TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Crazy Russian Coaster?!?

Recently was browsing youtube and came across this thing!

It looks like, to me, anyway, the result of a GIB and a shuttle loop spending some "alone time" together!

Another thing that strikes me is that I believe you can build these things in RCT3, so they must be conman (or downright weird) enough for the game developers to have known they exist.

Been looking a little on RCDB, but does anyone have any info on this ride whatsoever?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks ECZenith, that was what I assumed, seeing as it was in a Russian park according to the video.

Even weirder still, I found this video in the side bar. I believe this is the Swiss one people were talking about.

Now THIS is just MESSED THE **** UP!

Here's the info on RCDB

First video I posted:

http://rcdb.com/4218.htm

Coaster in Vid above:

http://rcdb.com/12192.htm

Very ironic how the second coaster is located in Switzerland, yet the country's most interesting coaster (at least IMO) isn't from Intamin or B&M

but Intamin made so many modifications

Are you sure that is Intamin? I already heard that a bunch of time, but I found no official statement. Plus, Intamin doesn't fabricate their tracks, it's Stakotra. I think the later did the job on its own, and Intamin was not involved. But I could be wrong.

Russian one: looks like it pulls a lot of Gs on the loop and it's funny how on the second time it goes forwards it's not far from stalling at the top of the loop.

Second one: those airtime hills look pretty insane on the forwards run and, once gain, the loop looks pretty forceful. Then I wonder how it loses so much speed even with that "push" on the weird upside down spike.

but Intamin made so many modifications

Are you sure that is Intamin? I already heard that a bunch of time, but I found no official statement. Plus, Intamin doesn't fabricate their tracks, it's Stakotra. I think the later did the job on its own, and Intamin was not involved. But I could be wrong.

I heard it from an ECC member, he was 100% sure about this. But finding some official statement about it would be really helpful.

There is another Pax shuttle in Saudi Arabia which is also mental. It has a train split half forwards and half backwards an 2 loops with an airtime hill.

I think Pax have stopped making coasters now. So unlikely to see any more

That looks awesome. Would love to see some other company design an updated version of that for a park here in North America.

I rode that coaster in Switzerland and it is called Cobra and is at Connyland. My profile picture shows me on its beyond vertical Lifthill!! Yes BEYOND vertical LIFTHILL!!!

And if you like hang time that is the correct coaster for you because in the front row you will get 5+ seconds of pure hangtime!!!!!

And this coaster also gets the National record for the fastest, tallest and most inversions on a Coaster (Switzerland). But it isn't the longest coaster in the country, this record goes to a kiddie coaster in another small park!

But the best thing about this coaster was when I was there: NO LINES and there were sometimes "only" 2 seats occupied!!!

image.thumb.jpg.b6b8e38866b5460dfc22f10da1d51a03.jpg

The train with me on the BEYOND VERTICAL LIFTHILL

image.thumb.jpg.37e8c81135a4348d37f02bfa89796619.jpg

Here the coaster goes over the second hill and how you can see on the picture the train is nearly empty!

image.thumb.jpg.471b7e61fa59d6c6f4e59fe36d40fe2c.jpg

Loop e loop and hangtime!

• 4 weeks later...
And this coaster also gets the National record for the fastest, tallest and most inversions on a Coaster (Switzerland). But it isn't the longest coaster in the country, this record goes to a kiddie coaster in another small park!

Lol these records are a shame. Exactly this are the only 2 coasters in suisse. And it headbangs a bit.