TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Michigan's Adventure (MiA) Discussion Thread

Sorry to be that guy. But I saw next weekend is opening weekend. I may be about an hour and a half away at the Race track. was thinking i may get away Sunday and check out the park How busy bad do the lines get on a busy day at Michigan's Adventure.

You'll be fine. Mad Mouse is the only coaster that ever carries a significant line. Shivering Timbers may get to 20-30 mins but I wouldn't expect to wait any longer than that. It really is a great little park and Timbers alone is worth a visit.

I've posted this in a few places, but if Cedar Fair were to do a ride relocation I would suggest the following:

Knotts' Boomerang ------> Great America or Kings Dominion

Wonderland's Time Warp ------> Michigans Adventure or Worlds of Fun

Wonderland's Flight Deck ------> Valleyfair

Wonderland ------> new B&M Inverted

That's okay. Here's a photo showing the supports connecting to concrete footers for Time Warp. It's mostly grass and a little bit of concrete underneath.

34f14a8ea500ca77532cb917e0c09d2b.jpg

Are Time Warp's supports really different colors? It Looks like they ran out of aqua paint and had to finish it with blue.

I think Time Warp would be a great fit. Thunderhawk was big with the locals as it was an Inverted Coaster. Time Warp is 1 step ahead of that as it is a laydown. I'm sure the GP doesn't know that Time Warp is rough.

That's okay. Here's a photo showing the supports connecting to concrete footers for Time Warp. It's mostly grass and a little bit of concrete underneath.

34f14a8ea500ca77532cb917e0c09d2b.jpg

Are Time Warp's supports really different colors? It Looks like they ran out of aqua paint and had to finish it with blue.

I think Time Warp would be a great fit. Thunderhawk was big with the locals as it was an Inverted Coaster. Time Warp is 1 step ahead of that as it is a laydown. I'm sure the GP doesn't know that Time Warp is rough.

That was an older photo, possibly when it was known as Tomb Raider: The Ride (2004-2007). The supports were repainted a dark blue, and the track was repainted a darker yellow for the 2013 season. I find it quite interesting how some people find it rough while other people find it smooth. The only good thing about Time Warp is its barrel rolls! I'm sure that if it were to be relocated to Michigan's Adventure it would be renamed and repainted to better suit the park.

Sorry to be that guy. But I saw next weekend is opening weekend. I may be about an hour and a half away at the Race track. was thinking i may get away Sunday and check out the park How busy bad do the lines get on a busy day at Michigan's Adventure.

You'll be fine. Mad Mouse is the only coaster that ever carries a significant line. Shivering Timbers may get to 20-30 mins but I wouldn't expect to wait any longer than that. It really is a great little park and Timbers alone is worth a visit.

I've actually waited longer for wolverine wildcat than the mouse coaster. With only a 1 train operation, I recommend hitting it before the crowds do.

Count me in as somebody else who doesn't think Time Warp is a great coaster, but would actually be a really solid addition to Michigan's Adventure! People will think it's a new coaster, just like they did with Thunderhawk, and with how badly they starve the fans of the park (and even the GP Michiganders I talk to) for new coasters, they'll take anything, even if it's not great, and like it (again, as evidenced by Thunderhawk.)

I would be pretty disappointed if MiA got Time Warp, to be honest. I know "patterns" shouldn't be read into, but if we're going to getting one roller coaster every ten years...

I'm not too worried, though. I'd say there's about a half a percent chance of getting any used ride from a Cedar Fair park, let alone Time Warp, given how outspoken Ouimet is as an opponent of ride relocations.

I don't think MiA is getting a relocated coaster. In this interview, http://www.latimes.com/travel/themeparks/la-trb-cedar-fair-coasters-20150827-story.html , Matt Ouimet doesn’t see coaster relocations as a viable business model. “If a ride is really popular, you don’t want to take it out,” Ouimet said. “And if it’s not, then it’s probably outlived its longevity anyway.”

If Time Warp and Flight Deck are indeed heading out of CW, then it's probably to the scrap yard or being sold. CW is going to get a big new shiny B&M invert while MiA may see a petting farm expansion in the form of a few new goats and lamas.

I don't think MiA is getting a relocated coaster. In this interview, http://www.latimes.com/travel/themeparks/la-trb-cedar-fair-coasters-20150827-story.html , Matt Ouimet doesn’t see coaster relocations as a viable business model. “If a ride is really popular, you don’t want to take it out,” Ouimet said. “And if it’s not, then it’s probably outlived its longevity anyway.”

If Time Warp and Flight Deck are indeed heading out of CW, then it's probably to the scrap yard or being sold. CW is going to get a big new shiny B&M invert while MiA may see a petting farm expansion in the form of a few new goats and lamas.

You're more than likely correct. I remember reading that article when it came out. Flight Deck and Time Warp are still in good to great condition so; they'll probably get sold to other parks outside the Cedar Fair chain, in North America or around the world.

Count me in as somebody else who doesn't think Time Warp is a great coaster, but would actually be a really solid addition to Michigan's Adventure! People will think it's a new coaster, just like they did with Thunderhawk, and with how badly they starve the fans of the park (and even the GP Michiganders I talk to) for new coasters, they'll take anything, even if it's not great, and like it (again, as evidenced by Thunderhawk.)

It would be rather disappointing if MiA got another relocated roller coaster--not that I have anything against Time Warp in particular. The park already has a mediocre coaster lineup as it is, though....

It would be rather disappointing if MiA got another relocated roller coaster--not that I have anything against Time Warp in particular. The park already has a mediocre coaster lineup as it is, though....

You'll get no argument from me there! I'm just trying to keep expectations low, since CF has made it abundantly clear they don't give a rat's behind about what the people of Michigan want for the park, as long they're still bringing in the highest profit margins in the chain...

I'm going to be here in about a week and a half, and I'm not opposed to getting a Fast Lane to get time in the waterpark. I know I like Tornadoes. Sell me on the rest of the waterpark. What else is worth getting a Fast Lane to ensure I get time to ride?

With the recent rumors of Canada's Wonderland possibly removing Time Warp, and Knott's possibly removing Boomerang, MA could possibly be seeing two new the park coasters soon. I wouldn't expect them to be scrapped and MA would be the most logical park in the chain to receive such coasters.

Great idea if they replace the regular trains for the new restraints for Boomerang. I know it's Michigan's Adventure, but they can spare $2 million every 20 years I hope.

That works out great! I would rather see Canada's Wonderland's Time Warp removed and sent to MiA that Knott's Boomerang. Knotts has already lost their screamin swing and riptide and I don't want to see another ride in their grave yard.

I thought we have already covered this ground? The water system was put in place for the 2016 new attraction. And I have some great news to share! After working around the clock for the past 6 months, the new fountain will be ready by opening day thanks to all the hard work and effort put in place by the entire Michigan's adventure crew.

Screenshot_20160503-093840.thumb.png.78bb6fc53a24684eda6a5d3ad9f78ae8.png

I'm actually really surprised MiA hasn't acquired a Boomerang already. For the size of the park, it makes sense. And its not an expensive Coaster and easy to market.

It never showed up in my trending feed... Apparently you spend too much time doing online things pertaining to Michigan's Adventure, that its mere opening is of great news significance to your personal feed!

It never showed up in my trending feed... Apparently you spend too much time doing online things pertaining to Michigan's Adventure, that its mere opening is of great news significance to your personal feed!

I've only heard of Dave Mira once and don't like the Price is Right. I don't think it's based on personal preferences