TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Weirdest Things The 'GP' Have Said

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is one that irritates me abit. It was a comment on a video of verbolten, with the th13teen vs verbolten freefall drop thing. Personally I don't really care about the th13teen vs verbolten. But I don't like it when people don't say the facts.

13 at alton towers is a moterized drop. this is an actual frefall with brakes on it.

Weirdest thing I've heard from friends of mine:

"I went to Magic Mountain and all I rode was the carousel"

"I went to Magic Mountain and all I rode was the swings"

My reaction:

I don't understand why someone would pay to go to a park that is 90% coasters if they don't like coasters....

Maybe I just misheard something, but I swear this is what happened.

I was flipping channels on TV until I came across NBCsports where I saw some guy talking about a bmx bike stunt (Red Bull challenge, trying to get 27 feet of air). At one point, he stated the rider would come down a ramp at 55mph and pull "3.8g's; more than on any rollercoaster."

To which my immediate reaction was to blurt out "FALSE!" If someone else saw this, please tell me if I indeed misheard it.

While I was at BGW back in April. A black girl (not being racist) was passing everyone on line for Alpengeist. I purposly blocked her from passing me. Then she pulled the "Excuse me" trick. I didn't buy it so I asked, "Where are you going?". She also pulled the old "I have to get to my family" trick. I still wasn't buying it. So I asked "Why didn't you come into line with them?" She said, "I had to use the bathroom". I was done arguing so I just let her go. A few minutes later, I was watching a train come into the brake run, like I always do. An all white front row came and I didn't see the girl. The next train comes and there were 3 white people and the girl! So I watch the next train and still all white people. So I was mad at myself for not making her wait behind me.

While I was at BGW back in April. A black girl (not being racist) was passing everyone on line for Alpengeist. I purposly blocked her from passing me. Then she pulled the "Excuse me" trick. I didn't buy it so I asked, "Where are you going?". She also pulled the old "I have to get to my family" trick. I still wasn't buying it. So I asked "Why didn't you come into line with them?" She said, "I had to use the bathroom". I was done arguing so I just let her go. A few minutes later, I was watching a train come into the brake run, like I always do. An all white front row came and I didn't see the girl. The next train comes and there were 3 white people and the girl! So I watch the next train and still all white people. So I was mad at myself for not making her wait behind me.

It sucks when situations like that happen. Of course, you can indirectly rant, in hopes that just maybe they'll get the hint or maybe a ride attendant will hear what's going on. Why I say that? I know I shared this story before last year but there was a group of 4 girls who were exiting the log flume at CGA. The exit path runs right along with the entry for about 20 feet. The 4 girls hop the rails right in front of me to get back in line. A 5th one manages to slip by when I indirectly vocalize about the line jumping/cutters. Somehow my rant got relayed to those at the station a distance away as the 5 girls were pulled aside and were instructed to go to the end. My guess is that the worker at the photo stall along the exit (right next to where the cutting incident happened) contacted those at the station. Either way, it was a fail on their behalf. I did however feel sorry for the attendants as they had to put up with the whiny girls. Of course, if you do any of this, do so at your own risk...know the type of people you're doing this to.

And of course the one I kind of had no choice but to let slip by (as if I did try something, there would have probably been a problem) when in line for the same ride, a group of buff-ish guys go barging their way through. Watching what's going on, I deliberately block the queue as they push their way through claiming to be 'security.' Yea, some security to meet up with their friends about 20 people ahead of me.

Lastly, my cousin, some other GP around me and I experienced the group of 5 who were doing the beer run for their friends when waiting in line for one of CGA's haunt mazes. All of us were complaining as the people were saying "we were just grabbing something to drink, I don't see what the big problem is." Afterwards, we kindly informed the blackout at the maze entrance about the guys she just let into the maze. Sure nothing could have been done at that moment but just to make the workers aware of issues going on could be a help down the road.

I remember discussing Indiana Jones @ DLR with my first grade teacher. She was adamant that the boulder at the end was on a track; to this day, I'm not entirely sure but I do know that the walls move.

The ball is on a track and the walls move:

Indy is a ride nobody really understands, lots of misinformation surrounding it.

I remember last year, I went to Great Adventure with my friend Andrew for his birthday. Andrew is also a coaster enthusiest. After getting my Thrill Pass processed and riding Green Lantern, we headed for Kingda Ka. We were about to be allowed into the station, when a couple of guys in front of us were in awe with the launch. Then one of them blurted out, "WOW! ZERO TO SIXTY!". All we could do is laugh.

I could post a bunch of stuff from a book I have. For example: it says Griffon at BGW was the world's first floorless coaster. Also, it has a top 10 countdown: #1 and #2 are Kingda Ka and TTD, respectively.

I have that book too, and it's silly. Maybe they were confused with the whole floorless/dive thing but SheiKra was still the first floorless diver.

At SFNE:

Lady in line for Thunderbolt: "We came up from SFGAdv because we have season passes. They have a ride there, Kingda Ka, it goes like 60 mph!"

At SFA, after S:RoS:

Person 1: "This is the same height as Kingda Ka, right?"

Person 2: "Nah man, it's like 100 feet taller."

Person 1: "No way, it's 50 ft taller at most."

Some guy trying to explain airtime: "Yeah airtime is when the air gets under you and pushes you out of your seat."

A couple of Cedar Point reviews on tripadvisor

I think of Cedar Point as an overall, outstanding park. However, on our last visit (probably my real last visit), I took my daughter on the Thunder Canyon ride. We put our belongings, like a lot of other riders, on the wooden storage bins near the ride. After the ride completion, many of the riders found their property stolen. - I lost a cell phone

The park offered nothing for our loss and not even a return ticket to make up for what we just spent for the the few minutes there

why should the park compensate for the actions of a few selfish toerags? (and just keep your cellphone on you - in a plastic bag if on a water ride)

and from a single female:

“Forced to ride with sex offenders BEWARE”

I hated being forced to ride with strangers without warning before I wasted my time standing in line. There should be a single rider line, and sign prior. Single thrill seekers should have the right to ride by themselves. Not to be groped and molested while going up the hill or any other time either.

I Tried to plead with the ride staff, all they said was "don't ride then." This probably happens a lot there since It was three different strangers on three different rides.