TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

Isn't this one going to Six Flags Mexico next season?

While I'm not sure if any "offical" announcement was made, they basically insinuated that's where it would be heading.

I heard that too. It would be a good coaster for the park. It fits the scene that Six Flags Mexico is situated in for some reason, IMO.

Though, if Pandemonium was going to SFM, wouldn't Six Flags make an announcement a long time ago? I mean, it's not much of a big secret to not say where it is going.

Jim Anderson said in the main Six Flags 2012 video, Six Flags Mexico will announce big plans in the coming months! (but that was in September)

I am curious as to how cold it got that night.

Not sure what day you're talking about, but I know the news has been saying around 33 or 34 for the Sacramento area at night lately (just above freezing) and I think it's been less than 10 degrees here in the Sierras (or at least less than 20). So.... pretty darn cold.

^It's Northern California, it's REALLY FREAKIN COLD all the time up there in the winter. I mean, they have that snow hill there 24/7 during the Holiday In The Park Event.

LOL! We think it gets really hot in a lot of places in SoCal, but I definitely would prefer the heat right now!

SFDK is holding a contest for Pandemonium!

Mark your calendar for the last week in December! If you’re a fan of Pandemonium, the spinning coaster where no two rides are alike, this will be your last chance to ride Pandemonium since we are making room for SUPERMAN Ultimate Flight, opening in 2012! We’re open daily from Monday, December 26 through Sunday, January 1, 2012 and after you take that last spin on Pandemonium, enter to win a chance to be one of the first to ride SUPERMAN Ultimate Flight.

Simply submit your name in our “Last Ride, First Flight” contest and be eligible for you and a friend to win two admission tickets and be one of the first people to take-off on SUPERMAN Ultimate Flight during our 2012 opening weekend.

Opening in Spring 2012, the highly-anticipated super-launch coaster, SUPERMAN Ultimate Flight, will feature the tallest inversion west of the Mississippi and will rank alongside the tallest coaster inversions in the world. At 150 feet high, riders will speed at lightning speeds of 62 miles per hour, with two upside-down twists and two vertical rolls over a track length of 863 feet.

Don’t miss out on this chance to experience Pandemonium for the last time and enter your name to be chosen as one of the first riders on SUPERMAN Ultimate Flight!

http://www.sixflags.com/discoveryKingdom/events/LastChancePandemonium.aspx

SFDK is holding a contest for Pandemonium!

Mark your calendar for the last week in December! If you’re a fan of Pandemonium, the spinning coaster where no two rides are alike, this will be your last chance to ride Pandemonium since we are making room for SUPERMAN Ultimate Flight, opening in 2012! We’re open daily from Monday, December 26 through Sunday, January 1, 2012 and after you take that last spin on Pandemonium, enter to win a chance to be one of the first to ride SUPERMAN Ultimate Flight.

Simply submit your name in our “Last Ride, First Flight” contest and be eligible for you and a friend to win two admission tickets and be one of the first people to take-off on SUPERMAN Ultimate Flight during our 2012 opening weekend.

Opening in Spring 2012, the highly-anticipated super-launch coaster, SUPERMAN Ultimate Flight, will feature the tallest inversion west of the Mississippi and will rank alongside the tallest coaster inversions in the world. At 150 feet high, riders will speed at lightning speeds of 62 miles per hour, with two upside-down twists and two vertical rolls over a track length of 863 feet.

Don’t miss out on this chance to experience Pandemonium for the last time and enter your name to be chosen as one of the first riders on SUPERMAN Ultimate Flight!

http://www.sixflags.com/discoveryKingdom/events/LastChancePandemonium.aspx

First, I would be going to SFDK on opening weekend, though they are going to build the coaster in less than 4 months? Though, I am going to go in the drawing, and if I win, I can bring both of my friends.

^Actually foundation or not, it doesn't matter. All Chuck Norris has to do is roundhouse kick the ride to Mexico. Geauga Lake never closed due to lack of attendance, Chuck Norris just didn't like it. So, he covered X-Flight's track in the blood of his victims, and roundhouse kicked all the rides in the park in random directions. They all landed in other Cedar Fair parks. However, Teh Big Dipper's wood was too unstable to handle a Chuck Norris Roundhouse kick, so it was left to rot.

This is all my fault. Shame on me!

I don't know if this has been said before, but is it certain that there won't be a transfer table for Superman Ultimate Flight (like Mr. Freeze)?

This is all my fault. Shame on me!

I don't know if this has been said before, but is it certain that there won't be a transfer table for Superman Ultimate Flight (like Mr. Freeze)?

I'd suspect it doesn't due to the total lack of a transfer assembly for the platform... which if they could do a transfer track, they could do a 'flip' style loading like the Mr.Freeze coaster...

Either way, this ride has earned "THE MOST CRAPTACULAR CRAPACITY RIDE OF 2012!" award.