TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Trip Report: Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2015

Halloween is hands down my favorite season of the year! But I have to be honest, as much as I appreciate and like the traditional "scary" Halloween events like Horror Nights, Scary Farm, and Howl-O-Scream, I've always been a bit partial to the "family friendly" event at Magic Kingdom (please don't tell Universal!)

There is something about the atmosphere that, for a totally non-scary, family environment, that just has a really fun, cool vibe to it. Maybe it's because it's one of the only times per year that adults can also dress up and be silly at the park, maybe it's the free candy, maybe it's the awesome fireworks & shows, I dunno...but I really REALLY like this event and it's probably tied with Food & Wine as my favorite seasonal event at Walt Disney World.

We are planning on going multiple times this season, but here are the photos & video from the first week of the event!

For more info and to buy tickets click: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/magic-kingdom/mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party/

Highlights from the shows and fireworks at Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party!

CPN6aCTWUAAsHQ7.jpg:large

Tonight we are Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom for Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party!

CPN-2PlWwAETYLJ.jpg:large

CPN-2PkWwAAZafP.jpg:large

We have checked into the event and are ready to get to the park!

CPOG_EGWEAAhNYA.jpg:large

CPOG_EFWIAAy6PY.jpg:large

Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party is one of the few times a year kids & adults can dress up at Magic Kingdom!

CPOPvsTUwAA9051.jpg:large

Waiting for the new Hocus Pocus show.

CPOfPedW8AAlpQo.jpg:large

CPOfPpJWwAAtoct.jpg:large

CPOfPzmWEAAOYtw.jpg:large

CPOfP2CXAAAaa7k.jpg:large

The new Hocus Pocus castle show was amazing! Retro and cool!

CPOf-7tXAAAoau5.jpg:large

CPOf-8BWUAApPl-.jpg:large

Fans of Hocus Pocus will be super impressed with the show! Characters and effects are AWESOME!

CPOhsFxUwAAuicl.jpg:large

CPOhsFyUYAAo9rv.jpg:large

CPOhsG9UAAA5A3g.jpg:large

CPOhsG-UkAAmlCe.jpg:large

Main Street looks amazing during Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party!

CPOtLdrUYAAviCj.jpg:large

The moment you hear the song you'll be singing it all night!

CPOxNRNWgAAahKB.jpg:large

CPOxNTwWcAAOMdL.jpg:large

Every year, the Haunted Mansion gravediggers always steal the show!

IMG_4382.thumb.JPG.db20f7df488b13e401cd54126e2a2235.JPG

The pirates are pretty cool, too!

CPOx9tBWwAERVwV.jpg:large

CPOx9tFWgAASspg.jpg:large

CPOx9wAWIAELZGq.jpg:large

The “Boo To You” Parade is filled with awesome characters! Best parade! Hands down!

CPO7pIGWwAAPSrp.jpg:large

CPO7pIHWgAEcLXw.jpg:large

CPO7pIaXAAAW1ht.jpg:large

CPO7pKdW8AApnAX.jpg:large

I LOVE how they dress up Haunted Mansion during Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party!

IMG_4349.thumb.JPG.17aadbc32ba10927fc15221569874268.JPG

IMG_4337.thumb.JPG.d7c2e3be39b5a7d2379423d57ee556f3.JPG

IMG_4344.thumb.JPG.b83c1206673be62c433a46cb98e7caf4.JPG

Happy HalloWishes with it's "Fireworks all around you" is still one of the best fireworks shows I've ever seen! (Watch the video above!)

CPO9By8UAAABCIS.jpg:large

CPO9B0PUAAA7Lyg.jpg:large

CPO9By5UkAANuvp.jpg:large

Best part of Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party? FREE CANDY!!!

IMG_4177.thumb.JPG.2fb740d54b5da72652b03927635aa880.JPG

Something else awesome about these special ticket events? No long lines for rides!!!

CPPBBEbU8AECC4O.jpg:large

CPPBBEcVEAAzHlN.jpg:large

CPPBBFzUkAEr4Vu.jpg:large

CPPBBF0U8AAJYLG.jpg:large

The "treat trail" that goes from New Fantasyland to Tomorrowland is the best place for getting lots of candy! So much candy!

CPPFyRuWcAA3iNF.jpg:large

CPPFyRsWwAU4ZOZ.jpg:large

Yes, of COURSE I had to get the new 2015 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party limited edition MagicBand!

CPPKqjtWsAQyRTw.jpg:large

Don't forget your Mickey's Not-So-Scary exclusive Sorcerer's card!

CPPQjJqU8AEO0_3.jpg:large

CPPQjJwUAAAyR_s.jpg:large

CPPQjJvUwAAqm56.jpg:large

The Halloween decorations around Magic Kingdom look fantastic at night!

CPPYvgVVAAE5PG1.jpg:large

Great night at Not So Scary Halloween Party! We highly recommend & love this event!

Edited by robbalvey

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the Not So Scary Halloween Party, it's always the highlight of my "park" year. I'm planning on going the 9th and can't wait, the my whole family went lat year and pulled off this costume (it's not the best but you get the point). This year I'm flyin solo with my 3 year old so we gotta come up with something.

7Dpic.thumb.jpg.20e3c176db389feccce4424fd85de8c0.jpg

2014 Costumes

How was the crowd this year? I know it's always a light crowd since they limit admission but it seems like the event keeps gaining popularity and everytime I see pictures of social media from the event it "looks" more crowded than I remember, not that it's a bad thing. I still think last year the only thing with a wait was 7 Dwarves Mine Train at about 30 minutes but I figured that was only beccuase it was so new. Such an awesome event, can't wait to check it out again.

How was the crowd this year? I know it's always a light crowd since they limit admission but it seems like the event keeps gaining popularity and everytime I see pictures of social media from the event it "looks" more crowded than I remember, not that it's a bad thing. I still think last year the only thing with a wait was 7 Dwarves Mine Train at about 30 minutes but I figured that was only beccuase it was so new. Such an awesome event, can't wait to check it out again.

We went on Sunday Sept 20th, and the crowds were light. 5 minute waits for Splash and Big Thunder Mtn. The only real wait was 7 Dwarves due to its low capacity and popularity.

One suggestion: we skipped the 1st parade but got right up to the castle stage DURING it so as soon as it ended, we were in prime location for the Hocus Pocus show. Definitely worth standing close to see how amazing the three women are who portray the witches.

And about 5 minutes after the show finishes, they started Celebrate the Magic castle lighting. About 10 minutes later Hallowishes.

Then you still have about another hour before catching the 2nd parade.

Have fun!

HocusPocus.thumb.jpg.dc6cb87ad3a9df825f1a44a291c6e42c.jpg

IMG_1865.thumb.JPG.f284bc34fc7ebf4082805fcb15f94a2e.JPG

IMG_1892.thumb.JPG.b84dfe367b6acb81834ecbed63eb77bc.JPG

IMG_2042.thumb.JPG.5176c1439c8861d9f6234555c315b39c.JPG

IMG_2048.thumb.JPG.7417734c051f9c6c0cc939ceb766eba3.JPG

I think that the event always *SEEMS* crowded because everyone is out on the streets enjoying the outside special options (candy, decorations, shows, parades, fireworks, etc.) and there are not a lot of people INSIDE queues or on rides. In reality it's a pretty dead day at the MK and I love the event!

Hearing the slow chanting of Boo...to....you gets me all excited!

Headed there tomorrow night, gonna be a blast. Actually gave up some F&W time to do MNSSHP.

The amount of people who don't realize that treat trail (New Fantasyland to Tomorrowland) is there is ridiculous. It's probably the best one out there!

Thanks for the tip on the parades/shows John, I'll be sure to relay that to my party.

One suggestion: we skipped the 1st parade but got right up to the castle stage DURING it so as soon as it ended, we were in prime location for the Hocus Pocus show. Definitely worth standing close to see how amazing the three women are who portray the witches.

This is what we do also (about the parade.) We almost never watch the first parade, and usually our night ends up being:

- Do some rides and candy and stuff during the first parade.

- Castle Show

- Fireworks

- 2nd Parade

- More rides and candy and stuff until we are kicked out!

The worst part of the day is that 4-6pm time frame where MNSSHP ticket holders are allowed in early, but the day guests are still filtering out. That can be a mess sometimes. What we usually do is get there about 5pm and head straight to the back of the park where it tends to be a bit quieter, and then once all the candy locations and stuff open up, start to hit those ASAP!

I've never been a big "parade" person, but it sounds like the parade is a central feature of this ticketed event?

that show looks incredible tho, and I love the "Hocus Pocus" film, and think it's amazing they based a show off it!

How much are tickets to the party? (and since the daily guests leave, I assume you do NOT need a daily ticket to get a ticket to this). I know it's quite popular, so it likely sells out.

EDIT:

Duh. .I figured out how to work the internet! . . . LOL. . so was able to find the answers to my questions.

so as Emily Litella says, . . . .. . "nevermind"

What an awesome looking event! I have never really felt much desire to go to one of the "traditional scary Halloween events" that many parks have (though I haven't been to one so maybe that would change my mind), but this definitely looks like something I would absolutely LOVE! And those fireworks all around you looks amazing!

I know FastPass+ isn't avaialble during the event (at least I don't think it is) but are the "fastpass" fireworks viewing areas open on a first come first serve kind of basis?

Also, I know on the party website it says Be Our Guest is open during the event but does anyone know if you can get reservations ahead of time? I checked on the regular MyMagic+ app reservation page and it either the reservations aren't avialable or they're already booked.

I know FastPass+ isn't avaialble during the event (at least I don't think it is) but are the "fastpass" fireworks viewing areas open on a first come first serve kind of basis?

I think so. I was too busy going on stuff because there were few lines and they all move hilariously fast.

Also, I know on the party website it says Be Our Guest is open during the event but does anyone know if you can get reservations ahead of time? I checked on the regular MyMagic+ app reservation page and it either the reservations aren't avialable or they're already booked.

Walkup only. NSSHP is like going to Disney World circa 1990 in all the good ways and none of the bad.

^The food is quite good, and it's tough to beat the setting (particularly the "creepy" room).

Slightly off topic for this thread but how long does it usually take to get through a meal at Be our Guest? My biggest issue with full service Disney Dining restaurants is that it feels like the meals take forever sometimes, the food is always good and the service is second to none but it always feels like it takes forever. I know be our guest is kind of a hybrid full service where you order at a kiosk and don't have a traditional wait staff so I was jsut curious if the whole experience goes by any quicker.

^During Breakfast and Lunch when it's a 'sort of' quick service once you're in and ordered the food comes out within 10 minutes and it's just how fast you eat it. When you dine for dinner you can take as much or as little time as you want as a proper table service restaurant. If you told them you were in a rush and didn't do appetizers or desserts you could be out quickly. If you want to drink, have three courses, etc. it could be a 2 hour meal.

The event looks great! As a SoCal native, I will be attending the Disneyland version instead (for the first time!) and was wondering what the main differences were. I know we don't have the Hocus Pocus show, but are here any other changes as to the way it is ran and what is included? No matter what the differences are, I'm still super excited!

The event looks great! As a SoCal native, I will be attending the Disneyland version instead (for the first time!) and was wondering what the main differences were.

It's a totally different event. The California version really is just "Normal Disneyland with candy...oh, and you can dress in costume, too..." There isn't a special parade or any special shows. I think they do a Halloween-themed fireworks show, but it's nothing like Hallowishes with perimeter fireworks or castle projections. I don't think there are any of the special meet & greets or anything like the stuff they do special at Haunted Mansion (although Disneyland has the Nightmare version, but that's also open during the day.) I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think they did any "event specific merchandise" either. I think they may do a dance party or something, though.

From everything I know about the Disneyland event it just sounds like a really scaled back version of the one at Magic Kingdom.

Edited by robbalvey

Robb....

Can the kids get as much candy as they want, or do limit how much each kid can get?

Silly question, but just curious.

Thinking of doing this event next year at this time so that we can hit the food fest at epcot as well.

I'm not Robb, but the answer is no limit. Anyone can get a bag and get candy too. Usually they just throw in giant handfulls. We ended up leaving some for our maid because we couldn't take it with us without it melting into a weird puddle in our car the day we flew out.

Robb....

Can the kids get as much candy as they want, or do limit how much each kid can get?

Silly question, but just curious.

Thinking of doing this event next year at this time so that we can hit the food fest at epcot as well.

I think this will give you an idea of how much candy you can collect during Mickey's Not-So-Scary.