaster at night and anyone who wants to fight Saturday crowds for a night ride should.

image.thumb.jpeg.3f7d87418b517541b1d8dae16244aa56.jpeg

Looked up building permits for MIA and came across a new Maintenance building behind the new training center. That furthers my thoughts of them removing the old maintenance building and doing a waterpark expansion!

Is there an online building permit search?

I've been following along with Valleyfair's upcoming annoucement and doing general surveying of maps. Noticed that they used to have "Hydroblaster" like this park does, but was removed for SC expansion. I could see that happening at MA as well. There's a lot of space there for true water park slides.

Is there an online building permit search?

I've been following along with Valleyfair's upcoming annoucement and doing general surveying of maps. Noticed that they used to have "Hydroblaster" like this park does, but was removed for SC expansion. I could see that happening at MA as well. There's a lot of space there for true water park slides.

I actually emailed fruitland and dalton townships. The park is in both counties and there used to me emailing them every year hahahahaha

If you rifled through both there websites you might be able to stumble across it.

Oh haha, guess that works. I've tried their websites, but they are rather simplistic, last I looked. When I was at the park last weekend, it didn't look like they've made much vertical progress with the building, just moving dirt around. Of course, I didn't go up close and inspect. Was looking from the water park.

Heading to the park on Wednesday. I'm not much of a waterpark-person so I'll probably just marathon ride Shivering Timbers.

This is a solid plan. Shivering Timbers alone is worth the price of admission. Especially if you have a Platinum Pass and admission is free.

So what do you think of Michigan's adventures new for 2017 attraction?....oh

If you thought you liked what they got this year, just wait till you see what they have up there sleeves for next year.

A new maintenance building!

So what do you think of Michigan's adventures new for 2017 attraction?....oh

If you thought you liked what they got this year, just wait till you see what they have up there sleeves for next year.

A new maintenance building!