TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

How Old Are You & What Was Your 1st Coaster?

How old Are You Now?  

1,321 members have voted

1. 1. How old Are You Now?

• 12 - 15
    • 16 - 18
    • 19 - 21
    • 22 - 25
    • 26 - 30
    • 31 - 35
    • 36 - 40
    • 41 - 45
    • 46 - 50
    • 51 - 55
    • 56+

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't Really know what my very first coaster was. It was probably Space Mountain or Big Thunder Mountain (probably not space tho because I can kinda remeber being afraid to ride it). That or Wacky Soap Box Racers at Knotts.

My first coaster with an inversion was Canyon Blaster at the Adventure Dome in Las Vegas.

Age 31 (going on 12). My first coaster, IIRC, was the Comet Junior at Lincoln Park, (North) Dartmouth, MA. I don't remember much about it other than it was wood and I didn't much care for it at the time. A few years later, sure. By then, the park and its coasters sadly became defunct. Never did ride the Comet.

As a side note, I could have sworn that the thing ran what I would recall to be PTC trains with seat dividers (?). Odd, as it was the mid-80s, and the Comet itself ran NADs. Faulty memory or oddball trains? Until I meet someone else who's ridden Comet Jr., I'll never know.

My first coaster was Superman Ride of Steel at SFDL when I was 7--I'm 13 now.

Damn, well congrats to you! My first coaster (when I was 7) was BTMR at Magic Kingdom (WDW) and I almost pissed my pants. I can't even IMAGINE going on Superman for my first coaster at that age!

Joe "actually, I can't believe it's been that long since SRoS came out...where does the time go?" C.

My first coaster was Superman Ride of Steel at SFDL when I was 7--I'm 13 now.

You sure planned that well! The only date, according to your profile, you were able to ride S:RoS when you were 7 years old, was opening day. The day after, was your eighth birthday!

It was 1973, I was 9 years old and my first coaster was the "River king Mine train" at Six Flags over Mid America, then in 1976 they opened the

Screamin Eagle, went the day it opened with my sister, waited 3 1/2 hours to ride it, and it was awesome! I was hooked on coasters from that point on...

First was WDW's Space Mountain. I spent a lot of time cringing away from the more "grown up" coasters during the rest of my misspent youth (in fact, I chickened out of Loch Ness Monster and Big Bad Wolf when I was 14. I can't imagine being intimidated by Loch Ness Monster today). I didn't cross over into the big league until a trip to SFOG had me on GASM and Mindbender (there wasn't a whole lot else there worth talking about at the time - it was, I believe, the summer of 1990).

The only thing I won't ride today? Scramblers. Shut up, kids. You'll get old one day too.

Lets first coasters I divide into a few groups

First Coaster Jet Stars at SCBB

First Big Coaster Whizzer at PGA

First Looper Tidal Wave at PGA

First Wooden Giant Dipper at SCBB

As far as how old I was well it was as soon as I was tall enough and my parrents could get me on them so I would say I was pretty young.

Scott " My first steel coasters were all Schwarzkopf coasters " Brown

I'm 43, first coaster was the Matterhorn at age 5. Most vivd first coaster memory was the Cyclone at the now long defunct Excelsior Amusement Park in MN, around age 10. Haven't experienced a first drop like that since, scared the heck out of me. Sadly I only rode it once.

The comet in Coney Island about 1938 - 1940. It was right next to the CYCLONE; At the time, it was a great ride. Coney Island had the Comet, Bobsled, Thunderbolt, Torando and of course the CYCLONE.

The CYCLONE is still a great ride.

hankertw