TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Everyone Enjoys Fatty Patch Jacket Robb, Right?

I have all kinds of patches but I have no idea what to do with them because the whole patch jacket thing was only cool like 10 years ago.

The whole patch jacket thing might have been 10 years ago, but it was never cool.

Robb was not cool back then either.

Collecting mementos is cool, displaying one's "dorkdom" for the world to see is not.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Robb, what was your inspiration to lose the weight?

I really, really, really, really, really, really wanted to get laid.....

MORE!

--Robb "Seriously, is there any OTHER reason to go through the pain of losing weight?" Alvey

If anyone asks my why I exercise and try to keep this shape together, I now refer them to this Robb words of "Ultimate Enlightenment"

Best.Reply.Ever.

Terry "Percentages went up when body fat when down" Weaver

Robb, what was your inspiration to lose the weight?

I really, really, really, really, really, really wanted to get laid.....

MORE!

--Robb "Seriously, is there any OTHER reason to go through the pain of losing weight?" Alvey

LMAO!!! Well said!!

For me...my inspiration, in addition to sex, was the ability to ride coasters like Millennium Force without having an anxiety attack, hyperventilating, having the entire station watching, as the Millennium Force Ride Op, is just about to kick me off for not being able to buckle my seatbelt, and then....in the last millisecond, hearing the STUPID BELT click, and getting the clear for dispatch.

Thank BUDDHA (speaking of fatties), Robb was there to say "HEY...CALM YOUR ASS DOWN, and BREATH."

Seriously, it was one of the single most terrifying moments of my life that has been etched in my memory for a lifetime...enough motivation for me to lose a ton of weight.

chuck "Still not "cool" enough to wear a patch jacket!" garcia

For me...my inspiration, in addition to sex, was the ability to ride coasters like Millennium Force without having an anxiety attack, hyperventilating, having the entire station watching, as the Millennium Force Ride Op, is just about to kick me off for not being able to buckle my seatbelt, and then....in the last millisecond, hearing the STUPID BELT click, and getting the clear for dispatch.

Thank BUDDHA (speaking of fatties), Robb was there to say "HEY...CALM YOUR a$$ DOWN, and BREATH."

Seriously, it was one of the single most terrifying moments of my life that has been etched in my memory for a lifetime...enough motivation for me to lose a ton of weight.

chuck "Still not "cool" enough to wear a patch jacket!" garcia

YES! I had the same problem on Millennium Force and TTD! Something about those Intabelts. I had to sit on the left so that I could use my stronger right hand to push the buckle in. It freaked me out, I went on WeightWatchers (not as good as RobbWatchers) and it's now 31 lbs. down since Labor Day at Cedar Point.

Can't wait to wear the newer svelter patch jacket!

-Martin

If there ever was an ad for protecting your privacy and keeping your past off the internet - this it.

Rob went instantly from the cool guy we all went to hang out with, the guy with the supercute baby, awesome wife and superfun friends to well, how I do I say it nicely, a man who once wore a patch jacket.

This is like those cheesy Barbara Walter specials that try to show that the stunning movie star was once a gawky teen in high school who could never get a date.

^I see what you're saying, but Robb was already active on the internet in the patch jacket days. Those pics are from around 1999-2000, and it's not like they were just recently discovered. He posted them himself back then. He's never shied from posting pics of himself, and from what I can tell he's a pretty good sport when old pics get posted now.

My belly is still bruised and hurting from the attack I received from the Atlantis Adventure ride op!

See, even through I was the tallest in the group (6'3) and they didn't allow a few people on, they still let me in on Atlantis Adventure. But... I should have tried that test seat first! Those seats, lap bars and seatbelts just weren't right for my 6'3, 240 lbs frame! I'm missing an inch for the seatbelt, so everyone tell me to suck my belly in... Doesn't work. So the operator (who didn't speak english I think!) grabbed both end of the belt, jabs me pretty hard in the stomach then buckles it in while I'm in pain! The ride was pretty cool... but ouch, it was painful!

• 7 months later...

^ Holy hell, he's wearing an ACEr shirt in that one! Were TPR shirts not around? And its amazing that you lost the weight, I read the 30 lbs 30 days thread, that inspired me to work out more, thank you SO much Robb for the motivation.

Lost 22 pounds to date! YAY!

Kalepi "If fatty patch jacket Robb can lose weight, then so can I" Konei

Oh yeah? Well... check THIS out!

niiicolaaah, that is awesome! It also underscores just how long many of you have known each other.

About 15 years ago, I had a huge SooperDooperLooper brown button, an Epcot patch, Roman Rapids Patch, Star Tours button, and something else, and debated about doing the patch jacket thing. Just got lazy and never did. Fast foward to present, there have been more than a couple times the idea of putting buttons or patches on my hat have been awfully tempting. If that ever happens, I'll get pics so we can all have a good laugh of it.