TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

I originally thought there was no way they would do an rmc treatment on Roar. It seemed to popular with younger riders mostly due to the fact that it "didn't do loops". But now that I think about it, it makes complete sense. Roar, like all the other rmc candidates, is an old, beat up woodie that is constantly having to be retracked and has really lost its charm. There are plenty of other things in the park for people with "loop-o-phobia" to do, and a major new coaster is just what the park needs. (Or at least what we need! ) I really hope this rumor holds true because I can't what to see what crazy, isane awesomeness rmc has in store!

Roar has more airtime hills than Colossus had. It's in a smaller space but if anyone can make something great out of it, RMC can! That corner of the park would definitely be the first place to run to as soon as the park opens!

I know Roar isn't technically a family coaster, but I saw more kids/families riding it than just about any of the other coasters (besides obvious kiddie coasters). It was a good in-between ride for kids that were too short/scared to ride any of the bigger rides.

I'm definitely NOT complaining though if they do RMC it, I was just really surprised that Roar was even in consideration for RMC treatment. I guess it's just getting too expensive to maintain for SFDK and it has great potential.

The layout for Roar doesn't really seem to offer RMCish Airtime IMO. That's why I don't see it happening.

This is a dumb statement. I don't think you quite understand what RMC does. They aren't limited by a current layout. Roar may have a lot of turns instead of straight track, but you absolutely will still see airtime all over the place...

Is there any actual evidence that Roar is being considered for a RMC upgrade?

I'd certainly be in favor of it, although I agree that SFDK needs a mid level coaster to balance Medusa, V2 and Superman for kids not ready for the bigger rides.

If RMC'ed, Roar would be the shortest of their rides in terms of height (unless the lift were made steeper) and the first conversion of a coaster built by a company still in business.

Is there any actual evidence that Roar is being considered for a RMC upgrade?

I'd certainly be in favor of it, although I agree that SFDK needs a mid level coaster to balance Medusa, V2 and Superman for kids not ready for the bigger rides.

If RMC'ed, Roar would be the shortest of their rides in terms of height (unless the lift were made steeper) and the first conversion of a coaster built by a company still in business.

RMC could just not add a inversion to Roar if they alter it, They could just make it be northern California's airtime machine or do the crazy banking turns and what not. Though even that would be more extreme then Roar is now.

also this year I got my friend, his little sister and her friend in the park for free on bring a friend day (my dad and his GF got the other 2 in). me and my friend sat at the front of Roar while the girl's were behind us. I think they would of still gone if it was a RMC but if it was I'd likely have to tell them it's a bit more extreme then Medusa even though it's shorter and has less inversions. Neither of them even touched superman but mainly due to what looks like a painfully slow barrel roll. (It's not that slow, only looks like it off ride.)

I guess the biggest reason for them to RMC it is the whole "constant re-tracking" issue and the fact it seems to break down for short periods of times whenever I go. Plus it is over 10 years old and approching 20 quickly. Also goldstriker at CGA is from the same company and likely spanks Roar in everything. So maybe they feel a need to start a little competition with CGA across the bay.

Goldstriker is leaps and bounds better than Roar, one of the most relentless wooden coasters I've ever ridden.

I actually wonder if it wouldn't still be better than an RMC'd Roar. The airtime on Gold Striker is amazing.

I'd much rather they fixed/replaced Kong than upgrade Roar

I know I haven't seen this mentioned yet, so I thought I would ask everyone's input. How likely do you guys think a RMC I-Box of Roar is for 2016? I ask because I have recently heard a rumor that Roar will be closed mid-season this year. One can hope, right?

Personally, it sounds unlikely to me after SFMM receiving Twisted Colossus for 2015, but the two parks aren't really that close, I'm sure 95% of visitors to each park aren't even aware of the other park. I know it's currently every park's fan-boy dream for their wooden coaster to get I-Box, but I can't help it! It would easily be the best coaster in NorCal if true!

Let the idea sit for now, and maybe in a few months, we will see more information come out.

I posted this a few weeks ago and looks what's popped up today. This lines up with only one SF project for 2016. (The other two parks being DW and KK)

image.thumb.jpg.c0ee96203dd839cde88c19c96b82a718.jpg

I saw this on Twitter as well. Good find.

Interesting as I am now hearing rumors of 2 RMC projects in California for next year.

Well there will only be one for 2016, Roar, despite all of the KBF GR rumors. GR can't happen until at least 2017...

Is that when the SF exclusive ends? GhostRider is probably the wooden coaster that most needs an RMC. Apocalypse is fine, so I don't know why that would be RMC'd (unless MM were to get a new coaster from scratch).

Interesting as I am now hearing rumors of 2 RMC projects in California for next year.

Well there will only be one for 2016, Roar, despite all of the KBF GR rumors. GR can't happen until at least 2017...

I've heard rumors that Ghostrider might just get topper track and not a full Iron Horse, and I'm not sure whether or not RMC considers topper track a major project, so I guess it's possible that Ghostrider could get something next year.

Is that when the SF exclusive ends? GhostRider is probably the wooden coaster that most needs an RMC. Apocalypse is fine, so I don't know why that would be RMC'd (unless MM were to get a new coaster from scratch).

There is no Six Flags exclusive. I agree that Gr needs RMC, it's just not happening for 2016