TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Weirdest Things The 'GP' Have Said

My Spanish teacher has an 'expression of the week' posted outside the classroom, and this week's is "Algo es algo", which means "It's better than nothing" in English. If you try to translate it directly word for word it doesn't make sense, but that's what it means. SFMM, beware, more people than you think are onto your new slogan!

What she said: It's better than nothing

What it really is: Something is Something

Yes that's what it translates into English, but if you were in Mexico or Spain, and you said it, they would know that it was 'It's better than nothing'

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I was loading our junior coaster, Comet, this past labor day weekend, some lady asked me, "Is this the Crystal Beach Comet?" Kindly, I replied, "no, our Comet coaster has only operated here at Waldameer." For some reason this wasn't enough of an answer for her, and she insisted that our Comet was once the Crystal Beach Comet. She didn't even like it when I said the Crystal Beach Comet which is much larger than our Comet is in a park in the Eastern part of New York. I really think she thought roller coasters were almost all as small as today's "junior" coasters.

Geez lady, wooden coasters weren't all that small back in the day.

I was in line to ride Kingda Ka this past Saturday and there were two women and a man in front of me who were discussing what they perceived (or at least the two women) as the impossibility that the train would make it up and over the top. The two women swore up and down that the train would never be able to make it (not that it would have a roll-back, but that the ride simply wasn't designed that way...gee, what's the point of building it that way if it never made it over the top hat!? ), and the man argued that it would be able to make it. Well, in a few seconds a train was dispatched and (not sure how long they had been standing there, as the line was just beyond the exit walkway when I got behind them) the naysayers were of course proven wrong. They didn't say anything at all after that for a while.

I also heard some other strange commentary while waiting for KK that morning, but that was the most memorable.

I was in line to ride Kingda Ka this past Saturday and there were two women and a man in front of me who were discussing what they perceived (or at least the two women) as the impossibility that the train would make it up and over the top. The two women swore up and down that the train would never be able to make it (not that it would have a roll-back, but that the ride simply wasn't designed that way...gee, what's the point of building it that way if it never made it over the top hat!? ), and the man argued that it would be able to make it. Well, in a few seconds a train was dispatched and (not sure how long they had been standing there, as the line was just beyond the exit walkway when I got behind them) the naysayers were of course proven wrong. They didn't say anything at all after that for a while.

I also heard some other strange commentary while waiting for KK that morning, but that was the most memorable.

Thank God there was no rollback at that moment.

Thank God there was no rollback at that moment.

After getting off of Mean Streak, the train was pulling into the station, so the gates getting across the midway were down. Upon the train pull8ng into the station and stopping, the lady in front of me took one look at the steam engine, tuen leaned over to her husband and told him- "We're not riding that train. It's unsafe! Look at it, it's overheating!!"

I thought she was joking, until her husband started making fun of her. Lol!

EDIT- Corrected my horrible attempt at typing! Don't drink and post .

Edited by DanM64

How could I forget this one?

I was working on my senior project in the media center at my high school when I heard some kids behind me planning what they were going to do for Senior Skip Day. We're in southwestern Ohio, remember that. Anyway, they were trying to decide between Six Flags and Kings Island. The closest Six Flags park to us is Great America. When one of them questioned the group's decision, the kid questioned replied "Six Flags has better coasters!" We're easily more than four hours from a Six Flags park, I honestly wish I could see where they ended up!

This came directly from a coworker of mine today, I didn't even know how to respond. He said "Yeah I feel like it's time for Knott's to take out Xcelerator and put something else in it's place. It's not that great and no one would notice it's gone." He was being completely serious lol.

This came directly from a coworker of mine today, I didn't even know how to respond. He said "Yeah I feel like it's time for Knott's to take out Xcelerator and put something else in it's place. It's not that great and no one would notice it's gone." He was being completely serious lol.

This one is great.

I was at Kings Dominion yesterday, and while waiting in line for I305, I happened to be in front of a kid who thought he was a know-it-all in everything from the coaster to politics. Here are some of my favorite things he said to the older gentleman he was with:

"[i305] is the tallest coaster on the East Coast! Know what the tallest coaster in the world is? Kingda Ka!"

"I want to sit on the left side, it's less scary. Wait.....which side goes fastest?"

*Points to anti-rollbacks* "That's the backup lift. It's not as fast as the cable."

*Points to first airtime hill* "That's where I'm going to black out!"

And this one isn't theme park related, but I thought it deserved a mention.

"Why did John F. Kennedy get to serve eight terms?"