TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Weirdest Things The 'GP' Have Said

I was at Disney's Hollywood Studios Saturday-

1. Kid on Tower of Terror- THIS IS THE BEST ROLLERCOASTER I'VE EVER BEEN ON!

2. Some Chicks waiting for the Great Movie Ride as I'm getting off-"Is this ride good?" (In retrospect I should've said "No, It's GREAT!")

It was a pretty fun day, also a ton of GP remarks from my parents and family.

Thanks Andrew (Pufferfish) for hanging out with me! I had a ton of fun!

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2. Some Chicks waiting for the Great Movie Ride as I'm getting off-"Is this ride good?" (In retrospect I should've said "No, It's GREAT!")

Uh, yea it is. And no, I'm not being sarcastic. It's a great ride.

Oh yeah it is a great ride! Really it can all come down to how the guide is, We had an OK guide on my tour. He was a bit un-enthusiastic...Our Bank Robber was pretty good, I wish he would've interacted with us (We were in the front row). My favorite part of the ride has to be the Ride system/cars, its really cool to watch that!

As for another GP- My Sister (and Several others I noticed) Repeatedly referred to Rockin' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith as Rockit' and my sister asked me several times if we got to choose our music. Interesting that Rockit' seems to have more of an influence than Rockin' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith.

What's with the GP in thinking that when a ride is rough, it is automatically 'old'? All wood coasters are 'old'. All SLC's are 'old'. Also, all smooth coasters are 'new'. So, that means that WDW's BTMR (1980) is newer than an SLC (1995-on).

Also, I am not really a big fan of the Disney experience. Sure their dark rides are awesome, but the overall operations seem to get worse with every visit. Anyway, I had a conversation with someone that went like this:

Other person: How many roller coasters are at Disneyland?

Me: Do you mean just Disneyland or the entire resort?

Other person: The entrie resort

Me: six

Other person: That's impossible! They have way more than that!

Here is another one that has happened to me SEVERAL times from different people!

Me: Have you heard of Six Flags Magic Mountain?

Other person: What?

Me: It is a theme park in Southern California

Other person: Is that a part of Disneyland?

Me: (Mental facepalm) No. It is its own separate park.

[usually it ends here. But, once it kept going]

Other person: Is that the place that is across from Disneyland?

Me: No. That is California Adventure. Magic Mountain is its own separate park.

Other person: Is it the place that is really close to Disneyland?

Me: No. That's Knott's Berry Farm. Magic Mountain is in Valencia.

Other person: Oh. I thought those were the only two theme parks in California!

Me: [Mental facepalm, again!]

The worst part was, I had this coversation when I was about ten, speaking to someone in her twenties!

^ Lol... no one ever knows anything about the coasters of Disneyland... some people have told me that Space Mtn didn't count as a coaster cause it didn't go fast enough. IMPO there are 7 coasters at DLR though... but that would have confused them which leads me to mine.

2 years or so ago me and a fried were at IOA in line for Dragon's Challenge... then dueling dragons.

Me:Which side do you want?

Him: Theyre both the exact same!

Me: Dude... they're not racing coaster theyre dueling coasters.

Him: See that loop there... both of them have it.

Me: See that cobra roll right there(busting out my nerd terms) only blue has it.

In the end I just said "red" and we went on it because I prefer pretty forceful inverts and I had heard red was more forceful than blue... either way it ruled.

^ Lol... no one ever knows anything about the coasters of Disneyland... some people have told me that Space Mtn didn't count as a coaster cause it didn't go fast enough. IMPO there are 7 coasters at DLR though... but that would have confused them which leads me to mine.

Lets see:

Space Mountain

BTMR

Matterhorn

GGC

CaS

GSS

Would you mind naming me the seventh?

In addition to what I said above, many people have a difficult time grasping the fact that their local SF park probably has more coasters and thrill rides than DRL, one just has more family rides. I even just heard the following today!

I want to go to Six Flags Magic Mountain in Buena Park to ride Flight Deck!

What!? I really feel like a dumb GP magnet now! (I can't even count how many times I have posted in this thread!)

A conversation with me and my non-coaster-enthusiast friend today:

Her: I don't think coasters can go backwards and they can't be two hundred feet tall.

Me: Yeah, they can.

Her: How do you know?

Me: I've been on two backwards coasters and I'm going to Behemoth this summer.

Her: It's an illusion. They lie.

Me: *mental facepalm* I'll take pictures.

Usually, i don't like labeling myself as a GP. But, the last time i was at DLR, i was looking foward to translating the writing on the walls for the Indiana Jones queue. (I even had a small book with Disneyland facts that i taped the IJA key into.) Anyway, i made the stupid decision to get a fastpass going against my original plan. On top of me going on the other rides, and getting totally over-excited never doing that again

^ I hear that a lot to! Some people thought that the resin that V2 has a maximum height limit is because you would get your feet cut off by the supports. They were kind of close.

I have a few from SFDK today-

Kid in line for roar "Does this ride go upside down mommy?"

Mom "I don't know" Turns to ride op " Does this ride go upside down?"

Ride op "No"

Kid "Are you sure?"

Mom "Honey, its just a roller coaster it doesn't do loop de loops!"

WTF? 1. The ride is in front of you, and if you are still unsure of what it will do, ask BEFORE you ride.

2. There are roller coasters that do inversions all over that park! So why do you think that roller coasters won't go upside down?

#.For that last time, inversions are NOT called loop de loops!

In line for Sky Screamer-

Lady, "Wow, this ride goes 50ft!"

The funnest thing about this is that she seemed very impressed!

This on isn't that GP ish but I thought it was funny(But VERY nerdy). My friend, knowing im a big theme park/coaster nerd asked me in line for Medusa-

"So, who made this ride"

Me "B&M"

"What does that stand for?"

Me "Bolliger & Mabillard"

"Bollagar & Malendia?"

Me "No, Bolliger & Mabillard"

This kept going on for like 2 minutes intil I texted the name on my phone and he finally got it, he forgot the D in Mabillard though.

Today while in line for Kong (Vekoma SLC) at SFDK

'Don't put your hands up, of they'll get chopped off"

LOL. I don't know if I've heard that as many times in line for Kong as I've heard it about Roar. For the longest time I was afraid to put my arms up too high in those tunnels. Now I know there's plenty of clearance, but I still always see at least on person who puts his/her arms down only in the tunnels. xD

This on isn't that GP ish but I thought it was funny(But VERY nerdy). My friend, knowing im a big theme park/coaster nerd asked me in line for Medusa-

"So, who made this ride"

Me "B&M"

"What does that stand for?"

Me "Bolliger & Mabillard"

"Bollagar & Malendia?"

Me "No, Bolliger & Mabillard"

This kept going on for like 2 minutes intil I texted the name on my phone and he finally got it, he forgot the D in Mabillard though.

LOL I do that to my friends and family all the time. But it makes me LOL when they ask "what's the name of this ride?" when I've been babbling about the ride the whole time! My dad still doesn't know "Kingda Ka" even though I've pretty much talked about it since it opened. I'm still mad that it got struck by lightening the ONE AND ONLY year I went to the east coast. >_>

That reminds me of when I was at BGA two weeks ago. In line for the skyride, and the attendant said plenty of times that it was 3 persons per gondola. Well, wouldn't you know that a group of 4 middle school girls tried to get on one, so the guy said no. So they kicked on out of the group. There were still other girls from the same school (same t-shirt), so she asked if they would ride with her. They didn't.

I heard two good ones this on my FL trip:

In front of Posideon's Fury at Islands of Adventure:

Person: Is this Indiana Jones?

In line for ShieKra at Busch Gardens Tampa:

Person looking at my WCB 2011 shirt: West Coast Bash...say, isn't that a Six Flags Park in Georgia?

Person looking at my WCB 2011 shirt: West Coast Bash...say, isn't that a Six Flags Park in Georgia?

*facepalm*

That is actually one of the stupider things I have ever read in this thread. That is not a typical GP comment, that is just plain stupidity and ignorance.

*facepalm*

That is actually one of the stupider things I have ever read in this thread. That is not a typical GP comment, that is just plain stupidity and ignorance.

Six Flags West Coast Bash. Almost makes me want to actually build a park in RCT3 and name it that.