TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

That One Ride You Just Can't Enjoy...

For me, it is Skyrush. Intamin is my favorite manufacturer, but my one single ride on Skyrush was disappointing. The forces were insane, especially the first drop and S-curved hills, which really toss you around in the back winged seat. However, the restraint was distracting most of the ride. Tolerable, sure, but I hate having my attention be taken away from the actual ride....it really hinders the experience. The open-style trains also make those S-curves almost impossible to keep your upper body from being perpendicular to your lower body without keeping a strong grip to the restraints, or seriously focusing on keeping your upper body stiff. Again, it's tolerable, and very wild, but distracting. Lastly, the layout itself is a bit underwhelming compared to the upper-echelon Intamin and RMC coasters, which makes the winged trains so vital. Maybe a different riding approach would shoot Skyrush up my rankings, but the fact that I have to figure that out is frustrating.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got a couple lol

Small world, iron dragon, mean streak, fiddlers revenge(Sfmm) it just isn't fun to me, pirates of the carribean bores me, and finally the sky screamers scare the crap out of me lol. I like the wind seekers, but I'm pretty sure I wet myself on the sky screamer at six flags over Texas. Good lord that was an experience I hope to never have again lol

This.

My campers were always super pumped about it and wanted to reride it, but I only rode it a handful of times because hanging upsidedown for so long hurt my head, and the restraints crushed my ribcage. I haven't been on notacoaster yet so I don't know how that ride experience will compare, but I just don't like hanging upsidedown for a long time.

Also, Vekoma Boomerangs. Boomerang is the one ride at my home park I never go on. I even ride the SLC way more often. At other parks I might ride it once to say I did it, but then never again.

Any rapids ride that doesn't have a drop like Kali River Rapids at DAK. They're just too dull for me without one (and rarely if ever get you the slightest bit of wet).

Also anything that spins violently especially at a tall height I try to stay as far away from as possible.

I've never gotten sick on a ride, but I do avoid most Vekoma hang-n-bangs and Boomerangs. I don't do water rides. Period. I did ride Roller Soaker at Hershey, but only because I was able to change into my swim trunks beforehand then dry off and change back into my street clothes afterward. I can't stand walking around in wet clothes regardless of the heat.

Having just ridden the updated version, I agree about Test Track. The high-tech, interactive stuff was cool, but I thought the ride experience was a little obscured and the "point" not as clear. I still enjoyed it, but I think I liked it better the old way.

Having just ridden the updated version, I agree about Test Track. The high-tech, interactive stuff was cool, but I thought the ride experience was a little obscured and the "point" not as clear. I still enjoyed it, but I think I liked it better the old way.

I like test track better with the new theme. The theming, and sign looks awesomer (is that a word?), and that furistic soundtrack in the queue is awesome! I also like how you can make your own car commercial, and it fits with future land better.

Untamed at Canobie Lake Park. This ride is loved by the GP and I think even enthusiasts find the ride great. I find it pretty dull. I don't ever feel forces. There's no airtime and the headbanging in the helix stinks. I prefer Corkscrew to it simply because the first drop in the back has airtime and I feel force on the second corkscrew.

This is tough.

I can think of many, many coasters and rides that I have skipped at each park that I have ever visited, so I'll just throw out a few...

Arrow mine trains - can't say that I have ever walked off of one of those thinking, "Wow, that was really awesome!"

Any type of Corkscrew (Vekoma or Arrow). The drops are lame and I don't like the corkscrew part at all.

Star Flyers - I just don't feel safe in them and when I get panicky with nothing but a small bar and four chains holding me, that is not a very fun feeling. I can do Windseekers, but I am not a big fan of those either.

Shoot the Chutes water rides - Going up a 40 foot hill just to have a wall of water come down on my head = lame.

^ Yes, there are taller ones like that one and the one at Hershey that give a little more of a thrilling drop, but I'm just not a fan of:

Climb lift hill

Take curved turn

Go down hill

Wall of water on head

The end

PS - I will make an exception for Escape From Pompeii because at least that has theming and fire.

I cannot enjoy the Zamperla Volare (Time Warp, Canada's Wonderland), Vekoma SLC (Flight Deck, Canada's Wonderland) or Wild Beast (Canada's Wonderland). I also cannot enjoy any Fabbri Kamikaze 2 ride as the restraints aren't tight and it feels like you're going to fall out every time the ride goes upside down as the ride is floor-less.

^ The one at Thorpe Park is Tidal Wave.

^^^ I agree. A couple of years back, I rode a standard Kamikaze ride called 'Project 1', for whatever reason.

Since it was my first time, I sat around the middle right. The seats just felt really squashed and I was around 12 or 13 at the time! It just rotates so slow and there's a part where you're just hanging upside-down for what feels like 12 hours. The OTSR's are just normal ones, without those little handlebar things. I put my feet up against the seat to try and survive this a bit better... Trust me. If those OTSR's had handlebars, this thing would be much more bareable. I came off with achy arms from clinging on to the restraints so much when it was hanging upside down forever as I started to fall out the seat. I muttered to myself 'Never again'. Of course I was lying.

Although it's a ride I didn't really enjoy, I'd still go on it.

But, I guess it's the manufacturer's choice to make the ride like that.

Speaking for myself and anyone else out there that are single riders, any ride that must have two or more people to get on. And I'm not talking about the biggest thrill rides, I'm taking about the family rides like the Antique Cars and Giant Ferris Wheel. While some parks can allow me to go by myself, other parks have a zero tolerance policy in place, even if nobody's in line. Do you know how many giant Ferris wheels I had to pass up because I didn't have another person to ride with? Too many! As for Antique Cars in some parks: why do I need another person to ride with? Are you afraid I'm going to fall out? If I'm lucky, I can be there at the same time when there is another single rider who will need me to ride that ride, but that doesn't happen often.

I guess that's why we have the swings and the carousel because I can ride by myself!

Motocoaster at Darien Lake to me it's like a one and done kind of coaster and also it's so separated from the rest of the park. When you get over there you have like "leave the park" to ride it. Not to mention it isn't worth walking all the way to the back of the park for.

Motocoaster at Darien Lake to me it's like a one and done kind of coaster and also it's so separated from the rest of the park. When you get over there you have like "leave the park" to ride it. Not to mention it isn't worth walking all the way to the back of the park for.

I agree & disagree. I like Motocoaster, it's a fun family ride and I ride it every time I'm at Darien Lake, but I always wondered why it was so far from it all.

Any rapids ride that doesn't have a drop like Kali River Rapids at DAK. They're just too dull for me without one (and rarely if ever get you the slightest bit of wet).

I'm going to assume you have never been on Thunder Canyon at Cedar Point. I don't think it is possible to come off that ride and NOT be dripping wet. Seriously, I think I get less wet going swimming than I got on that ride.

Skymasters/Kamikazes/Sky Flyers

I really can't stand them, every time I have been on one I have found it very uncomfortable and I always end up being sick

Also Sky Swat, did slammer at Thorpe Park and it is so uncomfortable and gave me very bad head rush, will not ride it again, wouldn't be surprised if it was removed