TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

How many of the "Top/Most Popular 75" have you ridden?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

95. And that list was beyond terrible.

Yeah, it definitely could have been better. I don't know how the people who publish that crap get their information. Actually, I don't even recall seeing Fury. wtf? I laughed when I got to The Boss.

I was 43/100, which makes me in the top 9% of people likely to be virgins...

Turns out, it isn't too hard to make your own list so I took a whack at it. Hesitant to have my name attached to anything that is so open to criticism from ignorant people or internet trolls or [gasp] hyper-opinionated coaster geeks, but here goes. Hopefully you guys find this one at least moderately less sucky.

http://www.listchallenges.com/100-great-roller-coasters-for-real-enthusiasts

Hopefully you guys find this one at least moderately less sucky.

The third coaster on this list...

989998365_ScreenShot2017-08-26at20_08_36.png.a58593a966ab9d4b1fea0235284dc1c2.png

Seriously, why would you even include this? It's not a easy-to-get-to ride and it most certainly isn't going to give you much credibility in making a "less sucky" top 100. I stopped there and didn't bother to go any further.

Try again...

EDIT: Just looked at more of the coasters included. This list might be arguably WORSE than the original. Your list is more like "random coasters that people say are good mixed in with even more random ones you've probably never heard of or never been to." Please stop wasting everyone's time.

Edited by robbalvey

Honestly, I think these lists need to be limited to only "Top 50" or "Top 25" so that we can limit the rides to only the pure quality rides that are unarguably are some of the best in the world. Most of the rides I saw listed were fillers to help the list reach 100, trading quality for quantity.

Especially if the items on the list all come from a variety of parks across the world, I figure it could still be challenging and fun.

The hardest part of creating this kind of list, I think, would be narrowing down the B&Ms, being very selective. They can be very subjective when it comes to where people think they belong but for simplicity sakes it should be confined to B:TR, Montu, Banshee, Nitro, Kumba, Fury 325, Leviathan, etc.

Edited by RollerManic

I got 17 out of 100 from the original list posted.

This will get a little better next year when I visit CP & KI.

The 2nd list? only 10. I agree that list really didn't make much sense with multiple coasters that probably half the people (if not majority) on this site have not had the chance to get to because they are overseas.

I got 19/100, 19%.

-Banshee, Kings Island

-Cornball Express, Indiana Beach

-Diamondback, Kings Island

-Goliath, Six Flags Great America

-Goliath, Six Flags Over Georgia

-Lightning Rod, Dollywood

-Lightning Run, Kentucky Kingdom

-Maverick, Cedar Point

-Magnum XL-200, Cedar Point

-Raven, Holiday World

-Storm Chaser, Kentucky Kingdom

-Tatsu, Six Flags Magic Mountain

-Beast, Kings Island (not sure why you put "the")

-Voyage, Holiday World

-Thunderbird, Holiday World

-Thunderhead, Dollywood

-Twisted Colossus, Six Flags Magic Mountain

-Valravn, Cedar Point

-X2, Six Flags Magic Mountain

I agree that list really didn't make much sense with multiple coasters that probably half the people (if not majority) on this site have not had the chance to get to because they are overseas.

It's not even that they were overseas but they were stupid, obscure, weird rides that were overseas. I mean, I've been to most of them and I have no idea why they were included on the list other than maybe the guy who made the list has some sort of bragging rights fetish.

I guess I just find lists like these and polls to be mostly pointless and a waste of time anyway so I'm already going into it with a very negative outlook.

I didn't think the second list was that bad until I saw this...

That coaster is WAY better than some of the rides on the original list...

Oh, c'mon! Don't be "that" guy. It was just an over-sized kiddie coaster. Fun ride, yes, but doesn't belong on any worlds top 100 list.

Edited by robbalvey

Can a moderately competent, sane, and well-rounded enthusiast please make a more accurate top 100 list?

Well... I gave this a try.

It's not a "Top 100" its more of a "Top/Most Popular 75 Roller Coasters in North America" list. While it's not the best, it's better than the previous 2!

So for anyone who is bored, and wanting something to do... Here you go:

http://www.listchallenges.com/topmost-popular-75-coasters-in-north-america

Can a moderately competent, sane, and well-rounded enthusiast please make a more accurate top 100 list?

It's not a "Top 100" its more of a "Top/Most Popular 75 Roller Coasters in North America" list.

We finally got a good one.

I got 42 using DIFTF's list. A lot of the ones I was missing I should've already had, like a bunch at SFOT I missed due to crowds the day I went; ones like Outlaw Run and Lightning Rod, or all of Holiday World's rides that I live/have lived within easy driving distance to but haven't been to ride; or ones like all of King's Island's coasters because I had to cancel trip.

It's not a "Top 100" its more of a "Top/Most Popular 75 Roller Coasters in North America" list. While it's not the best, it's better than the previous 2!

Why is this on the list???

1473003894_ScreenShot2017-08-28at00_00_03.png.ba7d293cb0d359e3bc3f9bc6ac24ab81.png

Again, another fail. This is why I really think polls and lists like this are pointless and stupid. The *ONLY* poll I ever supported was the Mitch Hawker poll. The rest of them are crap.