TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Weirdest Things The 'GP' Have Said

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The following was spoken while in line for Mind Eraser at Six Flags New England...

Girl 1: Are you sure this doesn't have inversions?

Girl 2 & Boy: Look see the seats hang from the track, so there's no way it'll go upside down.

(I can neither confirm nor deny that theses are the words of my friends.)

The following was spoken while in line for Mind Eraser at Six Flags New England...

Girl 1: Are you sure this doesn't have inversions?

Girl 2 & Boy: Look see the seats hang from the track, so there's no way it'll go upside down.

(I can neither confirm nor deny that theses are the words of my friends.)

The GP really do leave their brains at home when they go to the park.

I have heard someone say "I don't really want to go to SFDK. I have driven by there. The roller coasters just look so boring compared to Disneyland.

That one even got a mental facepalm from some of my GP friends!

In line for the Haunted Mansion at Knoebels a few weeks ago...

Girl's Mother: "Do you think this ride is scary?"

Girl (about 5): "This ride is a little scary but the roller coaster is a lot scary. It goes all the way up to Jesus!"

She was completely serious about it too.

In line for the Haunted Mansion at Knoebels a few weeks ago...

Girl's Mother: "Do you think this ride is scary?"

Girl (about 5): "This ride is a little scary but the roller coaster is a lot scary. It goes all the way up to Jesus!"

She was completely serious about it too.

To be fair, Jesus is really high *insert hippie Jesus pic*

Just answered a Facebook question asked by SFMM. The question was: "It is the first day of summer and it is HOT! What's your favorite way too cool off at SFMM?" As I looked down the list, I see that there are two votes for, get this, Perilous Plunge. Seriously?

Saw this comment on Robb's video of Nio at Mitsui Greenland:

Reminds me of X2 at six flags kentucky kingdom.

I think he/she probably meant T2... Those two keys are pretty far apart for it to be a typo, though.

Here's a description of a ride called "Shakira" at Busch Gardens from one of my friends:

"It stops, the you go back up a bit, then you go down a little bit, then it launches you down!"

Edited by Smk

I was just talking to my friend on Facebook about his trip to Japan, and I wanted to post a screen shot, but it had a lot of names in it that I didn't feel like blacking out. He said:

Universal Studios Japan sucks. The roller coaster doesn't even go upside down.

... *sigh

I just heard from my sister in Las Vegas that Circus Circus bought speed: The Ride. however the water ride will be no more, but they want to build another coaster in its place. so speed isn't dead yet

^And you know this to be true...because?

my sister who lives in vegas told me

As seen on the Speed: The Ride Thread

http://themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=58414

I just heard from my sister in Las Vegas that Circus Circus bought speed: The Ride. however the water ride will be no more, but they want to build another coaster in its place. so speed isn't dead yet

^And you know this to be true...because?

my sister who lives in vegas told me

As seen on the Speed: The Ride Thread

http://themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=58414

I think this quote would fit better on this thread. But still funny!

Here are three great comments I heard while at Canobie today.

(Girl is about 3/4 of the way through Untamed's line and sees it at the bottom of the lift hill)- How fast do you think this is launched up the hill? It must be fast since I haven't seen one launch yet.

(Boy is telling his friend his favorite rides)- Untamed is my favorite ride followed by the Corkscrew. After that the rest are all pretty even since they just do drops and spins. Loops make a ride stand out.

(2 boys walk up to the Boston Tea Party)

Boy 1- Will this get us wet?

Boy 2- I don't know. Let's watch.

(Boat goes down drop and makes a gigantic splash, soaking both boys)

I herd a few from my visit to Mt Olympus the other day-

Girl in line for hades- "What ride is that", pointing to the opening of hades, "Is that the red one?"

Friend-"No, that one's over there" pointing to the Pegasus area"

Other friend- " Hades IS the red one stupid!"

In line for Cyclops-

Girl- "Man, this sucks! There only running one roller coaster!"

Friend-"What are you talking about, I just saw Hades and Zeus running!"

Girl- "No, I mean there only running one roller coaster on the Cyclops!"

Her friend still looked confused

Also in line for Cyclops-

The same group from the other Cyclops story noticed that they couldn't all ride on the same cycle, so one of the people in the group asked-

"Hey, can we cut in front of you?"

Me-"Uh, NO!"

I was thinking of saying- "Are you really going to ask a stupid @$$ question like that?" But I didn't.

Heres one thats about coaster videos, its not super GP, but it get REALLY annoying to find on all most EVERY coaster/flat ride video there a comment saying - "How does hes not drop the camera?!!" Its probably been sad a few times on this or other treads, but I just had to!

The comment that ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS irks me to no end is when you are glancing through the comments on a video and at least every other one is "This ride is just like [completely unrelated ride] at [some Six Flags]." It makes me want to scream "NO IT'S F'ING NOT!!!1!!!1" at my computer.

The comment that ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS irks me to no end is when you are glancing through the comments on a video and at least every other one is "This ride is just like [completely unrelated ride] at [some Six Flags]." It makes me want to scream "NO IT'S F'ING NOT!!!1!!!1" at my computer.

Couldn't have said it any better. I actually feel like I get dumber looking at people's comments on YouTube.