TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Did a quick search, and I guess there's no topic on this yet.

So, anyone here on the forums rode a Chance Zipper?

Personally, I love the ride, and it ranks as my #1 flat ' ride, with only the Mondial tops can coming close to dethroning it from the top of my list.

It's just so intense, and has pretty much everything you want in a ride forces wise.. Floater air, ejector air, and amazing positive Gs.

Your thoughts?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Always loved these things. So intense and fun!

And I wonder why there hasn't been an

updated version of this classic flat ride.

Or has there been one?

zipper.jpg.742334611978946e647b636638919de0.jpg

Can't beat the insanity of a Zipper.

Always loved them although I would love a bit more leg room haha. Awesome flat. It's crossed my mind as well about an updated version but honestly they're so popular now that although an update would be cool I'm not even sure if it'd be necessary.

Always loved them although I would love a bit more leg room haha. Awesome flat. It's crossed my mind as well about an updated version but honestly they're so popular now that although an update would be cool I'm not even sure if it'd be necessary.

I agree that an update probably isn't needed for the portable version, but an updated version for parks, similar to what Larson did for the ring of fire, adding open cars to make the fireball, would be cool. Wish they'd make said update & create a park model... Have a feeling it would catch on for some of the smaller parks.

Love these. I guess there latest attempt at a modern zipper type ride was the Chance Chaos? They should just go back to basic and bring back some classics. Agree with Dave, Knoebel's is the perfect place for one.

Ya, around the time Impulse was being announced, everyone thought the new ride would be an updated zipper.

I'd love to see an updated park model, but I'm not sure there's anything Chance could really do with the Zipper to give it the kind of capacity most parks want in a thrill ride. It's just too slow to loan and unload by nature. Granted, there are other park rides as bad, or close (Monster/Octopus/Spider for one), but parks aren't really buying them anymore either, at least that I've seen. Capacity is just too big of an issue for most parks now; besides something like a Ferris wheel, I can't think of many rides that can't be loaded/unloaded all at once anymore.

I haven't been on one of those in years, but used to love them!

The problem now is that my partner will not touch that ride with a ten foot pole and you need two people to ride, so we always skip it.

Zippers are so hard to describe unless you have been on one! I love them it is so unpredictable! Sometimes u get some great airtime while other times you might be flipped 20 times! I really hope they upgrade this ride! It already is great, but it looks so dated now. What would be really nice is if a giant zipper 2.0 was created thats at least 70 feet high! My mouth is already drooling.

Zippers are so hard to describe unless you have been on one! I love them it is so unpredictable! Sometimes u get some great airtime while other times you might be flipped 20 times! I really hope they upgrade this ride! It already is great, but it looks so dated now. What would be really nice is if a giant zipper 2.0 was created thats at least 70 feet high! My mouth is already drooling.

Ya. Exactly.. Theyre so unpredictable! The fact you can get airte is probably the thing that shocked me the most... Airtime better than many coasters, at that.

I love Zippers. They're just so much fun and I usually get anywhere from 10-20 flips on a single ride. I'd love for a park to get an updated version of the Zipper, but sadly, the capacity is not going to allow that to happen.

I love Zippers. They're just so much fun and I usually get anywhere from 10-20 flips on a single ride. I'd love for a park to get an updated version of the Zipper, but sadly, the capacity is not going to allow that to happen.

How about back-to-back "dueling" zippers? It needs to happen.

The Zipper is one of the only flats that still makes me really nervous. It's seriously intimidating to me just watching it in action. I haven't ridden one in years but would love to again. Such a beautiful contraption. I imagine a bulkier park model with open cars, OTSR's like a Chaos, and lowering horizontal boom for multi upload/unload for higher capacity.

How about back-to-back "dueling" zippers? It needs to happen.

^This, along with the post above about a bigger park model with chaos style seats, that'd be awesome...Back to back duelling park model zippers.

Not quite sure how the lowering boom would work though.